PDA

View Full Version : Cable working but internet browser not able to connect to internet

pitinicky
07-04-2008, 10:12
HI everybody

I got the package TV/telephone/internet last week and cannot make the internet working.
It seems that the cable works fine since TV/tel work fine and I think I can detect that my computer is connected so the modem works fine too.

the only proble is when I start internet explorer I get only a page with a message of error concerning the connection and cannot access any web page.

can you help me ?

Graham M
07-04-2008, 11:12
Have you phoned support?

spike7451
07-04-2008, 11:14
"start-run-Cmd-ping www.google.co.uk"
you should see loads of stuff but the important bit is
"Packets sent 4/Recieved 4/Lost nil"
(or something like that)
If you get:
"Packets sent 4/Recieved 0/Lost 4 (100%loss)"
Call VM as your router may not be activated,also see if the interactive works on the TV,If it does,then it's the router/modem.If not then it's the forward or return path & you need a engineer.

frogstamper
07-04-2008, 12:35
HI everybody

I got the package TV/telephone/internet last week and cannot make the internet working.
It seems that the cable works fine since TV/tel work fine and I think I can detect that my computer is connected so the modem works fine too.

the only proble is when I start internet explorer I get only a page with a message of error concerning the connection and cannot access any web page.

can you help me ?

This may seem obvious but it happened to me when I went from analogue to digital, like you everything worked, TV and Phone but not the Internet. I also had a connection from PC to modem but kept getting the cannot connect to Internet page, after much messing about and numerous phone calls it turned out that one branch of VM had not turned on my Internet, it was that simple, may well be worth a call to check, good luck.

Jonnymeg
07-04-2008, 14:57
Firstly you need to register before it will work. You should have had a book left for you to follow the instructions in.

If you fail to get the registration pages when starting IE then you need to make sure your PC is configured correctly to access the internet via it's ethernet port.

frogstamper
07-04-2008, 20:46
Firstly you need to register before it will work. You should have had a book left for you to follow the instructions in.

If you fail to get the registration pages when starting IE then you need to make sure your PC is configured correctly to access the internet via it's ethernet port.

The set up of my BB was a disaster in that I never received a booklet beforehand, which apparently I was supposed to, with my email password and some other password, I had to ring up for both of these for which VM apologised for saying that they should have been sent to me a week before installation Then as said above numerous phone calls trying to connect to the net after which it was discovered my connection had not been activated, the best part of a day to sort out. To be fair though VM did waive the first months BB bill.