PDA

View Full Version : New news server

Lenx
02-04-2008, 11:21
Hi folks

saw the notification yesterday, in my usual news groups, to change to news.virginmedia.com from the old blueyonder server.

Changed newsreaders and everything seemed to go OK - newsgroups there, could download, but I can't seem to post anything. What have I missed, any thoughts? Or is it a slight hiatus as they bed in?

Len

cleshe
02-04-2008, 13:53
Hi folks

saw the notification yesterday, in my usual news groups, to change to news.virginmedia.com from the old blueyonder server.

Changed newsreaders and everything seemed to go OK - newsgroups there, could download, but I can't seem to post anything. What have I missed, any thoughts? Or is it a slight hiatus as they bed in?

Len

I've always been on that news server, though I did have to reregister two days ago.I can post ok.

v0id
02-04-2008, 14:16
Use text.news.virginmedia.com so your posts show up without delay

Lenx
02-04-2008, 14:53
I've always been on that news server, though I did have to reregister two days ago.I can post ok.

When you say 'reregister', could you elaborate on the process please.

TIA

Len

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Use text.news.virginmedia.com so your posts show up without delay

Thanks,

but I was wanting to post to binary groups - there are some things that are legal :D

Len

Lenx
02-04-2008, 17:26
Well,

all back up and running fine - I'm sure I didn't do anything to sort it - weird!:erm:

Hate it when I can't find a reason though.

Len

cleshe
02-04-2008, 19:11
When you say 'reregister', could you elaborate on the process please.

Len

Though news.virginmedia .com still showed in Outlook Express,Virginmedia.support.broadband .cable had disappeared, and no threads were downloading
. Clearing it all, and re-registering, or reinstalling both if you prefer that term, had the threads reappear, and I was again able to open them and indeed post to the newsgroup.