PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 14:20
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be released this week on the PS3. This gives us a taster on what the final GT5 will be like. There has been some added bonus content especially for PS3 users in Europe.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Features:
Play Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Online!: A first for the franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track.
Race 71 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue includes vehicles from Ferrari, Audi, Nissan and Mitsubishi.
Race on six stunningly realistic tracks: the Eiger Nordwand, the Daytona International Speedway, the London City Track , the Fuji Speedway, Suzuka and the High Speed Ring - and then race them in alternative layouts.
A new physics engine for a Gran Turismo game: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue delivers next-generation vehicle handling. True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, the physics engine in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car.
A new in-cockpit view: Provides a unique perspective for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue players and features a customised dashboard for each of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Real-time gauges and human animations accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle.
All-new and improved opponent AI: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue delivers a nail-biting and more strategic racing experience.
Access to Gran Turismo TV: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue presents a clearinghouse of great motoring TV (video), programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) online through PlayStation Network.
Extend the real driving simulator: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is also compatible with the new DualShock 3 controller, which has vibration functionality.
Quick Tune facility: Allows Gran Turismo 5 Prologue players to adjust power, tires, suspension and more!
Stunning near-photorealistic next-gen visuals: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue runs in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps).Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Additional Features for Europe:
Drift Mode – The player’s drifting technique is measured based on drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course.
In Depth Car Tuning – Players have the ability to adjust the vehicle’s performance, including power, tyres, suspension and the ability for quick tuning whilst racing.
Two-player Split Screen Racing – Allows players to race head-to-head offline.
New Race Events – Online racing fans can join in on a new set of scheduled events and time trials.I can also confirm that players will also be able to play in the winning Ferrari F1 F2007 car.

Full List Of Cars:
Lexus IS F '07
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
Nissan GT-R Proto '05
Nissan GT-R '07
Honda Integra TYPE R '04
Honda NSX Type R '02
Acura NSX '91
Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
Suzuki Cappuccino '95
Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Suzuki Cervo SR '07
Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Ford GT '05
Ford Focus ST '06
Ford GT Tuned Car
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
BMW Z4 '03
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW 135tii '08
Mini Cooper-S '06
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari F430 '06
Ferrari 512BB '76
Ferrari F40 '92
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Renault Clio Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Jaguar XK Coupe '06
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
Lotus Elise Tuned Car
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
TVR Tamora '02
Art Morrison Corvette '60
Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07Any PS3 users on this forum pre-ordered it or planning to buy it at all?

Trailer (http://www.granturismoworld.com/default.aspx?langid=&infid=0)

-Edit-

Sorry mods this may need moving to the PS3 section. Apologies!

STONEISLAND
25-03-2008, 14:45
Looking forward to this very muchly!!

Uncle Peter
25-03-2008, 14:52
Some GT5P footage here with the G25 racing wheel in use. Don't try this at home kids (the racing boots and gloves that is).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-03-2008, 14:56
This is the game which tips the scales in favour of the ps3 over the xbox for me. Saving my pennies and hope to be getting one very soon.

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 15:04
If I could afford it right now. I would buy one of those chairs with the steering wheel and pedals, just for my living room.

Trouble is my wee boy would break it. He's obssesed with cars. He's only 4 and he's going to be upset that there are no Porsche's in the line up. On the other hand he loves Lambo's.

Nice footage Uncle Peter. Is that The Stig? :D:D:D

Also a shame they are not putting the Top Gear track in Prologue.

STONEISLAND
25-03-2008, 15:07
This is the game which tips the scales in favour of the ps3 over the xbox for me. Saving my pennies and hope to be getting one very soon.

Just do it you will not regret it.

Don’t forget you get a Blue ray DVD player for the same price.

We need to hold a CF tournament when it comes out.

Stephen
25-03-2008, 15:21
I'll be getting this. Not sure I'll be on it too often though. Still play my 360 more.

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 15:49
We need to hold a CF tournament when it comes out.

We will be able to do that when they introduce Private Racing in an update. I hope we don't have to wait that long for it. They are also planning to release Voice Chat at the same time as Private Racing. This will not be included in the game straight away.

Source (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185151)

I like how Sony though have given Europe more content than the Japanese. :tu: About time Sony gave us Europeans some TLC. :)

STONEISLAND
25-03-2008, 15:52
We will be able to do that when they introduce Private Racing in an update. I hope we don't have to wait that long for it. They are also planning to release Voice Chat at the same time as Private Racing. This will not be included in the game straight away.

