PDA

View Full Version : How Does Phone Message Work with Ansaphone?

FairyFairy
27-03-2008, 23:31
I was musing the other day wondering how the Virgin message service (sorry I can't remember what its called) work with an Ansaphone.

I had just got to grips with my new ansaphone and BT that if the phone was engaged the message went onto the BT message service and if I didn't answer the phone my ansaphone picked it up.

With Virgin I haven't sussed out how that works:dunce:

Stuart
27-03-2008, 23:41
The same way, I would have thought..

cybernetic_tiger
28-03-2008, 00:52
As said above, it works the same way as BT. The switch will be set-up with different feature codes and the mailbox is built on the platform.

You would have Divert on busy and divert on no reply set to 1571 (or just divert on busy so you can use your own machine). The switches also have the ability to change the number of rings to change the no reply interval.

HTH

BenMcr
28-03-2008, 01:14
Depends if you have the paid version or not

The free version has a fixed number of rings before it answers and AFAIK, you cant change the rules as to when it picks up

The paid version is more flexible

FairyFairy
28-03-2008, 08:55
Its the free version I have.

Thanks for your replies

Graham M
28-03-2008, 08:58
Then you can't tweak it to pick up after a certain number of rings

Kellargh
07-04-2008, 17:08
Yeah with free voicemail you don't have additional features like recording your own personal greeting, or extending the amount of rings. With free voicemail it's just an automated message. When someone calls you and gets no answer, the switch automatically diverts to your mailbox, and likewise if the line is busy - it diverts instantly to your mailbox.

FairyFairy
07-04-2008, 18:27
Thanks everyone

I found out the final answer today!!!

It is the same as BT!!!

If I am busy I get the call divert straight to Virgin Voice Mail .... if I don't answer the phone the message gets left on my cordless answer phone!