PDA

View Full Version : I cant access hotmail, and search on google.

botchok5
22-04-2008, 16:22
Well today approximitely 16:00 I got home and use the internet and I can go to googles main page but when I serach something the screen just doesnt move at all. And when I go to hotmail when it goes to the log in page it just doesnt show up.
So I asked a friend thoguh MSN to try searching something through google, and logging in to hotmail, and it seems everything is ok with him.

Can someone help me out, is there something wrong with my computer or the internet?

webcrawler2050
22-04-2008, 16:27
Have you tried;

* Powering down & Restarting your PC
* Powering down & Restarting your Moden & Router (If you have one)
* can you ping www.hotmail.co.uk via CMD?

If you dont know how to ping,

Start >> Run >> CMD >> ping www.hotmail.co.uk

botchok5
22-04-2008, 17:56
Thnx forthe quick reply,
yeah I restarted both my PC and Modem and the internet is good, but the hotmail and google is messing up, I have no idea whats going on.
All I remember is that I downloaded a software and I ran CC Cleaner to clean the registry, u think that could have screwed it up?

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

what do I do after I used "Ping", it just gives me weird messages

indie1982
22-04-2008, 18:03
Copy the results of the ping and post them here.

Mick Fisher
23-04-2008, 03:24
CC Cleaner probably cleaned up something it shouldn't. :(

Logging into Hotmail is dodgy enuough at the best of times. I have been trying out Safari for Windows as an alternative browser to Slimbrowser as it is supposed to Phormproof due to the way it handles cookies.
Anywho, no way can I get it to log into Hotmail. :confused: I've dumped Safari for the moment and am back using Slimbrowser.

I also remember the time when my daughter caught the apropos rootkit (thanks Kent).
As she had most of her stuff backed up I decided it was probably easier to load up a back up image. I then switched off the windows weak firewall and installed a software firewall. Later that day I got a phonecall that she couldn't connect to her beloved MSN :rolleyes: .

Oh well it wasn't such a job to permit MSN through the firewall but for some reason the firewall was not asking for any permissions as regards MSN. I've seen the same behaviour from Hotmail. All the user can see is that it won't connect.

It's no wonder casual users just give up, switch off their firewalls and leave themselves open to abuse from the many Kents of this world. :shocked:

Kymmy
23-04-2008, 08:43
If Hotmail and google is screwed up then there's a possibility of some adware on your PC...

Adware reroutes search engines to give thier own results so could give the problems you describe...

But in the end it's just one of many possibilities with others including...partial DNS failure, Partial routing failure, Virii, Spyware, Adware, HOSTS files corruption...could go on here for ever :)

Kymmy