PDA

View Full Version : Airport Parking

lostandconfused
07-04-2008, 11:00
Hi all,

Am off on holiday at the end of may, flying from gatwick for 2 weeks.

Normally drive down on the day and use BCP, but this year the flight is quite early, need to be at the airport for 7 and its a good 2.5 hour drive, so was thinking about getting a hotel and go up the night before as a lot of them allow you to park in the hotel for the 2 weeks.

Was wondering if anyone knows any good places close by, or do you reckon its better just to drive up on the day? Its a 9hour flight so theres plenty of time to sleep on the plane.

Thanks in advance!

fireman328
07-04-2008, 11:17
I llive very close to the airport, try these for parking only or parking with overnight stay
http://www.bluedogparking.co.uk/

punky
07-04-2008, 11:30
We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn nearby and that included 17 days free gatwick parking and I think the price wasn't far off what you'd pay for for a night. It went pretty well. I think we organised it through www.holidayextras.co.uk

lostandconfused
07-04-2008, 11:31
thanks for that, thats a really handy sight, its about an extra £100.

Still cant make up my mind, whether my tight fistedness is stronger than my hatred of early mornings!

Charlie_Bubble
07-04-2008, 11:59
Personally, I'd wake up early to save £100. Think what you could spend this on during your hols! :)

Wicked_and_Crazy
07-04-2008, 12:09
We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn nearby and that included 17 days free gatwick parking and I think the price wasn't far off what you'd pay for for a night. It went pretty well. I think we organised it through www.holidayextras.co.uk (http://www.holidayextras.co.uk)

I use these too. If you look at Gatwick there is an "undercover" hotel where they dont tell you who it is until after its booked. Go for that one, its a good price, its certainly a good hotel (refurbed last year) and there is plenty of safe parking. You'll find you will pay less that the BCP and you'll get a room for the night.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Personally, I'd wake up early to save £100. Think what you could spend this on during your hols! :)

Think how annoyed you'd be if you got stuck in traffic or had a breakdown. At the end of the day youve still got to pay for parking and some of these hotels are charging around the £100 mark for a room a 2 weeks parking included

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

thanks for that, thats a really handy sight, its about an extra £100.

Still cant make up my mind, whether my tight fistedness is stronger than my hatred of early mornings!

How do you work that out?? They include 15 days parking

Nidge
08-04-2008, 14:16
Hi all,

Am off on holiday at the end of may, flying from gatwick for 2 weeks.

Normally drive down on the day and use BCP, but this year the flight is quite early, need to be at the airport for 7 and its a good 2.5 hour drive, so was thinking about getting a hotel and go up the night before as a lot of them allow you to park in the hotel for the 2 weeks.

Was wondering if anyone knows any good places close by, or do you reckon its better just to drive up on the day? Its a 9hour flight so theres plenty of time to sleep on the plane.

Thanks in advance!

My sister and her fella are flying from Gatwick next week, she's got a night in the hotel plus parking and transport to and from the airport all for £120. It saves them having to drive down there at 3am in the morning then having to park then make their way to the airport, £120 is nothing nowdays.