Source (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185151)

I like how Sony though have given Europe more content than the Japanese. :tu: About time Sony gave us Europeans some TLC. :)

Makes a refreshing change

dilli-theclaw
25-03-2008, 15:56
<snippage>
Sorry mods this may need moving to the PS3 section. Apologies!Moved to Sony Games Systems for you :tu: :)

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 15:58
^^ Cheers ;)

Uncle Peter
25-03-2008, 16:13
It's a shame we've been kept waiting for so long for the full GT5 release but that's the nature of the beast that is Polyphony Digital I guess. They always seem to get more out of the Sony consoles than any other developer though. I'm holding out for the full release before investing in a PS3 tbh. Being able to use the G25 with this game is a massive selling point for sure.

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 16:19
Just been looking at the PS3 UK website and they have set out some details regarding Online play.

Here (http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item98146/GT5-Prologue-online-help/)

I would rather Polyphony take their time in releasing it as it will be a great game. I am also glad that Rockstar did the same for GTA IV. I am hoping though that people who have Prologue will be able to get the final release discounted and/or be able to keep all saved data from Prologue into the main game.

andyandy
25-03-2008, 17:43
Have a quick look at this

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-f2007-video/

This is what made me decide to go ahead and order it!

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 17:46

Quality matey, absolute quality!!! :)

shawty
25-03-2008, 18:57
Pre ordered this about 1 week ago for £17.99.

I really want the Logitech G25 wheel, but how do you justify paying £150+ on a 'toy'.

"it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine" - From Waynes World, lol.

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 19:21

I really want the Logitech G25 wheel, but how do you justify paying £150+ on a 'toy'.

Good man shawty, good man.

Aye the G25 is a bit expensive, there may be alternatives about for a better price, but will it be as good?

icestar2
25-03-2008, 19:53
Got mine on pre-order to. Really cant wait to give it a go. Looks amazing to say the least. Look forward to playing along with some of you :)

Please Turn Up On Time, Please Turn Up On Time !

Uncle Peter
25-03-2008, 20:02

I guess it's like paying a lot of money for a high end graphics card if you're a PC gamer. If you play a lot of driving games it really enhances the level of realism and enjoyment and being compatible with bot the PC and PS3 makes it a very attractive purchase if you can convince yourself that it's worth parting with the cash. There are/will be some great games on both platforms which support it: GTR2, GT Legends, Race, LFS, TOCA series etc

icestar2
25-03-2008, 20:06
Will you download Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, or will you buy the Blu-ray disc? Well, you may want to go to your local retail store and pick up the physical disc version. "Beyond the Apex" is a video documentary that's exclusively available on the Blu-ray disc. This is a behind-the-scenes feature, which talks to various folks involved with, and inspired by, the legendary driving simulation game.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/25/gt5-prologue-beyond-the-apex-only-available-on-blu-ray/

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 20:10
Apologies if people have seen this, but I just got an email from Logitech regarding this (http://newsletter2.logitech.com/logitech/general/2008/gaming/winter/gb_en/news.html)

andyandy
25-03-2008, 20:10

Quality matey, absolute quality!!! :)

Heres another one - not sure if you guys have seen this one either.
Bloody fantastic - cannot wait for this :)

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-ferrari-f40-video/

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 20:12
Heres another one - not sure if you guys have seen this one either.
Bloody fantastic - cannot wait for this :)

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-ferrari-f40-video/

Mate, you're a legend. 3 more days to wait.

Also, can anyone who's ever pre-ordered from Game, confirm that sometimes they deliver the game the day before? I am sure I have read/heard somewhere that it's been known to happen.

Apparently, GT5 Prologue has already hit 1 million pre-orders.

andyandy
25-03-2008, 20:18
Mate, you're a legend. 3 more days to wait.

Also, can anyone who's ever pre-ordered from Game, confirm that sometimes they deliver the game the day before? I am sure I have read/heard somewhere that it's been known to happen.

Apparently, GT5 Prologue has already hit 1 million pre-orders.

I dont use Game - normally use Play for my orders and pretty much always arrive the day before - sometimes 2 days;)

Cerberus
25-03-2008, 20:24
Gutted :(:(:(:(

-Edit-

More (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=34251) on the 1 million pre-orders. That makes it Platinum before it's even been released. :shocked:

Added to the fact that you can get Top Gear content is going to make this game the best game released. (Until GTA IV)

Stephen
25-03-2008, 21:14
I'm just going to pop to a shop on friday morning to pick up my copy.

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 11:55
My pre-order has been despatched today by Game. Added with guaranteed next day delivery, I should hopefuly have it tomorrow.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

icestar2
26-03-2008, 12:33
I have ordered with Shopto as I awlays get next day with them. No dispatch notice yet but that can dispatch anytime upto 5:30 so here's keeping my fingers crossed as they took payment today and said they were due the game in today.

STONEISLAND
26-03-2008, 12:37
Wont this be in the PS Store on thursday?

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 12:45
I have just read here (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103989) that GT5 Prologue could be the platform for a full game with updates constantly being downloaded.

Now considering that a full game retails with a mark up price of £39.99 - £49.99 then I think that the updates will be charged for and not free. If this is the case, then I will be disappointed.

Updates are made to the Playstation store every Thursday according to the UK Playstation 3 forums. You could well see this in the store for download tomorrow or tomorrow midnight. 1.9Gb (estimated), then there is always the chance that VM will STM you or play silly beggars and disconnect you via a fault. :D:D:D

icestar2
26-03-2008, 13:02

It will be in the PSN store tomorrow when the update is applied but there is extra content on the disc and you will also probably find it cheaper as the PSN store price is meant to be the full price of £24.99 but thats will have to be confirmed tomorrow. Plus I can see slow downloads with people all tryin to get the 1.9GB download at once - server crash ? lol

I have just read here (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103989) that GT5 Prologue could be the platform for a full game with updates constantly being downloaded.

Now considering that a full game retails with a mark up price of £39.99 - £49.99 then I think that the updates will be charged for and not free. If this is the case, then I will be disappointed.

I cant see it going this way. Possible because the Prologue is delivered this way but I still think we will see a full release on disc with possible updates ontop of that e.g. Car Pack's etc etc.

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 13:20
Nah, I wouldn't want that to happen. I would love to be able to download car packs, soundtracks, decal sets and little optional extra's.

There is also a rumour that car damage will be added eventually too. Now that would make a change.

icestar2
26-03-2008, 13:27
Nah, I wouldn't want that to happen. I would love to be able to download car packs, soundtracks, decal sets and little optional extra's.

There is also a rumour that car damage will be added eventually too. Now that would make a change.

I to would'nt like to see it delivered that way. I think it will be a full release on disc with extra download packs like they did with motostorm. I would probably buy some of the packs especially if they released new tracks etc etc.

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 13:32
Sorry, I should of been a tad clearer. Aye, I want to see a seperate full game with downloadable content available. I would also like tos ee some downloadable content for GT5P, like a few extra cars, soundtracks, challenges/races and decal sets.

Oh what the hell I am waffling now! :D

icestar2
26-03-2008, 13:38
Sorry, I should of been a tad clearer. Aye, I want to see a seperate full game with downloadable content available. I would also like tos ee some downloadable content for GT5P, like a few extra cars, soundtracks, challenges/races and decal sets.

Oh what the hell I am waffling now! :D

Lol I think its me confusing you. That is what I want. The full game released on disc with the option of extra's from the PSN store like new tracks and car packs here and there.

EDIT
I often confuse people with my poor grammer lol sorry :)

Lol am still confussing just read it back and I understand now you want DLC for GT5:P and for the Full game yes ? lol sorry.

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 13:41
:D

STONEISLAND
26-03-2008, 14:01
I was going to download it, but you recommend I should just go out and buy the disc?

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 14:05
I was going to download it, but you recommend I should just go out and buy the disc?

Yep for reasons stated above. I think as soon as it's released on the PS3 Store, there is going to be one massive surge to download it. Also, a little bonus content is available on the disc. Added to the fact that it's going to be cheaper if you buy it from the store as oppose to downloading it. Even more reasons to buy the disc I'd say! :tu:

Just had an email from Game.

GT5P has been despatched and sent by Royal Mail Guaranteed by 9am Next Day Delivery!!!! Looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow. Cannae wait.

There are places (so I've read on the UK PS3 forums) that are selling it now.

icestar2
26-03-2008, 16:01
Just got the TXT "Your order has been dispatched next day guaranteed" Looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow to :) :) :) Cant Wait !

Callumpy
26-03-2008, 16:31
Damn, i need to get a PS3 now :(

Games dont really interest me that much but id still have one and GT5 is probably the first game id get

STONEISLAND
26-03-2008, 18:01
Yep for reasons stated above. I think as soon as it's released on the PS3 Store, there is going to be one massive surge to download it. Also, a little bonus content is available on the disc. Added to the fact that it's going to be cheaper if you buy it from the store as oppose to downloading it. Even more reasons to buy the disc I'd say! :tu:

Just had an email from Game.

GT5P has been despatched and sent by Royal Mail Guaranteed by 9am Next Day Delivery!!!! Looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow. Cannae wait.

There are places (so I've read on the UK PS3 forums) that are selling it now.

Looks like they have sold out everywhere!!!

However you don't get the "Beyond the Apex" video that's on the Blu-ray disc version, but, I'd rather have a leaner, more convenient HDD-based version. At the end of the day, the content that matters is identical.

Its £24.99

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 18:07
If you're not bothered about the video then d/l it. I would recommend keeping an eye on the Playstation store later tomorrow. Also try and back it up if you can. £24.99 and 1.9Gb is a hell of a lot to lose should you ever have system issues with your PS3. Another good thing about installing it to HDD is the load times will be quicker as oppose to using the disc. I wonder if the option to install from disc to HDD will be available? :p:

STONEISLAND
26-03-2008, 19:07
If you're not bothered about the video then d/l it. I would recommend keeping an eye on the Playstation store later tomorrow. Also try and back it up if you can. £24.99 and 1.9Gb is a hell of a lot to lose should you ever have system issues with your PS3. Another good thing about installing it to HDD is the load times will be quicker as oppose to using the disc. I wonder if the option to install from disc to HDD will be available? :p:

Even if I lose it, it will still be in the PS Store history. :D

Just £7 more for some reason :confused::(

Cerberus
26-03-2008, 19:16
Even if I lose it, it will still be in the PS Store history. :D

Just £7 more for some reason :confused::(

Aye, it was originally going to cost £24.99, but a lot of stores decided to offer it on disc for £19.99.

Are you sure everywhere is sold out that you tried?

icestar2
26-03-2008, 19:34
I just like owning the disc of the big games. I always have. Usually this lets me sell it on to if I dont enjoy it but I dont see this hapening with GT5:P. Just like the look of a game on the shelf plus I dont really have the space on my HDD until I upgrade it as its always full with stuff.

STONEISLAND
26-03-2008, 19:44
Aye, it was originally going to cost £24.99, but a lot of stores decided to offer it on disc for £19.99.

Are you sure everywhere is sold out that you tried?

Sold out at play.com where I buy most my games. It would not come to me in time anyway.

Lucky I have 60gig PS3

icestar2
26-03-2008, 21:05
Sold out at play.com where I buy most my games. It would not come to me in time anyway.

Lucky I have 60gig PS3

I have the 60GB to lol but it still gets filled up.

Shopto are next day delivery. I almost always shop for games there now. Mine has been dispatched. If you order b4 5:30pm they dispatch for next day delivery so if you ordered tomorrow you should get it friday morning. Sent by recorded delivery to. Links below if your intrested m8.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS3GR01&n=Gran%20Turismo%205%20Prologue&p=PS3

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 02:05
First load up of GT5:Prolouge and you will need to install an update. Some updates fail and this is for a number of reasons. The update required allows you to play online.

More infor here (http://www.ps3addict.net/news/news/gt5-prologue-update-impossible-to-download.html).

When you all get the game, don't download the update at the first prompt, load the game up and then go into "GT:TV" it will then ask you to download it again, the download is more stable in there for some reason.

You can also try the following:

Even if an error occurs during the update, data downloaded up to the error is saved. Repeating the update will complete the download normally.

The update can be resumed as indicated below:

Select News in My Page after starting the game
Exit the game with the PS button, and restart the game.

Hope this will be of some help to those that get their pre-orders tomorrow/today actually (which is me in about 6 hours) or for those getting theirs downloaded tomorrow or on disc Friday.

If anything else develops then I will be sure to post.

By the way, anybody getting theirs tomorrw, maybe we can start a spoiler thread and title it with spoiler mentioned? ;)

Otherwise just keep your posts here without revealing too much for other folk who have to wait a further 24 hours to get it! :tu:

andyandy
27-03-2008, 08:05
Grrr. I know for a fact I aint getting mine today :mad:

Hopefully tomorrow Mr Postman, please!!

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 09:08
Grrr. I know for a fact I aint getting mine today :mad:

Hopefully tomorrow Mr Postman, please!!

