PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio dropping out in Kingston, Surrey

bayard1music
06-04-2008, 12:47
Hello,

I've been using a Logik Internet Radio for a couple of months. Occasionally it drops out. (Listening on the PC doesn't suffer in the same way because it seems to have a larger buffer. ) First suspicions were it's a result of poor wifi from my router. I've recently started checking my line speed via various web page test sites and over the last few days using Dan Elwell's broaband test program via a hard wired (to my router) PC. When the radio drops out it appears to correlate with very poor download speeds and poor ping time responses. Modem is believed to be fine and Virgin have checked on site twice. Help via the Indian support centre is poor to date. They don't seem interested in resolving my issues. Comment or advice welcome.

bayard1music
06-04-2008, 18:47
I'm replying to my own thread here. I've run further tests today using th D.E's broadband test program . When my radio cuts out I'm seeing uk download speeds of less than 500Kb/s and to the states (I'm listening to a US jazz station) of only 180Kb/s. Clearly like many other posters here I'm suffering from poor speeds. Yet historically my connection has always appeared solid. Is this a clear case to take up with Virgin broadband? Or am I stuck like the rest?

piggy
06-04-2008, 22:29
you say it never drops on your pc so i would say your stuck