Tezcatlipoca
20-04-2008, 18:50
So...

The MGO Beta is on the PSN Store.

Excellent :)

Except....

You then have to download an update for it... even though it's new. :rolleyes:

Why is the version on the Store not the up to date version? :confused:

And... the update is downloaded outside the PSN, using P2P.... and takes *ages*, and hogs the connection, and can't be done in the background. :rolleyes:

Then, when you're finally past that... you need to create a "Konami ID", followed by a separate "Game ID". :rolleyes:

Eh? What's wrong with us being able to use our existing PSN IDs. Which, you know, are meant to be a single ID for everything...

And to top it off, the Konami website is useless, & many people are having major problems actually trying to sign up for the Konami ID in the first place. :rolleyes:

There's a good story on Kotaku about it... can't like to it due to the URL being a bit rude though...

I've given up on it, myself. :(

Update: Too slow.

Konami ID & Game ID: Stupid idea, & I'm fed up with it timing out & giving various other errors.

Konami... you lose :td:

STONEISLAND
20-04-2008, 19:44
So...

Except....

And... the update is downloaded outside the PSN, using P2P.... and takes *ages*, and hogs the connection, and can't be done in the background. :rolleyes:

Then, when you're finally past that... you need to create a "Konami ID", followed by a separate "Game ID". :rolleyes:

Eh? What's wrong with us being able to use our existing PSN IDs. Which, you know, are meant to be a single ID for everything...

And to top it off, the Konami website is useless, & many people are having major problems actually trying to sign up for the Konami ID in the first place. :rolleyes:

There's a good story on Kotaku about it... can't like to it due to the URL being a bit rude though...

Konami ID & Game ID: Stupid idea, & I'm fed up with it timing out & giving various other errors.

I have given it with it too.

But remember its not live till Mon or Tues day. Also one word BETA

icestar2
20-04-2008, 20:10
Matt I feel your pain. I have been so annoyed this weekend over trying to get a Konami Id. The bloody site fails everytime I try. I thought getting the patch was a pain but this Konami id is stupid. Also they took there servers down other day for emergency maintenence which fixed . . . . . .nothing at all. soon as its back up same problems.

I actually now beleive they wernt expecting as many to sign-up and these fails are there to stop so many sign-up's. Poor performance Konami ! ! ! Dont promise what you cant deliver !

Note- with it going live tomorrow there no chance at all you'll get it working tomorrow so unless its tonight then I guess were gonna miss out on this on.

Tezcatlipoca
21-04-2008, 00:01
It's ridiculous.

I can't see how Konami couldn't have realised it would be so popular, & I really can't see how anyone at Konami could have been so unbelievably stupid as to insist on ignoring PSN & making us all sign up for two extra online IDs (well, *try* to sign up!).

I mean, it's simple, isn't it? Use the PSN Store for downloading the up to date version of the Beta, and use PSN IDs for logging in to the game etc.

But, no... instead the Store has an out of date version (even though it only went up a few days ago!), so you have to update it - outside PSN - using some awful P2P method. And instead of using a unified online ID - such as, well, the PSN ID - we have to get both a Konami ID and a Game ID...if we're lucky enough for the Konami website to not time out.

It's a joke.

I've seen on other forums, that what few people have been lucky enough to get the update & get the IDs, are then having serious problems actually logging into the Beta, & the Konami servers are not holding up very well...

As I said before, I've given up on it.

The way Konami's farce is going, I don't think I'd have much of a chance to get a go at the MGO Beta before the GTA IV release.

Damien
21-04-2008, 00:08
I have read poor previews/first-looks of the game itself on some sites/magazines. If anyone wants to know exactly where I could attempt to track it down. So you may not be missing much

It seems like there are severe problems with balancing and the competitiveness of the game, Apparently it become quite tedious and repetitive with one side having a overwhelming advantage due to something to do with the game mechanics. I didn't read the whole article (may have been in EDGE) so I am not clear on all the details there.

Cerberus
21-04-2008, 00:08
So...

Except....

Any chance you can PM me the link at all, without breaking rules?

icestar2
21-04-2008, 00:15
Any chance you can PM me the link at all, without breaking rules?

Link to what lol ? the konami Id page ? If so I've put it in the PSN New Store thread m8. If you mean about the P2P thing though well its actually in the beta itself. Just launch it and when you try start game it will tell you a newer version of the game is out then take you to a page with the choice to download via P2P or HTTP however the HTTP does not work so your forced into P2P which takes ages to pick up any decent seeds.

Konami have really let us down on this one.

Konami Id sign-up Page - http://id.konami.net (http://id.konami.net) (When it works)

Cerberus
21-04-2008, 00:17
No, the link Matt D was talking about.

icestar2
21-04-2008, 00:20
No, the link Matt D was talking about.

Lol just read it back and I see now. Sorry my mistake. Always reading things wrong.

Cerberus
21-04-2008, 00:22
Want the link sent to you?

icestar2
21-04-2008, 00:24
Want the link sent to you?

Yeah sure thanks :)

dev
21-04-2008, 00:52
Update was ok in terms of speed for me, granted konami think its good to limit the upload to twice the download speed (cause that'll do something!). The ID site is a joke though, complaining of inactivity after clicking the next link within 2 seconds. Only tips for that site is do it either 2/3am or 8am when most people are asleep.

icestar2
21-04-2008, 01:05
Ok the Konami website is now working for any1 still up. I just got through the registration without a single problem. Pages loaded fast and everything. Must of finally sorted there servers out.

STONEISLAND
21-04-2008, 11:59
Driving me mad this is!!!!!!

What does this mean?

Your Password must be a combination of alphanumeric characters of 8-32 characters in length.
Your GAME ID must be 8-32 characters in length using lower case letters, numbers, hyphens (-), underscores (_), and periods (.).
Please enter a GAME ID password 4-16 numbers in length.
Please enter a GAME ID password (Reenter to confirm) 4-16 numbers in length

CAn I not use: stoneisland1

icestar2
21-04-2008, 13:09
You GameID password has to be all numbers m8. At least 4 with a maximium of 16. Your game Id must use letters and numbers for example if I were to use my forum name maybe I would use something like - icestar2008

Hope thats helps ya along :)

STONEISLAND
21-04-2008, 13:14
You GameID password has to be all numbers m8. At least 4 with a maximium of 16. Your game Id must use letters and numbers for example if I were to use my forum name maybe I would use something like - icestar2008

I will give it anther go tonight as I have to refresh then got the too busy error. :erm: :dozey:

Its an absolute FARSE!!!!! :confused: :rolleyes:

They should never had released it!! :mad: :td:

Stephen
21-04-2008, 13:20

The password can be letters and numbers not just numbers.

I just tried registering and the site timed out. Will try again when I am at home later on tonight.

icestar2
21-04-2008, 13:27
I will give it anther go tonight as I have to refresh then got the too busy error. :erm: :dozey:

Its an absolute FARSE!!!!! :confused: :rolleyes:

They should never had released it!! :mad: :td:

Agreed its a complete joke. Looks like any1 will be lucky to connect to a server anyway. I have my ID's now but you cant connect anyway just constant "Unable to connect to server" Bull so I wouldn't worry m8 up2 now its the complete joke the sign-up have been.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Nevermind its been DELAYED !

IMPORTANT NOTICE for all
METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:

1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html

This also applies to America to so its not just us. Should have word tomorrow from them.

Bluffdemon
21-04-2008, 13:41
Too much messing about , i am just going to wait till the game is released as its been a joke trying to get the update and a knoami id

They must have known that the MGS beta would be wanted by so many people so why didnt they get it all sorted before they put the beta on the store ? rush rush rush and look where its got them :o:

STONEISLAND
21-04-2008, 14:37
Agreed its a complete joke. Looks like any1 will be lucky to connect to a server anyway. I have my ID's now but you cant connect anyway just constant "Unable to connect to server" Bull so I wouldn't worry m8 up2 now its the complete joke the sign-up have been.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Nevermind its been DELAYED !

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html

This also applies to America to so its not just us. Should have word tomorrow from them.
There’s a surprise to be expected.

They have egg on there faces a big embarrassment. Why would you not think there would be a big demand??

icestar2
21-04-2008, 17:05
The good thing is guys that there learning this now. So when the game does get released they should have sorted everything out. Thats the whole point in a Beta. I guess the stress test failed and now they are working on it :)

Tezcatlipoca
21-04-2008, 20:06
Some things should obviously have been done differently in the first place though (Konami IDs, Beta update).

And even if they sort the servers out, I bet the full game still makes us use these stupid extra IDs.

I have zero faith in Konami after this.

Also, as the Beta has been delayed 'till Friday, I wonder how many people are going to bother with the hassle, seeing as a certain game is due to be released a few days later...

icestar2
21-04-2008, 21:13
Some things should obviously have been done differently in the first place though (Konami IDs, Beta update).

And even if they sort the servers out, I bet the full game still makes us use these stupid extra IDs.

I have zero faith in Konami after this.

Also, as the Beta has been delayed 'till Friday, I wonder how many people are going to bother with the hassle, seeing as a certain game is due to be released a few days later...

Couldn't agree more m8. Konami dropped the ball with this one in a big way. Also been reading its no more than a standard shooter. I for one still cant wait for MGS4 but this MGS:Online may be a miss for me.

icestar2
25-04-2008, 14:09
Another patch 1.02. Changes way we connect to Konami servers they said. Its not to big this one so shouldnt be such a problem. Any1 still intrested in this after K's super c*ck-ups then you'll need to patch again. Not sure if games gone live yet check later.