Sorry to hear that mate. :(

I am waiting for mine to be delivered. It was sent Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am, except it's past 9am just now and I am not happy with Royal Mail. I am like a wean at Christmas. :D

andyandy
27-03-2008, 09:16
Sorry to hear that mate. :(

I am waiting for mine to be delivered. It was sent Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am, except it's past 9am just now and I am not happy with Royal Mail. I am like a wean at Christmas. :D

Doh - hope you have better luck than me.

I'd even arrange my diary to 'work' at home today!

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 11:21
Mine has just arrived. I got to say I am disappointed............ at why they took so long to release this game. The game is amazing, the grpahics are absolutley awesome and well, what else can I say?

Well done SCEE & Polyphony Digital.

The intro video is very good too, watch it before you start playing.

Now I am not going to create a spoiler thread or post any more detail on here regarding the game play and what's available etc.

What I will say is this. Once you start to load up the game, it asks you to install to the PS3 HDD. Do this (not that you have the option not to) and go and make yourself a cup of tea, because it does take a while. Once it has installed it will ask you to install an update. Decline to install and go straight away to watch the intro video.

Once you're past that it will go into the main menu screen and ask you to go to the Dealership to buy a car. Skip that and go straight into GT:TV and install the update from there. Any updates that are released will carry your credits (and possibly cars) but all other data is reset (replays etc..). Once the update is installed and it will take a while because loads of peeps will be downloading it, go straight into the game and enjoy.

I GUARANTEE you will not be disappointed at all. There have been some differences added from previous version of GT, but I am not going to say anymore.

Looks awesome on my 50" HD TV :tu: :D

dev
27-03-2008, 11:55
no sign of my copy in the post :(

STONEISLAND
27-03-2008, 12:22
I was expecting this to be in the PS store today?????? When will it be there? Tomorrow?

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 12:25
no sign of my copy in the post :(

Where did you pre-order it from? Did you not receive an email from your supplier stating that the game has been despatched and giving you a tracking number?

-Update-

40 Minutes gone and about 3/4 of the way through downloading the update. Patience is the key here. Remember some other European countries got theirs yesterday on official release and they will be hammering the Sony servers like no tomorrow, so bandwidth is going to be maxed out for a wee while. I think Sony may offer more servers for future updates, following updates to the PSN & Store which are due this afternoon.

I could recommend playing the game and downloading the update maybe in the wee small hours of the morning. Having said that, if GT5:P is released on the store today then the update servers may still be maxed. I guess patience is the key here.

@STONEISLAND - PS Store updates take place every Thrusday so it may be there today, but they may not make the download active until midnight tonight. As soon as I hear anything, I will be sure to post here to let you know.

icestar2
27-03-2008, 12:29
Well mine would of been here today except royal mail have not delivered anything here in my area for the second day in a run. Shame really as I was really looking forward to it. DAMNED Royal Mail.

andyandy
27-03-2008, 12:30
Mine has just arrived.

Not jealous at all.....:(

STONEISLAND
27-03-2008, 12:34
I did check the store this morning before work gutted as not there was going to leave it running all day so it would be done when I get home tonight.

There was no updates this morning which is a bit strange?

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 12:38
Updates to the store usually take place on Thursday afternoons between 2-5pm GMT.

I may create a sticky for future reference so CF users can see store updates.

Also UEFA Euro 2008 Demo is available after today's update.

STONEISLAND
27-03-2008, 12:44
Updates to the store usually take place on Thursday afternoons between 2-5pm GMT.

I may create a sticky for future reference so CF users can see store updates.

Also UEFA Euro 2008 Demo is available after today's update.

Great idea for a Sticky of what comes out on a weekly basis. MODs can we do this?

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 12:49
I will do it and get a MOD to sticky it if allowed.

-Edit-

Further update: Download of GT5:P Update failed at 90%. The Update servers are being totally hammered. Perseverance is the key here I think. :(

Also, I've read on various forums that the "Beyond The Apex" video which is meant to be on the disc is not actually on it!!! :shocked:

icestar2
27-03-2008, 13:53
Very late postman but its ARRIVED ! lol Will have a look at it soon and let you know how crap I am lol

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 14:22
Some of the events are quite tricky. I would recommend using medium traction control or cmpletely tuning it off on relatively easy courses (Daytona) and using lots of traction control on the slightly difficult courses (Suzuka). Use driving line for the first few races.

Might be wise to start a seperate thread regarding hints & tips? :)

I seen your name pop up on screen to let me know you signed in.

