PDA

View Full Version : Costs to upgrade to xl broadband

tucker61
22-04-2008, 18:29
I phoned to ask how much it would cost me to upgrade from L to XL. Expecting cost to be about £5.00.
Indian advisor said £7.00.
I asked what are the download limits ? Reply was 20 mb. I asked how much could u download before my speed was managed. Reply was "20 mb is UNLIMITED" I rephrased and asked about the traffic management policy, " all our broadband is unlimited" I asked is 4 mb traffic managed. "no sir they are all unlimited. Finished by saying ok will think about it.

Why do people not know the products they are selling.
or why do they lie to us?

BenMcr
22-04-2008, 18:44
Upgrade cost from L to XL is £12 (unless you get a different bundle)

slowcoach
23-04-2008, 01:23
It's called "Having no interest in the job".

Mick Fisher
23-04-2008, 03:27
I phoned to ask how much it would cost me to upgrade from L to XL. Expecting cost to be about £5.00.
Indian advisor said £7.00.
I asked what are the download limits ? Reply was 20 mb. I asked how much could u download before my speed was managed. Reply was "20 mb is UNLIMITED" I rephrased and asked about the traffic management policy, " all our broadband is unlimited" I asked is 4 mb traffic managed. "no sir they are all unlimited. Finished by saying ok will think about it.

As a lot of us, apparently, have great difficulty deciphering the IMHO deliberately misleading terms and conditions, found in the small print, and sometimes in the not so small print, associated with offers, hence the need to phone up. :dozey:
I do not find it surprising that someone on the other side of the world who is forced to do the job for peanuts and whose first language is likely to be Urdu, has not the slightest interest or understanding of what sca..ooops I mean offer VM are touting this particular week.
I not defending the response you recieved but just voicing a likely explanation as we all know what happens when you pay in peanuts. :D

Noggo
23-04-2008, 11:02
Remember that `L' bb is getting a free upgrade soon to 10Mb.
DO you really need 20Mb?

tucker61
23-04-2008, 19:50
Remember that `L' bb is getting a free upgrade soon to 10Mb.
DO you really need 20Mb?

not really, just get frustrated when downloading files and get capped just before file is completed.

Noggo
23-04-2008, 21:48
Why don't you get ADSL, Be, UK online or something similiar then.
If ADSL is an option, have a look to see what services / providers you can get:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/mapping/mapping.php
(Enter your postcode then once map appears, click on your street and enter house number)

tucker61
23-04-2008, 22:31
Why don't you get ADSL, Be, UK online or something similiar then.
If ADSL is an option, have a look to see what services / providers you can get:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/mapping/mapping.php
(Enter your postcode then once map appears, click on your street and enter house number)

will cost me £125 for bt phone line,
I will wait for upgrade to 10 mb