PDA

View Full Version : moving job lot

vaughanster
29-03-2008, 14:53
alright lads,,,,,, i've got t.v and internet in one room, the main sitting room, anyway i'm going to move everything into the front room, i've got a junction box? on the wall where cable used to be, but not been used for years, can i just unscrew cable from my sitting room and just screw it back into the box in other room ???? i i phoned up about moving to another room and was quoted 75 quid,??? but if the engineer arrives and sees box surely he'll just do the above , or is there another box that needs to be fitted??:confused::confused::confused:

LondonRoad
29-03-2008, 22:10
Try it and see. Do you get your BB through your STB?

If you've got a portable TV then move your cable, STB and screw it into the other junction box. If it works then £75 saved!!!;)

ntsmell
30-03-2008, 22:30
as its in your house you are perfectly entitled to check.
sometimes the splitter inside box only has a tv/data & fm connection, so open cover to check you are connecting the cable to correct one;)
if tv/data x2 ,connect stb to one , modem to the other

to test, just connect the stb to the tv/data & power up, if stb display shows ch number,, you have saved £75 my friend :)
ps make sure all connections are tight

vaughanster
31-03-2008, 16:56
thanks will try this when i've finished decorating? looking at splitter box it has got one cable going into splitter from junction box then one to v+ box and other to modem? total 3 ???does this make any sense??

spike7451
31-03-2008, 18:03
Yes,You have 1 input & 2 outputs.However it may be disconnected in the ETB (outside the house on the wall)