PDA

View Full Version : Talk Unlimited Or Talk XL?

hardtarget
10-04-2008, 23:18
On my Bill i get Talk Unlimited but i thought I was on Phone size XL,

Is XL the new name for talk unlimtied or is it the Talk L size?

cos i thought the calls were free to landlines but i still get bils of upto £60 per month and most are calls under 20p which they dont show you,

i checked the virgin emdia site and saw this so was wondering if this applies to all the landline calls to?
We also need to tell you that for every call you make, there's a connection cost of 7p.

chickendippers
10-04-2008, 23:27
Talk Unlimited is the XL Phone Package.

hardtarget
10-04-2008, 23:29
Talk Unlimited is the XL Phone Package.
what about the 7p connection charge?
does it apply to the XL package?

slowcoach
11-04-2008, 01:49
No.
01, 02 and 03 are totally free at all times so long as you keep the call under 1 hour.

BenMcr
11-04-2008, 01:50
No. 01, 02 and 03 are free at all times.

But only for the first 60 mins after which you have to redial to keep the call free. If you do not, you do not get charged the connection fee but will start getting charged the per min rate

frogstamper
11-04-2008, 02:01
what about the 7p connection charge?
does it apply to the XL package?

It would appear from this on VMs site that the 7p connection charge applies to all phone packages.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=10258

BenMcr
11-04-2008, 02:06
The legal stuff bit says

Phone: Zero-rated tariff applies to the first hour of direct-dialled local and national geographic voice calls only (numbers beginning 01, 02 or 03) starting within the weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday) period. You will be charged 3.25p per minute thereafter. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. Standard rates and connection fees apply to all other chargeable calls. Virgin Phone Terms and Conditions

And then from the residential tariff guide (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/phone/callingcosts.html)

Call rates to UK local and national numbers (geographic calls, numbers starting with 01, 02 or 03)

Talk Unlimited

Daytime
included in monthly fee*

Evening
included in monthly fee*

Weekend
included in monthly fee*

* Call connection fee does not apply. 3.25p per minute after 60 minutes. Redial to avoid call charges.

frogstamper
11-04-2008, 02:20
Hi Ben, so if I get the XL phone and all my calls are local and national and under one hour, with no calls to mobiles, I wont be charged a penny?, is that right. The link I posted is a bit confusing though isn't it, saying "We also need to tell you for every call you make, theres a connection cost of 7p" VM have made that about as clear as mud.!

lostandconfused
11-04-2008, 08:54
Hi Ben, so if I get the XL phone and all my calls are local and national and under one hour, with no calls to mobiles, I wont be charged a penny?, is that right. The link I posted is a bit confusing though isn't it, saying "We also need to tell you for every call you make, theres a connection cost of 7p" VM have made that about as clear as mud.!

Thats in the section, of the bit about what isnt included in the XL package.

Basically any UK call covered by a talk plan doesnt have a connection charge.
Any call outside the time of a talk plan (if its talk evenings and weekends or talk weekends) or for a call that isnt covered. i.e mobile, non geographical or international do have a connection charge.

frogstamper
11-04-2008, 13:32
Thats in the section, of the bit about what isnt included in the XL package.

Basically any UK call covered by a talk plan doesnt have a connection charge.
Any call outside the time of a talk plan (if its talk evenings and weekends or talk weekends) or for a call that isnt covered. i.e mobile, non geographical or international do have a connection charge.

Cheers for that mate.:tu:

m419
14-04-2008, 01:33
To make it even clearer here are the numbers that will NOT be included as free talk time:

0500 FreephoneThese will not appear on any bills as they are free to call
070 Personal numbers
07744 and 07755 Call Management numbers are charged 30p per minute
076 Paging numbers
077 to 079 Mobile Numbers
0800/0808 will not appear on bills as they are totally free to call at all times.
0844,0845 numbers will appear on your bill and cost up to 10p per min
0871 will appear and cost up to 15p per minute
090 numbers are premium rate and calls cost between 10p and £1.50 per minute or per call depending on the type of service you are calling.

01 numbers(Geogrpahical) will not appear on any phonebill as they are free to call.

02 numbers(Geographical) areas such as London,Southampton,Portsmouth,Cardiff,Coventry and all of Northern Ireland. These numbers are also free to call on XL phone package

03 numbers are a new range of national numbers but geographically charged meaning they are included with XL and will be free to call.

Calls to 01,02,03 numbers are free for up to an hour, so if your phone has a timer, hang up at 57 minutes and redial to continue talking for free. Also calls to Channel Islands and Isle of man(01481,01534 and 01624) are now included in free calls with XL.

If you call mobiles and regular basis but want to keep unlimited local and national calls, you could try adding Talk Mobile which costs £1.50 per month and offers discounts on calls to mobiles.