PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation

cfmiT
20-04-2008, 19:05
Can anyone tell me the cool off/cancellation time with this aweful organisation???
I am SICK:td: of phoning 150 and 0906.......
I have been installed just 6 Days :confused:

jcw00
20-04-2008, 19:17
12 Months is the normal contract length, but you may get lucky. Read your T&Cs that you signed.

BenMcr
20-04-2008, 19:19
7 days is the legal period

However, Virgin give you 28 days if a brand new install

cfmiT
20-04-2008, 19:45
Thanx my friend I've just left BT Grrr for Virginmedia Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It has been for me a classic case of scalding hot frying pan into an inferno of a fire

Net result I am going back to BT, they also say; better the devil that ...

Thank you for your help in this matter at least this is the only thing I cannot complain about a 28 day cancel period

My reaction is to say THANK GOD!!!

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Hi jcw00
Thanx for your input but I haven't seen any contract let alone T&C I have yet to find a 'Search' facility window or field on Virginmedia's website.
I didn't even get a letter welcoming me to the Company, no user name or password for e-mail set up I had to ring India [Which I detest!] and get SO hot under the collar as to raise my blood pressure to a highly dangerous level ~ I kid you not my friend. Cheers!

BenMcr
20-04-2008, 19:55
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/oncable/productterms.html

Cable services are available in Virgin Media cabled streets only, subject to network capacity. Unless you are told otherwise by us, 12 month minimum term contract applies. Further terms and conditions apply. Prices quoted are for payment by Direct Debit. If you pay by any other method, Virgin Media Payments Ltd will charge a monthly £5 charge for the payment handling services it provides to you. All prices include VAT at 17.5% where appropriate. Payment may be required in advance. Customers may be required to pay a deposit of £25 by credit or debit card (credited to 1st bill).

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/money_back_guarantee.html

In fact, we're so confident our services will fit your needs perfectly that we're offering you a 30 day money back guarantee, and if you don't fall in love with us, we'll give you your money back. No questions asked

cfmiT
20-04-2008, 23:32
Thank You VERY Much!

frogstamper
20-04-2008, 23:41
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/oncable/productterms.html

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/money_back_guarantee.html

Hi Ben, do VM still have that message when you ring up that says, "If your not happy, we are not happy", if they do they must be near suicidal by now.;)

cfmiT
21-04-2008, 13:02
Hello again BenMc,

I have just cancelled under the 30 day period, after some sqirming and wriggling within the dept at option 4 IVR@150

My final note is that if Richard Branson wants this business to grow market share he will really have to up his QoS by a large margin.

The last post here by frogstamper was really good and sums up the general state of play with Virginmeda.

Gary L
21-04-2008, 14:22
Hi Ben, do VM still have that message when you ring up that says, "If your not happy, we are not happy", if they do they must be near suicidal by now.;)

:LOL:

jungleguy
21-04-2008, 22:57
not happy with BT and now not happy with VM. maybe your just not happy. Odd that someone who is fed up with dialing 150. wants to know how long the cool off period is for new customers to cancel, the number to cancel is also 150. Hmmm isn't that the number your fed up calling?

cfmiT
21-04-2008, 23:54
jungleguy your words serve no useful purpose. I will be HAPPY :) when all this finds a place in the past. Get my drift?
BT qualifies for 5/10 whilst your so-called VM finds itself in the negative values -2/10
VERY BAD the whole damned Virgin experience!!! I am HAPPY That it is all now finished now that I have CANCELLED

BTW I am the first to praise good people who give good service.

LET THIS BE A FINAL POST ~ Sorry! The LAST POST in this sorry affair!

Thanx to everyone who wrote CONSTRUCTIVE posts and helped me

frogstamper
22-04-2008, 00:09
jungleguy your words serve no useful purpose. I will be HAPPY :) when all this finds a place in the past. Get my drift?
BT qualifies for 5/10 whilst your so-called VM finds itself in the negative values -2/10
VERY BAD the whole damned Virgin experience!!! I am HAPPY That it is all now finished now that I have CANCELLED

I hope this isn't the last we see of you cfmiT, people like jungleguy are mercifully rare on CF just wanting to goad a reaction. You made a decent post and I hope its not the last.:)

cfmiT
22-04-2008, 11:49
Thanks very much frogstamper.