The only other issue I have found regarding this game, is changing the date & time settings within GT5. May be another update will fix this.

Enjoy! :tu:

keithwalton
27-03-2008, 14:24
Whats the difference between this and the jap version ? aside from the menu's being in english ...

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 14:32
Europeans have additional features, than the Japanese/US version:

From my original post:

Drift Mode – The player’s drifting technique is measured based on drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course.

In Depth Car Tuning – Players have the ability to adjust the vehicle’s performance, including power, tyres, suspension and the ability for quick tuning whilst racing.

Two-player Split Screen Racing – Allows players to race head-to-head offline.

New Race Events – Online racing fans can join in on a new set of scheduled events and time trials.

As well as more cars to toy around with! :)

dev
27-03-2008, 15:42
Where did you pre-order it from? Did you not receive an email from your supplier stating that the game has been despatched and giving you a tracking number?

-Update-

40 Minutes gone and about 3/4 of the way through downloading the update. Patience is the key here. Remember some other European countries got theirs yesterday on official release and they will be hammering the Sony servers like no tomorrow, so bandwidth is going to be maxed out for a wee while. I think Sony may offer more servers for future updates, following updates to the PSN & Store which are due this afternoon.

I could recommend playing the game and downloading the update maybe in the wee small hours of the morning. Having said that, if GT5:P is released on the store today then the update servers may still be maxed. I guess patience is the key here.

@STONEISLAND - PS Store updates take place every Thrusday so it may be there today, but they may not make the download active until midnight tonight. As soon as I hear anything, I will be sure to post here to let you know.

finally arrived at some point between that post and 2pm and no one told me! :mad:

around 35minutes since i put the disk and i'm just starting the gt5p update after installing it to the hd and updating ps3 to 2.20

icestar2
27-03-2008, 17:29
The game is 6GB when installed to the HDD. I was about 98% done on the update on my 5-6 try and the servers went down for maintenence lol just my luck.

As for the game itself its just amazing. I cant think of anything else to say. Its everybit as good as I was expecting infact I would go as far as saying its surpassed my expectations. To think that this is only a taster of the full game is mind blowing. The cars are beautifully rendered and the tracks look superb. Gotta say its hard being away from it . . . . . . ok am off for another game lol

STONEISLAND
27-03-2008, 17:32
Now I'm confused? I have just checked the store and nothing? Have I missed somthing here?

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 17:54
Store is currently going under updates, although it may be a later update due to the new GTA IV trailer (final part) being released later today.

Once the store has been updated, I will post here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/18/33630548-your-complete-playstation-store-download-list.html).

SPOILER ALERT: (kind of) :)
Thought i'd create a list for anyone having difficulty choosing their starting car on GT5, Enjoy. Alfa Romeo Brera
£31,400
FF
147bhp/6300rpm
133.08ft-lb/3800rpm
1280kg

Citroen C4
£31,900
FF
177bhp/7000rpm
151ft-lb/4750rpm

Ford Focus
£32,000
FF
221bhp/6000rpm
235.79ft-lb/4000rpm
1430kg

Honda Integra Type-R
£27,300
FF
216bhp/8000rpm
151ft-lb/7000rpm
1180kg

Mazda Rx-8
£28,980
FR
246bhp/8500rpm
159ft-lb/5500rpm
1310kg

Suzuki Swift
£16,300
FF
123bhp/6800rpm
109ft-lb/4800rpm
1060kg

VW Golf GTI '05
£32,750
FF
197bhp/5100rpm
206ft-lb/1800-4700rpm
1366kg

VW Golf GTI '01
£31,500
FF
147bhp/5700rpm
154ft-lb/1750-4600rpm
1280kg

icestar2
27-03-2008, 18:43
SPOILER ALERT: (kind of) :)
Honda Integra Type-R
£27,300
FF
216bhp/8000rpm
151ft-lb/7000rpm
1180kg

That Honda Integra is brilliant for the Class C races. I went with the Mazda Atenza first which was not bad and got me through the first races well but once I picked up the Honda everything just got alot easier. I went for looks at first lol There both nice looking cars to. Gotta save up for the Audi R8 or a Austin-Martin DB9 ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! lol Beautiful Cars.

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 18:57
Yeah I got the Atenza first, good cheap we car that leaves you with plenty of credits left over. Bought a Swift SSport, Suzuki Cappucino and I am now doing a few races to get the Alfa T1. Only need to finish 2 more races on Class C then I can move on. :tu:

Need that Cappucino to move it's backside and beat a lap time of 1m 39secs to win Gold. Grabbed Silver with it, but it understeers like a don't know what! :p:

After the Alfa, I am getting the Integra.

dev
27-03-2008, 19:14
i'm currently attempting to update it, first time failed as the servers went down for maintenance ><

done a couple of races in my orange ford asbo as clarkson calls it :p the in car view is superb as are the rendering of the other cars / environment

Slyder
27-03-2008, 19:19
I cant believe a demo gets so much hype (enough for people to actually pay for it ):shocked:

icestar2
27-03-2008, 19:28
I got the Update now finally.

Cerberus Did you sort out the time problem with it ? If not this is what I did might help you or anyone else stuck with it.

The games goes off your system time setting so go to your time setting's and just click update via internet and it will update your time. You should turn your daylight saving to standard to first. Mine works fine now since doing that.

Hope it made sense lol.

dev
27-03-2008, 19:32
for the update failing, i read somewhere it is supposed to resume from where it failed yet the progress bar starts at 0 for me, is it actually resuming or not?

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 19:35
for the update failing, i read somewhere it is supposed to resume from where it failed yet the progress bar starts at 0 for me, is it actually resuming or not?

Mine resumed. If the update fails then quit the game go back to your main PS3 XMB then start the game again. Go back into GT:TV and it should resume from where it left off. GT5:P servers are currently offline for further updates and maintenance.

I cant believe a demo gets so much hype (enough for people to actually pay for it ):shocked:

TBH & IMO it's more than just a demo. This game has been delayed for over a year and further still with the final release due next year. This is one of the games that was announced when the PS3 arrived on these shores. GT5:P as well as GTA IV were the 2 most eagerly awaited games on the PS3, due to the fact that it will make the most of what the PS3 has to offer. They weren't wrong! :tu:

STONEISLAND
27-03-2008, 19:37

Dude its £20 hardly breaks the banks for us PS3 owners. Plus you do get a lot for your money.

dev
27-03-2008, 19:44
Mine resumed. If the update fails then quit the game go back to your main PS3 XMB then start the game again. Go back into GT:TV and it should resume from where it left off. GT5:P servers are currently offline for further updates and maintenance.

so the progress bar should go to where it failed?

icestar2
27-03-2008, 19:48
so the progress bar should go to where it failed?

Mine didnt however after getting to 90+% it failed. After the server came back on and I did it again it was almost instant so my guess is it does resume but does not tell you its resumming. Hope that helped.

dev
27-03-2008, 19:52
guess it is then as it does appear to be increased the progress bar quicker

update: finally got the update and it didnt take as long as when it was failing so i assume it did actually resume :tu:

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 20:04
Icestar - That tip did the trick. The time settings on my PS3 were way off. Date was fine though.

Cheers for that, it did cross my mind to check, but I thought it was more to do with GT5 more than anything else. I also automatically assumed my PS3's time would be sound as, obviously not.

Ta again! :tu:

icestar2
27-03-2008, 21:32
Icestar - That tip did the trick. The time settings on my PS3 were way off. Date was fine though.

Cheers for that, it did cross my mind to check, but I thought it was more to do with GT5 more than anything else. I also automatically assumed my PS3's time would be sound as, obviously not.

Ta again! :tu:

No probs m8. I thought mine was ok to. Had set it when I got system. Think maybe one of the firmware updates may of changed it maybe. Anyway glad you got it sorted :)

Cerberus
27-03-2008, 22:44
New GTA IV trailer released on PSN. See relevant thread. :tu:

By the way Sony's forums have been gubbed proper tonight. Frequent crashes, the full monty.

All the noobies asking about GT5:P and spamming different sections of the forums. Only if they had the admin/mods we had, none of that would of happened. :p:

STONEISLAND
28-03-2008, 07:51
Well can you imagine my disappointment to wake and not see it in the store!!!!!!! :mad:

Can someone tell me when its in so I can get the wife to download it for me whiles I'm at work. ;)

Or I may just buy it from Blockbusters, PS Store will lose my cash again. :(

Clevett10
28-03-2008, 08:16
Wow! i was totally unaware of the F1 cars being on!?

that is stunning Graphics, currently playing burnout Paradise but after seeing that (found it in a better quality on IGN.com) it makes its look like mario kart on the nez :p

Getting my PS3 in May just been waiting for this to come out and MGS 4.

