PDA

View Full Version : VM Broadband Connection Problems..

trevortt
20-04-2008, 20:39
Okay, first of all i would like to say that i am aware there is issues in my area (http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/regionissues.do?regions=YK&prodName=status+home).

But i am slightly stumped as to why my download speeds are relatively quick 1.4Mb/sec wheras, it takes atleast 10 seconds to load any website, now this can be a simple site as google to a full blown graphically website as deviantart.

Also, as to why my pings whilst playing any game) online is atleast in the region of 400 wheras i usually have a ping of about 15 in BF2/2142 or HL2/TF.

Now, like i have stated above my area has internet problems but why is it this problem only affects my games and websites?

I have also scanned my computer for viruses, malware, adware, spyware cos i know some people on here will be blaming my setup for this, well VM always do But, i know for a fact i am not infected with anything.

So can anyone answer my above question?

Cheers

refraction
20-04-2008, 21:21
it could be something to do with their traffic management systems, it could be they are going up the wall.

I dont know what I can suggest apart from see how it goes after they fix the issue, if the issues still persist, give all your kit a reboot, see how it goes, if it continues, come back and we will see if we can find the root of the cause.

trevortt
21-04-2008, 17:09
it could be something to do with their traffic management systems, it could be they are going up the wall.

I dont know what I can suggest apart from see how it goes after they fix the issue, if the issues still persist, give all your kit a reboot, see how it goes, if it continues, come back and we will see if we can find the root of the cause.

Thanks for the reply.

Well after a long day at work my internet speed has appeared to have returned to norm. Thankfully, now, any website takes less than 1sec honest its very quick and my games pings are also back to norm. Seems like Virgin have fixed the issue(s) touch wood :P