PDA

View Full Version : NatWest & their fraud team

punky
03-04-2008, 12:28
I know banks get coated left, right and centre so for a change I thought i'd big-up the NatWest and their fraud team. :clap:

Had a phone call this morning saying there was some fraudulent activity on my account. I called my branch and there was. Put straight through to fraud team in the UK. Two international amounts (theiving Dutch toerags :p: ) were flagged and there were two transactions in Indonesia that were declined.

I told them the Dutch transactions were fraudulent and they cancelled the card. I don't have to contact the police and if the flagged pending Dutch transactions go through then they'll automatically issue a refund.

No phone wait times, clearly-understandable, UK-based, polite, helpful staff. I'm impressed :clap: I did have another fraud attempt (local as well) before and my money was refunded in a few days.

I recommend it :clap:

grandmaster
03-04-2008, 12:36
I had the same from First Direct.
They telephoned me to ask about some potential fraudulent purchases.
No messing about, I just confirmed my last two purchases and they did the rest.
A new card a few days later.

As tony the tiger would say "GGRREEAATT"

mentalis
03-04-2008, 12:55
I had a problem with Cahoot when a sizeable payment went out of my account (via debit card probably) which I didn't do.

Contacted them, they agreed it looked dodgy (it was an Internet/phone order) and they agreed to put the money back into my account.

I had to sign a document to say it I thought it was fraudulent. It took a little longer than if it had been credit card fraud, but there were no problems and they paid the money back + interest I should have accrued.

Banks do seem to be getting better at this.

tweetypie/8
03-04-2008, 14:55
I know banks get coated left, right and centre so for a change I thought i'd big-up the NatWest and their fraud team. :clap:

Had a phone call this morning saying there was some fraudulent activity on my account. I called my branch and there was. Put straight through to fraud team in the UK. Two international amounts (theiving Dutch toerags :p: ) were flagged and there were two transactions in Indonesia that were declined.

I told them the Dutch transactions were fraudulent and they cancelled the card. I don't have to contact the police and if the flagged pending Dutch transactions go through then they'll automatically issue a refund.

No phone wait times, clearly-understandable, UK-based, polite, helpful staff. I'm impressed :clap: I did have another fraud attempt (local as well) before and my money was refunded in a few days.

I recommend it :clap:

well handled gavin fair dues to them.:tu:

greencreeper
03-04-2008, 19:23
I posted about this before. Abbey stopped my card. Day one. Three phone calls - first one I was told that my card being declined was a one-off glitch; second one I was told of a known issue with Visa and it was now sorted; third one I was told that there was fraudulent activity on my account and because I had no phone number (complete *******s) they could only write to me to tell me that my card was stopped. What's the point of that?? Bloody Spaniards. Day two. Further call - to the fraud squad this time :rolleyes: Had to confirm that I still had the card, and confirm the last few transactions were valid. Was never an explanation, apology or compensation.

bopdude
03-04-2008, 19:27
Nice going Gavin, sorry GC :(

webcrawler2050
08-04-2008, 23:56
I had my Debit card stolen from my wallet - I rang lloyds as some one spent £160 on it - *waves fist* anywho put through to the Debit card disputes and within 24 they had canceled my card and refund the money and sent me a new card. Well done Lloyds - If only more banks are like this!