PDA

View Full Version : bb install cd

joec
19-04-2008, 18:57
Hello, Hope this is ok too ask?
I need a copy of the install cd for b b through the samsung box (2100) as i have had to re-format my pc and the install cd i have will not work!
thanks in advance
joec

jellybaby
19-04-2008, 19:04
When you connect the pc to the set top box, try going to www.start.com (or any site to be honest). This should bring up the 'Provisioning' page. Just follow the instructions :)

Make sure that you have your PID and password to hand.

joec
19-04-2008, 19:15
Hello, thanks for the reply.
the problem i have is that i need to re-install from fresh the bb and the cd i have will not work! (comes up with vtruck blah blah not found).
As you can see not that pc savvy with problems!
So I need a new copy of the install cd to see if that works? (cann't wait too speak to cs and wait for a new cd in the post)!
joec.

Hom3r
19-04-2008, 19:47
The CD in only needed for USB setup

joec
19-04-2008, 19:58
The CD in only needed for USB setup

You need it for stb installs! It asks you how you want too connect (usb or ethernet) on the 1.4 install cd.
thanks
joec.

jellybaby
19-04-2008, 20:01
Have you tried what i've suggested ?

BenMcr
19-04-2008, 21:08
They no longer issue CDs for STB or standard modem setup. but as has been said any site should take you to the provisioning page.

If not try http://start.ntl (and yes I did type that right)

I would suggest after 5th May, to request a swap to cable modem as they are a lot easier to deal with ;)

moaningmags
19-04-2008, 22:17
They no longer send out the cd's but you can download the drivers for your adaptor here
http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getContent.jspx?page=h_broadband&category=portal&app=helpbroadband

Scroll to the bottom of page and you'll see the drivers for the access point adaptors.
They have
Desktop (MA111)
Laptop (MA521)
Desktop (MB101TW)
Laptop (MB401TW)

HTH
Mags

Stuart
19-04-2008, 22:21
You need it for stb installs! It asks you how you want too connect (usb or ethernet) on the 1.4 install cd.
thanks
joec.

No. You don't.

I had broadband through my STB for about 6 years and have never even owned an NTL or Virgin CD, much less used one.

moaningmags
20-04-2008, 04:26
I think there's been a misunderstanding somewhere.
His comp isn't auto-installing the driver software for his usb adaptor.
So he needs the driver software to install his usb adaptor to use
with his wireless access point.
Unless he's using ethernet from STB to comp in which case he needs his NIC drivers installed which the cd won't help with anyway.

JOEC, Can you clarify whether you connect to your STB using an ethernet cable connected to your computer or if you connect through a Netgear Access Point giving you a wireless connection?
Also are you Ex-Telewest or Ex-NTL?
If you are Ex-NTL ignore my last post, I doubt those drivers will work if you're using NTL equipment.

joec
20-04-2008, 10:24
I think there's been a misunderstanding somewhere.
His comp isn't auto-installing the driver software for his usb adaptor.
So he needs the driver software to install his usb adaptor to use
with his wireless access point.
Unless he's using ethernet from STB to comp in which case he needs his NIC drivers installed which the cd won't help with anyway.

JOEC, Can you clarify whether you connect to your STB using an ethernet cable connected to your computer or if you connect through a Netgear Access Point giving you a wireless connection?
Also are you Ex-Telewest or Ex-NTL?
If you are Ex-NTL ignore my last post, I doubt those drivers will work if you're using NTL equipment.

Thanks for the replys. I am trying to set up a pc through ethernet connected to a belkin router this pc is wired and a laptop is wifi. laptop works fine (as you can see as i'm typing this out!)
I'm ex ntl/exc&w.
I will try all your sergestions!.
thanks again joec.

jellybaby
20-04-2008, 10:27
Confused. You have managed to get your router connected up and you are connecting wirelessly on your laptop ?

BenMcr
20-04-2008, 12:50
So it is nothing to do with the STB, its the router?

joec
20-04-2008, 13:42
So it is nothing to do with the STB, its the router?

Hello, no it's not the stb or the router!
I had a trogen on the pc that wiped my os re-installed os and need the software to install the bb back on to the pc.
the cd i got when i signed up to bb will not work(bb installer 1.4).
I get an error window saying vtruck.dbl is not working
I can not get the pc to receive an ip address.
@jellybaby tried your ideas sadly no good for me!
thanks anyway
joec.

jellybaby
20-04-2008, 13:46
but if you are conecting the pc to the router, then the router or the pc is the problem. Whether or not you have the cd, it wont help.

joec
20-04-2008, 13:59
but if you are conecting the pc to the router, then the router or the pc is the problem. Whether or not you have the cd, it wont help.

Thanks I think it's the network card on the pc just going to try the usb connector to see if that works?
joec