PDA

View Full Version : Virgin killing the planet

Gary L
01-04-2008, 19:10
They say to switch to paperless bills and you'll still pay £4.50 a month and help save the planet while you're at it. but they are killing the planet by sending paper marketing junk mail through millions of our letterboxes every few weeks.

joglynne
01-04-2008, 19:31
They say to switch to paperless bills and you'll still pay £4.50 a month and help save the planet while you're at it. but they are killing the planet by sending paper marketing junk mail through millions of our letterboxes every few weeks.

You could always register here (http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/).:)

Maggy
01-04-2008, 19:36
You could always register here (http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/).:)

And never ever sign up to be put on any mailing lists when ordering online or over the phone or through the mail.

joglynne
01-04-2008, 19:41
And never ever sign up to be put on any mailing lists when ordering online or over the phone or through the mail.

It really annoys me how they hide those little tick boxes away in corners and that it's always the ones where you have to opt out of automatic mailings that are the hardest to find. Takes big breath and calms down.:D

Stuart
01-04-2008, 19:41
They are no better or worse than many companies. You should see the amount of crap Sky send me despite me being registered with the Mail Preference Service.

mentalis
01-04-2008, 20:13
I hate the way companies have found a way round the MPS by not actually posting the mail to you but just getting the Royal Mail to push it through the letterbox when delivering the post.

chickendippers
01-04-2008, 20:53
There was uproar when Virgin Mobile didn't write a letter about services changes and instead sent a tree-friendly text message!

I agree that Sky send round loads of junk, that SkyMag is complete dross!

WHISTLED
01-04-2008, 22:20
They are no better or worse than many companies. You should see the amount of crap Sky send me despite me being registered with the Mail Preference Service. Ditto!