KungFuKitty
25-04-2008, 14:41
Havn't posted on the forum for awhile but ..Hi guys! I've been following this beta closely :dozey: totally sucked uptill now but finally we're getting the Beta tonight @ 10pm if anyone is still interested ;)
Seeya ingame~
Kitty x

icestar2
25-04-2008, 15:19
Havn't posted on the forum for awhile but ..Hi guys! I've been following this beta closely :dozey: totally sucked uptill now but finally we're getting the Beta tonight @ 10pm if anyone is still interested ;)
Seeya ingame~
Kitty x

Thanks Kitty. Wernt sure what time it went live. Bit late. Maybe their hoping most people are out getting drunk or in bed lol so there servers can handle whats left :)

dev
25-04-2008, 15:38

pretty much my thinking, if it's not sorted by monday then i'm not going to be bothering with it at all

edit: managed to log in now :o

icestar2
25-04-2008, 17:28
I know you said 10pm Kitty but it looks like its actually gone live now :)

Cerberus
26-04-2008, 10:16
Updated it all and got everything up and running. I've got to say that this is a disappointment indeed. It's quite poor and I have now un-installed it.

icestar2
26-04-2008, 16:18
Updated it all and got everything up and running. I've got to say that this is a disappointment indeed. It's quite poor and I have now un-installed it.

Lol I have to agree m8. Maybe I was expecting to much. Its hard for any of these type of games to live upto COD4 tbh now. Although its diffrent I know its similair to if that makes sense lol. Still really looking forward to MGS4 but I dont think I shall be shedding out on MGS:online.

Is it Tuesday yet ? lol

Cerberus
26-04-2008, 21:27
Lol I have to agree m8. Maybe I was expecting to much. Its hard for any of these type of games to live upto COD4 tbh now. Although its diffrent I know its similair to if that makes sense lol. Still really looking forward to MGS4 but I dont think I shall be shedding out on MGS:online.

Is it Tuesday yet ? lol

Lol!

To me it was a pretty similar style of gameplay to what MGS:3 was. Only the online aspect was included with 4(beta). Think I will give this one a miss.

Roll on Tuesday! :tu: ;)

icestar2
27-04-2008, 01:49
Lol!

To me it was a pretty similar style of gameplay to what MGS:3 was. Only the online aspect was included with 4(beta). Think I will give this one a miss.

Roll on Tuesday! :tu: ;)

Do you mean MGS 4 ? If so well I think you will be missing out my friend. I dont know for sure but I do know from the MGS games I have played upto now the storey has been a big selling point for them (and me). I hope the Online beta has not put you off the actual game itself. Dont forget MGS4 and MGS:Online are 2 diffrent games really. :)

KungFuKitty
28-04-2008, 03:35
I know you said 10pm Kitty but it looks like its actually gone live now :)

Mhm :) they went up earlier than planned although i totally agree with the both of you... what a let down :( Was waitin' and info gathering on that beta for awhile too, jeez.
MGS4 will be brilliant, no doubt about it. Hopefully they'll iron out the MGO portion some more after this beta, the controls felt very constained, the aim/crosshair was poor unless in fps mode.. which you don't have much time to do as they put in "Auto Aim" :confused: seriously wth!? :dozey:
Anyway amen to roll on Tuesday!! :D :D Been waiting on GTA4 for a LONG time now and followed the production / reviews on it VERY closely and tbh it just gets better and better :D
I've got my special edition pre-ordered off Amazon and just hoping like hell i get it on the day :) IGN have done a video review which is the only in-game footage i've allowed myself to watch... and... wow :shocked:
Ok i won't go on i know this is the MGO thread, i'm just really excited :D :D :D
~ Kitty x

icestar2
28-04-2008, 14:20
Lol Kitty am sure any1 into games would understand. God I hope my copy turns up tomorrow. Got the email saying it was dispatched this morning. Anyway back on topic here some info on MGS:O. Seem theres a new map and new game type plus snake is playable in the update. Sounds intresting. Until tomorrow that is lol.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/28/mgo-update-brings-new-map-game-mode/

So by now you probably know your way around Blood Bath and Gronznyj Grad like the back of your hand and you're starting to want more from your Metal Gear Online (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/tag/mgo) experience. The European beta has now been updated with a third map and a new gameplay mode. The new map, Midtown Maelstrom, is a medium size level set on the street of a war-stricken town. Hence the name.

As for the new gameplay mode, we expect the Sneaking Mission to be incredibly popular for the sole reason that Snake is a playable character. One player takes on his role, complete with OctoCamo, Solid Eye and other handy items (how does he carry so much stuff while sneaking around?). The aim is to move silently around the map trying to collect dog tags by defeating other players. If more than ten people are playing then another player takes the role of Metal Gear Mk II in order to help out Snake. Meanwhile two teams battle it out as usual.