PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a clue on VM support groups please...

AmAtoL
12-04-2008, 21:23
Righto I've posted a thread on the virginmedia.support.broadband.cable group and had a really quick reply, which was nice.
I did as she suggested with the tests etc. and pasted them in all nice liek, but could not reply as it said no profiles have been created and to do that in the Mail tab in the Control Panel.
Where is that basically ? :monkey:
I don't use Outlook at all any more, so any help appreciated :confused:

ceedee
12-04-2008, 21:36
Oops. Which application are you using?
If it's a news+mail app, could you be trying to reply by email rather than to the newsgroup?

edit: From your ng post it looks like you're using Outlook Express 6
If you select Tools/Accounts and click on the News tab, is there an entry for vm's newsserver?
Hang on -- your profile is something to do with OE's address book I think...

Just tried to copy you in OE and I seem to be able to respond to a post by right-clicking it and selecting Reply to Group. But if I click on Reply to Sender, OE tried to get me to enter my email account details.

cleshe
13-04-2008, 00:55
Righto I've posted a thread on the virginmedia.support.broadband.cable group and had a really quick reply, which was nice.
I did as she suggested with the tests etc. and pasted them in all nice liek, but could not reply as it said no profiles have been created and to do that in the Mail tab in the Control Panel.
Where is that basically ? :monkey:
I don't use Outlook at all any more, so any help appreciated :confused:

As already said, click" reply group." If you use the other "reply",it gets emailed, and will sit for ever, unless they are expecting you to reply that way.I found out the hard way!
Used properly once you find out how, it's a great way of dealing with problems.Do it wrong you never get an answer.

AmAtoL
13-04-2008, 08:45
Thanks chaps, when it asked me "do you want to send the message to the whole group" I bottled out with visions of every single post getting my reply :)

I'll reply to Group and see what happens.

cleshe
13-04-2008, 09:10
Thanks chaps, when it asked me "do you want to send the message to the whole group" I bottled out with visions of every single post getting my reply :)

I'll reply to Group and see what happens.

Had exactly the same thought!however, that's how it is.
I learned the hard way.In actuality, you get some helpful comments from other users sometimes.Like everywhere, you just have to ignore the idiots.

AmAtoL
13-04-2008, 10:12
Had exactly the same thought!however, that's how it is.

Yeah that worked ok cleshe ;)

Anyway, rebooted the modem and it seems a lot better now :shocked: