PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Qualifications

Raistlin
16-04-2008, 16:42
Afternoon All :)

Anybody able to tell me:

1. What qualifications are needed to be able to undertake electrical installations within the UK?

2. What qualifications are needed to then certify those installations, or installations carried out by other persons?

3. What sort of cost the required training would normally run to?

4. If there are any specific training organisations, or bodies that certify them, that I should look out for/avoid?

I'm thinking about a change in career. Already fairly competent with electrics, just not had any 'official' training/certification.

AntiSilence
16-04-2008, 17:14
Not too sure, but I bet you'd need to get 16th (or the new 17th) Edition Wiring Regulations in there.

punky
16-04-2008, 17:26
Paging Mr Bopdude... :)

Raistlin
17-04-2008, 10:20
Cheers AntiSilence, I think you're right.

Been doing some reading on the tinterweb, but it all seems very confusing. Nobody seems to have a straight answer as to what is needed.....

Thanks Gav, I'll sit back and see what the ever wonderful boppy has to say :D

Nidge
17-04-2008, 14:46
Afternoon All :)

Anybody able to tell me:

1. What qualifications are needed to be able to undertake electrical installations within the UK?

2. What qualifications are needed to then certify those installations, or installations carried out by other persons?

3. What sort of cost the required training would normally run to?

4. If there are any specific training organisations, or bodies that certify them, that I should look out for/avoid?

I'm thinking about a change in career. Already fairly competent with electrics, just not had any 'official' training/certification.

16th edition mate then you'll have to be registered with the NIC/EIC to enable you to work on houses.