PDA

View Full Version : D/S U/S Lights Stopping and Disconnecting me.

Gazriv
05-04-2008, 20:06
Hi there.

Basically since yesterday afternoon I have had very poor internet connection, I'm talking im being disconnected every 30 seconds or so, the maximum length of time i've had online must be about 5 - 10 minutes without being disconnected.

The strange thing is, I can generally browse websites but I play a lot of online games and its disconnected me all the time and I have noticed that when it disconnected my D/S and U/S Lights are blank, no lights or no flashing. And when its connected they seem to be flashing or solid.

I'm using a Belkin N1 Wireless router as well as my NTL Modem. I've had this set up for well over a year and never had any problems.

Anyone know what this could be? Anyone got the same problems?

I am in the Norwich area. :td:

Edit: Okay so since i've posted this I've been disconnected 3 times. But its only for a few seconds and then I can reload the page fine.. That is not the point, When i'm online playing games and it freezes and disconnects me every few seconds it becomes terribly annoying.

I have not rang anyone yet, I thought I would check here first.

Motard
05-04-2008, 20:14
I am also getting a similar problem (Swindon area) since yesterday, I called Tech Support and he did some tests and decided it was the modem (Terayon) at fault and has arranged an engineer to come out next Saturday.
I am not convinced it is the modem, as when it is connected it runs at full speed, but then stops after 20-30 seconds then starts and then stops and so on. If it does not improve during the week I will see what the engineer has to say.

Gazriv
05-04-2008, 20:18
I am also getting a similar problem (Swindon area) since yesterday, I called Tech Support and he did some tests and decided it was the modem (Terayon) at fault and has arranged an engineer to come out next Saturday.
I am not convinced it is the modem, as when it is connected it runs at full speed, but then stops after 20-30 seconds then starts and then stops and so on. If it does not improve during the week I will see what the engineer has to say.

Yeah when mine is connected it runs at full speed aswell.

I cant see that its the modem either if we both have had the same problem since yesterday - Well lets hope it gets sorted soon, keep me updated!

CDB
05-04-2008, 20:26
I've had the orange flashing light alot on my Belkin N1 router since last night. North Yorks area.

Gazriv
05-04-2008, 21:02
Hmm yes thats what I'm getting

Motard
12-04-2008, 11:19
Gazriv, the engineer has just replaced my modem and now it is all OK again, I hope you get yours sorted.