PDA

View Full Version : Internet off

darkm
14-04-2008, 13:02
Folks,

My internet went down on sunday, My pc is bringing up the modem reg page but it will not allow you to run through this. My Modem was reg for the last 6 months. I did have an extra box installed on friday whic worked but since sunday both boxes come up with unscribed and the internet doesn't work.

Phoned technical support, they sent a hit to the modem, the lights did flash but it stills brings up the registration page. I know there was a fault nation wide for internet users bringing up the registration file but I cant remember if I read it here or on the staus page for virgin media.

Can Somebody shed some light on this.

thanks

Super_LEEDS
14-04-2008, 13:15
Maybe not what you want, mate, but I had the same thing and it was TS that resolved the problem. The guy had to go away for about 15 minutes and then rang back at which time it was working and I wasn't stuck in the registration loop.

Where have TS left you?

darkm
14-04-2008, 13:26
Tghe tech guy has tried everything he could then said it has to be done manually, wait 24 hours and it should be working. It sounds to me as an excuse to get me off the phone. I do remember seeing a nation wide fault for some users experienceing this, can you shed any futher info on this.

Super_LEEDS
14-04-2008, 13:31
That's what he said, its a known issue and thats why he knew how to solve it I reckon.

I'd get back on to them right now and hope u get someone different but over all it took about 30 mins to fix mine with reboots of PC and cable modem, etc.