PDA

View Full Version : changing phone number ntl

shell34
18-04-2008, 10:49
Hello I'm new, but indepsrate help, On monday we requested a change of phone number due to weird & wonderful phone problems, yes no problems it will take 24 hrs, just ring 174 to get your new number. 24 hrs later no new number, rang back. "oh sorry the person didn't do it properly I'll do it aagain" said the nice lady, but it will take 24 hrs! 24hrs later we were cut off! went to mums to use the phone "sorry it was not done properly it will take 24hrs". 24 hrs later we have NO PHONE LINE NOTHING NO SOUND! WILL HAVE TO RING AGAIN FROM MUMS!! Please can anyone shed any light on what is happening, how can 3 people get it wrong what can I say without losing my rag, oh yes how long does it take for them to set up the new number from removing the old. is there a relaps time? going away tomorrow, got to get some answers. Thanks for reading:mad:shell

BenMcr
18-04-2008, 13:04
When the number is changed it does stop working for a short period of time while the change goes through.

Should be maximum of a couple of hours (and usually a lot less)

shell34
18-04-2008, 13:21
:DThank you for replying,i wish they hasd told me that. its really quite, (quite nice really!!) the mothering law has come back to england today & can't get hold of me for a couple of hours tee hee:naughty: