PDA

View Full Version : 20Meg broadband issue in Birmingham

jkcoy
07-04-2008, 22:03
Hi All,

I live in the Erdington area of Birmingham, and recently upgraded to the VIP package (including 20mbit broadband). I had a lot of problems with the installation of the TV services but I'll save that story for another day.

My housemate and I noticed that the performance of our broadband connection hadn't improved from what was there prior to the upgrade (Broadband Size L). When we did some speed tests, we noticed that the maximum we were getting was 6mbit down and 600k up.

I phoned customer services and after being pushed from pillar to post for a good 40 minutes, I finally got to speak to someone who knew what they were on about. Apparently, they are awaiting a part to arrive and be installed in our area to allow for 20mbit broadband, and that they had no timescale on when this would take place.

So, the questions I have to put to the forum are these.... Why on earth would they so confidently sell me something which they knew they couldn't provide?? And secondly, what part are they going on about, and why don't they seem to bothered about getting it done swiftly??

Having spoken to CS several times since, it appears that I'm not entitled to a rebate until I get the 20mbit service so that they can calculate how much I'm owed..... that simply doesn't make sense to me!!!

Any help with my questions would be most appreciated!

Cheers folks!

J Coy

moaningmags
08-04-2008, 03:40
Having spoken to CS several times since, it appears that I'm not entitled to a rebate until I get the 20mbit service so that they can calculate how much I'm owed..... that simply doesn't make sense to me!!!

They can and should do this on a monthly basis or downgrade your broadband speed and price temporarily until they can give you 20meg.

As a side note which modem do you have? It may not be capable of 20meg.

HTH
Mags

chrome
08-04-2008, 03:54
I suggest you go to trading standards, offering something what they know they can't supply must be against the law