PDA

View Full Version : slow speeds

darkm
26-03-2008, 23:14
folks,

Just to let you know, here in belfast suffering from slow speeds. Im on 4 meg and Belfast is due for the upgrade to 10meg next month. I'm lucky at the minute to get 2meg's. Checked the modems config and everything seems fine. Either im being network shaped which i shouldnt as i have been at work till 9pm tonight and havent used my pc all day or something is up with the network. My connection is ethernet. Any thoughts?

cleshe
27-03-2008, 00:10
folks,

Just to let you know, here in belfast suffering from slow speeds. Im on 4 meg and Belfast is due for the upgrade to 10meg next month. I'm lucky at the minute to get 2meg's. Checked the modems config and everything seems fine. Either im being network shaped which i shouldnt as i have been at work till 9pm tonight and havent used my pc all day or something is up with the network. My connection is ethernet. Any thoughts?

What modem do you have?

darkm
27-03-2008, 00:17
vm branded 255, it generally has been fine but i think they have traffic shaped me or network issues or just preparing for the upgrade. i'm not sure

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

just done another speed test, seems my speeds have returned to normal. You have to wonder more than likely i was traffic shaped when my pc was not in use at all.

cleshe
27-03-2008, 00:37
vm branded 255, it generally has been fine but i think they have traffic shaped me or network issues or just preparing for the upgrade. i'm not sure

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

just done another speed test, seems my speeds have returned to normal. You have to wonder more than likely i was traffic shaped when my pc was not in use at all.

Sounds like a glitch. There were plenty of those around here on the run up to the update.I wouldn't worry too much unless it becomes a regular occurrence
A post on the newsgroup usually gets you a quick answer if you think you've been STM'd.