PDA

View Full Version : USB

Dex
29-03-2008, 16:23
I noticed the other day while cleaning the accumulated crap from the back of the Samsung box that there is a USB port!

Can this be used for connection to PC or is just for initial setup. if it can be used, what can I do with it?

Dex

Druchii
29-03-2008, 16:39
I noticed the other day while cleaning the accumulated crap from the back of the Samsung box that there is a USB port!

Can this be used for connection to PC or is just for initial setup. if it can be used, what can I do with it?

Dex
You can charge devices form it, that's it.

It's powered, but has no use. This is because Set Top Boxes are generic, and each company decides what is enabled and writes the software for it.

spike7451
31-03-2008, 16:44

Dex

Certain area "Platforms" (IE-Bromley Platform) use the STB's to provide BBand services instead of the SACM (Stand Alone Cable Modem)

Graham M
31-03-2008, 16:47
Certain area "Platforms" (IE-Bromley Platform) use the STB's to provide BBand services instead of the SACM (Stand Alone Cable Modem)

However the USB port isn't used for that as far as I'm aware.

BenMcr
31-03-2008, 16:54
Nope was the E-Net port (with a ethernet to USB adapter on the other end usually)