PDA

View Full Version : Connection problem

shockleader
07-04-2008, 23:01
Hi.

Hope someone can help, I've tried searching this forum and the rest of the net for the past 5 hours to no avail.

I'm no techy so please bare with me....

I am usually connected on the old NTL service via a pace box. Unfortunately my PC pooped itself about 3 months ago and required a new motherboard.
During this time I have used a laptop which I set up without any probs.
I've now got my old PC back and am trying to connect it to the box but I'm having real trouble.

I tried using the old NTL installation cd but got the V truck error, which now I think about it, think happened the first time I tried to use it.

I've tried to manually install but keep getting a limited or no connectivity message.

The laptop however works fine when I switch the cable over.

i tried the ipconfig/new advice to try and obtain an ip but I got no message telling me that it had been found.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks.

Wicked_and_Crazy
08-04-2008, 01:08
You need to change the mac address that is registered to you set top box. Currently it will be the laptop and needs to be the other pc

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

start your browser and go to the webpage start.ntl and it will take you to a reg screen where you are asked questions and register the new ethernet NIC. Two pieces of information you will need are your PID - you used this to initially register, and your password - you were given this or set it up during registration.

shockleader
08-04-2008, 07:48
start.ntl must be an old link. - not available

Why did I not have to do this when i changed over to the laptop?