PDA

View Full Version : netgear router postage refund?

treeman
08-04-2008, 18:52
has anybody managed to get a refund for the postage of £7.50 as there is still no mention of any postal charge when you upgrade your speed for the free wireless router?

i have just had my bill and was still charged £7.50 but the website still says nothing about postage costs?

thanks for any help,

BenMcr
09-04-2008, 00:37
Would you rather they charge you the £40 for the router instead that the website does say?

A non-refundable, one time service charge of £40 will apply to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: M Broadband service and existing Size: L and Size: XL customers taking the wireless router without upgrading the Broadband service

It is in the process of being updated to reflect the £7.50 P&P option

webcrawler2050
10-04-2008, 04:40
Would you rather they charge you the £40 for the router instead that the website does say?

It is in the process of being updated to reflect the £7.50 P&P option

I know what Id rather ... Hmmm.. £7.50 or £40.... tought choice but er... £7.50. Jesus some people!

scoobadiva
10-04-2008, 04:51
but if your one of these customers who have no loyalty and jump ship every chance u get, VM will give you it for free, and all your services a whole lot cheaper. Nice one VM :td:

webcrawler2050
10-04-2008, 04:53
but if your one of these customers who have no loyalty and jump ship every chance u get, VM will give you it for free, and all your services a whole lot cheaper. Nice one VM :td:

Thats true - but if you ring up the nice people at CS they will happily reduce your bills for the same services, just use some of the ole nogging!

ceedee
10-04-2008, 12:28
If there are any more skinflints who want to try to get something for (next to) nothing, while the VM wireless webpage (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/wireless_howmuch.html) definitively states:

A non-refundable, one time service charge of £40 will apply to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: M Broadband service and existing Size: L and Size: XL customers taking the wireless router without upgrading the Broadband service.

However, today's VM press release (http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=205406&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1127861&highlight=) says:

The Virgin Media wireless router is available free* for ‘XL' and ‘L' broadband customers or for a £40* one-off fee for customers on the ‘M' broadband package. Customers can also purchase wireless cards for PCs for £20.
* postage and packing may apply

Looks to me like a slack press officer could cost VM a few bucks...
:rolleyes:

BenMcr
10-04-2008, 12:33
Don't see how. The terms on the website would override a press release would they not?

Anyway the only error is with the BB L wording.

All BB XL customers do get it free but existing customers have to pay postage and packing, which is what the press release says

ceedee
10-04-2008, 14:34
"What do you mean, pay for it? My husband / wife / next-door-neighbour is a journalist working on The Times / Independent / Guardian and they have a press release that says..."

I'd have expected somebody to check press releases for factual accuracy.

BenMcr
10-04-2008, 15:24
Wait for it ;)

treeman
10-04-2008, 15:30
just been in contact with virgin and they have agreed to refund the delivery cost and they said the website would be updated soon.:);)

BenMcr
10-04-2008, 15:46
Yup but it will be only updated to say £7.50 P&P for existing XL customers.

Nothing else is changing

And press release now says

The Virgin Media wireless router is available free for customers signing up to 'XL' and 'L' broadband or for a £40 one-off fee for customers choosing the 'M' broadband package. Customers can also purchase wireless cards for PCs for £20. Existing customers should call customer services on 150 or 0845 454 1111 to check pricing and availability*.

*postage and packing may apply

ceedee
10-04-2008, 16:59
LOL
You must have friends in high places...!

:tu:

bigdavep
13-04-2008, 13:00
I'm currently on the vip package. Does this mean I can get a free or £7.50 router or is it for new customers only??

anap
13-04-2008, 13:09
You can get it for £7.50.

ceedee
13-04-2008, 13:32
I'm currently on the vip package. Does this mean I can get a free or £7.50 router or is it for new customers only??

The relevant paragraph from the website would seem to be:
A non-refundable, one time service charge of £40 will apply to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: M Broadband service and existing Size: L and Size: XL customers taking the wireless router without upgrading the Broadband service.

So the answer is no.
But it's probably worth trying anyway as VM seem to be giving them away (and/or charging for p&p) regardless...