PDA

View Full Version : a bit of help

Berealwith
14-04-2008, 20:32
Can anyone help me to setup my newsgroup for virgin on outlook 2007 as i have just re-built my pc and dont want to use the vista mail. i have my e-mail accounts setup but cannot setup newsgroups on it. i have been into tools, customize, commands, go, and got news there but it only puts a tab up on my address bar, then when i click on it it opens up vista mail...not what i want......can anyone help.....

Robbie G
14-04-2008, 20:59
Can anyone help me to setup my newsgroup for virgin on outlook 2007 as i have just re-built my pc and dont want to use the vista mail

Well what do you want to use? You can't use Outlook.

Berealwith
14-04-2008, 21:05
ah its the donkeys ears for me then oops ........... i'll use the mail one. i'm new to outlook cheers for the quick responce..............Berealwith runs for his ears :dig: :dunce:

whydoIneedatech
14-04-2008, 22:57
Can anyone help me to setup my newsgroup for virgin on outlook 2007 as i have just re-built my pc and dont want to use the vista mail. i have my e-mail accounts setup but cannot setup newsgroups on it. i have been into tools, customize, commands, go, and got news there but it only puts a tab up on my address bar, then when i click on it it opens up vista mail...not what i want......can anyone help.....

Windows mail is the new name for Outlook Express 7, its basically a facelift for Vista.:)

kryogenik
14-04-2008, 23:01
You can't use Outlook.

Why not?
Outlook 2007 works fine on Vista?

whydoIneedatech
14-04-2008, 23:05
Why not?

Can it do Newsgroups because thats what he needs it for?

kryogenik
14-04-2008, 23:07
Dunno to be honest. I'd hazard a guess at yes.
I installed it on a client's machine and it was working as a mail client. I presume there's no problems with NG's?
I can't see why there would be.

Tali
14-04-2008, 23:13
Outlook 2007 (or any previous incarnation of full blown Outlook that I've used) doesn't support newsgroups

icestar2
14-04-2008, 23:14
I use outlook for the newsgroups on XP and its fine. Following links show how to setup newsgroups in outlook am guessing its not to diffrent for Vista.

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/setting-up-outlook-express-exntl.php?category=portal&app=customernewsgroups

Tali
14-04-2008, 23:30
That's Outlook Express

kryogenik
14-04-2008, 23:36
Outlook 2007 (or any previous incarnation of full blown Outlook that I've used) doesn't support newsgroups

Ah, there ya have it.
QED.
:)

whydoIneedatech
14-04-2008, 23:37
I use outlook for the newsgroups on XP and its fine. Following links show how to setup newsgroups in outlook am guessing its not to diffrent for Vista.

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/setting-up-outlook-express-exntl.php?category=portal&app=customernewsgroups

Yours is the EX-NTL set up below is the link for EX-Telewest. They are different but give the settings for each company.

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/setting-up.php

ceedee
15-04-2008, 04:19
Yours is the EX-NTL set up below is the link for EX-Telewest. They are different but give the settings for each company.
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/setting-up.php

I keep forgetting to hassle Ian Hagon to get new screengrabs showing the virginmedia server urls.
I've been meaning to do it for the last couple of weeks!
Must be the short-term memory, erm, memory... What was I saying?

I *will* remember tomorrow.
I *will* remember tomorrow.

:banghead:

Robbie G
15-04-2008, 17:53
Why not?

Of course it works; we're talking about newsgroups.

Dunno to be honest. I'd hazard a guess at yes.
I installed it on a client's machine and it was working as a mail client. I presume there's no problems with NG's?
I can't see why there would be.

It works with mail so it must work with newsgroups? Hmmm.

Ah, there ya have it.
QED.
:)

QED? QED?! It was demonstrated in the first post I made and rebutted by you, poorly, twice. Learn to read and get your facts straight before giving totally unhelpful information :rolleyes:.

kryogenik
15-04-2008, 17:56
Of course it works; we're talking about newsgroups.

It works with mail so it must work with newsgroups? Hmmm.

QED? QED?! It was demonstrated in the first post I made and rebutted by you, poorly, twice. Learn to read and get your facts straight before giving totally unhelpful information :rolleyes:.

No it wasn't. You simply said "You Can't use Outlook".
Tali explained it, not you.

Calm down, have a drinky milk.
Bedtime soon.

Moron.

Robbie G
15-04-2008, 18:05
No it wasn't. You simply said "You Can't use Outlook".
Tali explained it, not you.

Calm down, have a drinky milk.
Bedtime soon.

Moron.

Anyone with a brain and eyes could have realised that I was referring to newsgroups, given the OP's question. I guess sometimes you have to spell it out to people.:dunce:

kryogenik
15-04-2008, 18:10
Grow up Robbie.
You sound a bit rattled sunshine.
I was wrong but I wasn't insulting.
L e t . i t . g o.
:zzz:

Robbie G
15-04-2008, 19:15
Moron.

I was wrong but I wasn't insulting.

Haha perfect! :dunce::dunce::dunce:

kryogenik
15-04-2008, 19:18
Initially I wasn't insulting Robbie. You knew what I meant.
I never said anything derogatory or used rolling eyes when I posted asking why Outlook wouldn't work. Your reply was a dressing down that wasn't necessary.

This is just stupid bickering now - have your last word if you must.
You've made yourself look a right idiot.