PDA

View Full Version : Virgin media-another screwed up payment

ginge51
14-04-2008, 21:34
Hi all :)

Well i upgraded my account about 2 months ago to 4 mb, soon to be 10mb.
I got billed £31.43 for last months bill, they said this was due to moving over to a bigger package, so i accepted thinking everything would be ok??????????????
They also said next time we will bill you're account i'm due to pay £31.42 for my next bill my account would be in credit and I'll only have to pay £10 for this month(should be £18 for 6 months on this contract).
Just got my monthly email saying all's i have to do is pay £25 and I'm all done????
So yet again they've overcharged me, I've seen so many threads on here about this.
I should be paying £18 per month but have paid £31.43 for a month and now £25 when it should of been £10 like they told me over the phone?
I'll have to phone up some nugget now called rthjsopthjugjoityhjuthjthiorth in Pakistan who hasn't got the foggiest.
ffs.

Welshchris
14-04-2008, 21:37
my bill was just over £45 last month including calls and they debited from my account £2.63........

Being honest i rang the billing and was told that a mistake had arisen and was told that it hadnt and my bill was clear... I left it a few hrs and rang back and spoke to someone else and again was told my bill was clear so they cant say i didnt try and notify them.

frogstamper
14-04-2008, 23:52
Hi all :)

Well i upgraded my account about 2 months ago to 4 mb, soon to be 10mb.
I got billed £31.43 for last months bill, they said this was due to moving over to a bigger package, so i accepted thinking everything would be ok??????????????
They also said next time we will bill you're account i'm due to pay £31.42 for my next bill my account would be in credit and I'll only have to pay £10 for this month(should be £18 for 6 months on this contract).
Just got my monthly email saying all's i have to do is pay £25 and I'm all done????
So yet again they've overcharged me, I've seen so many threads on here about this.
I should be paying £18 per month but have paid £31.43 for a month and now £25 when it should of been £10 like they told me over the phone?
I'll have to phone up some nugget now called rthjsopthjugjoityhjuthjthiorth in Pakistan who hasn't got the foggiest.
ffs.

I know how you feel ginge, something very similar happened to me. I was originally on the 2mb and M phone for £15.50, then decided to go for the 4mb deal and phone which should have been £22.50 which was all confirmed when I ordered. As you say the first bill is normally higher, which to be honest I was expecting, but lo and behold I'm now being charged £27.00pm for BB-L and M phone, VMs answer, "I shouldn't have been offered that price due to price changes", if that's the case why am I not getting the cheaper 3 month introductory offer?, VM are supposed to be getting back to me. In all the years Ive been with cable this always happens, the price you agree on the phone is never the one on your monthly bill, typical.
As regards talking to anyone in India forget it, I'm not going to waste my time, they don't seem to have any authority to change anything, and besides I'm fed up with constantly saying "can you repeat that please", Ill ring in the daytime and hope to get through to someone who speaks English.