You always find a few 'rear ends' on these forums like jungleguy.

It's just unfortunate that I found him or maybe her!

I will be back soon :)

Cheers.

Markly Darkly
22-04-2008, 13:55

I don't think you have actually told us why you weren't happy - that would be useful

cfmiT
22-04-2008, 15:52
Hello once more.
About two or three days ago I posted a long winded explanation of what must be the worst service I have ever received, and, if you've time to read it here goes, I will copy and past it into here although the original can be found under security/PC Guard problems/viruses

"Re: PC Guard problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Folks,
I have had MEGA-PROBLEMS with Virginmedia since their install guy turned up last Wednesday at the wrong time of day and full of apologies to which I replied OK come on in and do the job [fortunately I am a retired Cisco CCNA instructor] so I had time. Upon completion he went to the street box and connected the telco. The next episode in the Virgin disaster was the firing up the ADSL connection between my house and Virgin ~ I was on the phone for 2.5hrs ,the tech support on the 0906 was completed when I read over to the 'technician' the MAC [Media Access Control] id of the ADSL modem.
All I ever saw was screen 1 and 2 couldn't get past SURNAME and the eight digit PIN why? because the account hadn't been set up properly according to the little Indian lady. The call cost a staggering £3.60 we should remind Richard Branson that at least Dick Turpin wore a mask

This is going to take along time to report because there is a great deal more...
The install guy left me just 3 booklets TV, Phone and Broadband. On the 'phone booklet he wrote as one might expect, the landline number, on the TV booklet he wrote only the default PIN for On Demand and Live Events together with Parental Control; NO CUSTOMER ACCOUNT DETAILS, NO SMART CARD SERIAL ID # and finally on the Broaband booklet he just wrote the SURNAME and PIN NUMBER ~ NO USER NAME for e-mails set up or PASSWORD.

I must tell you at this point my install was booked for the 15/04/2008 and would you believe it! confirmation of my aforementioned SURNAME [Which I am very aquainted with after all these years] together with my PIN landed on my doormat on the 17/04/2008 but still no User or Password - so more 150 calls and more hateful reference to premium numbers during my initiation to the world of Richard Branson's Virginmedia I WAS NOT IMPRESSED
The story gets worse! Their PC Guard screwed up my registry in my PC when I agreed to delete a boat load of 'SPYWARE' & 'MALWARE' it had found.
To get my PC up and running I had to do a SYSTEM RESTORE back to a logical point, namely the day before Virgin entered my house.14/04/2008

There is more to report but most of all I want to warn anyone thinking about using PC GUARD that it is a dangerous plug-in to a well used PC that has over 24GB of the C: drive used by various programs and data.
To Be Continued ~ I have just had a thought, I will copy and paste this complaint onto my website the url will be http://x100p.co.uk/virginsaga this way I can take my time and report the SAGA in full...

Since I wrote this I have cancelled my Telco, CaTV and ADSL service so I am a HAPPY CHAPPY :) now.

I created a folder on my Desktop entitled Virgin on the rediculous. It is now full of junk and will be deleted forever when they come and collect their hardware later in May.

webcrawler2050
22-04-2008, 16:06
ADSL

For some one that is Cisco you should know it's not ADSL - Its DSL

I was on the phone for 2.5hrs ,the tech support on the 0906 was completed when I read over to the 'technician' the MAC [Media Access Control] id of the ADSL modem.

Its not that hard!

All I ever saw was screen 1 and 2 couldn't get past SURNAME and the eight digit PIN why? because the account hadn't been set up properly according to the little Indian lady

Never do trust India, from the amount of VM connections I have setup, its a problem on most of them! You should just be able to stick in the ethernet, bang in your PIN and details, reouter activated, might cache for 10-15 minutes, hey presto!

NO CUSTOMER ACCOUNT DETAILS, NO SMART CARD SERIAL ID # and finally on the Broaband booklet he just wrote the SURNAME and PIN NUMBER ~ NO USER NAME for e-mails set up or PASSWORD.

Customer Number = On your welcome Letter / Email
Username for emails, you setup when you slap the disk in, same again for password - Personally didnt bother!

during my initiation to the world of Richard Branson's Virginmedia I WAS NOT IMPRESSED

Branson Doesn't own Virgin Media, the board(s) from NTL, Telewest & Blueyonder do, they paid something around £30 Million to use the Virgin Name, branson has a place on the board I *believe* he has capital invested with VM.

The story gets worse! Their PC Guard screwed up my registry in my PC when I agreed to delete a boat load of 'SPYWARE' & 'MALWARE' it had found

You should know this especially being a Cisco Engineer, the "PC Guard" Software is shoddy and unstable, dont use it!

Personally, I think this was the classic case that you get the Web Hosting industry! Expecting FAR too much, for such a little fee. For someone who is a Cisco ENgineer, you don't know much! Its not rocket science to someone who is technically competant. Do you want VM to hold your hand to the loo as well? Sorry mate, but it dont take a lot to pick up a remote for the telly and figure it out yourself!

I think the engineers apology, should have been accepted and I think thats was got you miffed.. first impressions and all that but you know, it happens. If you run at the first sight of trouble with BT, you will be running for the rest of your life! (Not literally)

Nuff said, thats my rant over!

cfmiT
22-04-2008, 16:38
My right to reply to you: Mr Cleverclogs

Looks like you need some education... Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Subscriber_Line

Short for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line ADSL, a new technology that allows more data to be sent over existing copper telephone lines (POTS). ADSL supports data rates of from 1.5 to 9 Mbps when receiving data (known as the downstream rate) and from 16 to 640 Kbps when sending data (known as the upstream rate).
ADSL requires a special ADSL modem.
ADSL is growing in popularity as more areas around the world gain access.
There exists a variety of DSL services!! Check them out!!
Typically, upload speed is lower than download speed for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) and equal to download speed for Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line (SDSL).

Next point

Quote:
I was on the phone for 2.5hrs ,the tech support on the 0906 was completed when I read over to the 'technician' the MAC [Media Access Control] id of the ADSL modem.

Just a waste of time that's all ~ like this reply is...

Next:

Never do trust India, from the amount of VM connections I have setup, its a problem on most of them! You should just be able to stick in the ethernet, bang in your PIN and details, reouter activated, might cache for 10-15 minutes, hey presto!

IF we are going to be pedantic, What is a reouter?

I HAVE DECIDED THAT YOU ARE NOT WORTH REPLYING ANY FURTHER TO

You Mr Cleverclogs are just one more nail in the COFFIN of my terrible experience with Virgin media which I now say to you and VM...

GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO YOU AND YOUR LIKES:td:

webcrawler2050
22-04-2008, 16:49
My right to reply to you: Mr Cleverclogs

Wasnt being "clever" stating a fact, far too many times do I see whining, stupid customers, who have common sense to pick up something and figure it out. its really not that hard. PLus you could saved your self probably £30 in phone calls! It's like "users" want companies to spoon feed them and change their nappy at every stage. :)

You Mr Cleverclogs are just one more nail in the COFFIN of my terrible experience with Virgin media which I now say to you and VM...

GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO YOU AND YOUR LIKES

Ta-ta

cfmiT
22-04-2008, 17:05
Go AWAY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have NO TIME for people who KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS You have just SPOILT this forum for me. I was looking for some help and I ended up with this S**T from you

BTW I am not a @whining, stupid customer' YOU HAVE A BLOODY CHEEK.

You will come a cropper one day with your clever/nasty remarks.

All incoming mail from Cable Forum will now be routed to the garbage can ~ so don't bother wasting any more of my life.:mad:

webcrawler2050
22-04-2008, 17:10
Go AWAY!!!

I have NO TIME for people who KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS You have just SPOILT this forum for me. I was looking for some help and I ended up with this S**T from you

BTW I am not a @whining, stupid customer' YOU HAVE A BLOODY CHEEK.

You will come a cropper one day with your clever/nasty remarks.

All incoming mail from Cable Forum will now be routed to the garbage can ~ so don't bother wasting any more of my life.

Why reply then?

Anywho enough's enough, this is boring me now:D

MovedGoalPosts
22-04-2008, 17:19
Children please. If you don't want to be the target of flaming, then don't bait others with derogatory posts yourself. If unhappy with a post content, report it and await the moderator's investigation. Don't pour oil on the fire, and get yourself into difficulties too by responding in an aggressive manner.

I see nowhere further for this thread to go, so it's closed.