Cerberus
28-03-2008, 09:26
Well can you imagine my disappointment to wake and not see it in the store!!!!!!! :mad:

Can someone tell me when its in so I can get the wife to download it for me whiles I'm at work. ;)

Or I may just buy it from Blockbusters, PS Store will lose my cash again. :(

There will be an official announcement tomorrow by SCEE regarding the delayed download of GT5:P from the Playstation store. I would recommend buying it from a retailer.

southwell
28-03-2008, 10:12
Picked up my copy at Asda this morning :D Only 6 hours of work to go!

Cerberus
28-03-2008, 10:31
The store is apparently being updated now.

STONEISLAND
28-03-2008, 11:03
There will be an official announcement tomorrow by SCEE regarding the delayed download of GT5:P from the Playstation store. I would recommend buying it from a retailer.
Picked it up from Sainsbury’s this morning. PS store has lost my custom due to the delay. I’m sure they have lost a lot from the delay

Cerberus
28-03-2008, 11:18
Aye, but you have saved yourself a few quid by buying it on BD and not paying £24.99 via the Playstation Store. :tu:

southwell
28-03-2008, 11:22
Aye, but you have saved yourself a few quid by buying it on BD and not paying £24.99 via the Playstation Store. :tu:
Aye, in my opinion they should be offering an incentive to buy something from the PS store. Why would i want to pay £25 then not be able to sell it if i wanted (which i wouldn't ;)) especially as it's under £20 in Asda.

STONEISLAND
28-03-2008, 11:24

I paid £24.97 :erm: :blush:

Cerberus
28-03-2008, 11:29
I paid £24.97 :erm: :blush:

You got bumped matey!

Some Blockbuster stores are selling it for £17.99 and some Game, Gamestation and Woolies stores for £19.99.

andyandy
28-03-2008, 14:12
Yes! Mines arrived - just popped back home and its sitting on the doormat :D

Uncle Peter
28-03-2008, 14:20
How's the online play for lag, matchmaking, fluidity etc?

Cerberus
28-03-2008, 14:30
How's the online play for lag, matchmaking, fluidity etc?

I haven't tried it online yet. Been trying to build up credits to get a decent car to race online, so I couldn't possibly comment. I may have a wee shot later. Don't know about any other PS3 users on here, if they've played it online.

Bluffdemon
28-03-2008, 16:05
I had a couple of races online today very good indeed alot of fun and easy to get straight into the action never noticed any lag at the time ! will be having some more of this later need a thrash on guitar hero 3 first to warm up lol

andyandy
28-03-2008, 16:17
Ive had a couple of quick goes online and it is very good.

Only seen one slight bit of lag - this was when a car spun and it was jumping all over the place.

Otherwise its fantastic!

Stephen
28-03-2008, 16:40
Just got home with my copy and am installing it just now. Got it from Zavvi was £25 but I get 10% off.

Cerberus
28-03-2008, 17:13
I just had two races online. Quite funny really. You can clip your opponents car and watch them spin out of control, whilst you're busy laughing overtaking/beating the rest of the field.

No lag that I have noticed. It's fun and fast paced. A joy to play online and you win credits, which tbh I didn't expect.

Off to do some more racing and get me a Ford GT. :D

Only 30,000 credits off getting one.

Lotus Elise rocks too. :tu:

Stephen
28-03-2008, 23:05
Had a short play so far and its really good, quiet a lot to do actually.

Tried 1 online game and there seemed to be a small amount of lag in the game I was in.

Graphics are pretty good but I have noticed a few dodgy moments. A few of the in car views seem to have not very good textures and I thought that the London track looked a lot more low res than some of the other tracks. Its like they took the PS2 version and just upped the detail a bit where as some of the other tracks have clearly been built from scratch.

icestar2
30-03-2008, 16:32
Done all the C and B class races. Now things are getting a bit harder in A. I say I did C + B but I did get silver in 2 C races and in 2 B races. Won first A Class with Gold but need a better car with better handling I think.

Any1 else on the A class ? can you recommend a good car to use now. I used the Nissan GT-R for the first race and its fast but its not so good for the twist and turns as it can easy spin out of control.

Also whats with people just trying to ram you off the track online ? It's so sad. People are to busy playing bumper cares lol.

Here's some info on the car damage possibly comming soon. Maybe in an update or maybe in the full release.

When you hear the word "soon" from Polyphony Digital, you have to interpret it as "in a year, or our next game" at the very least. Anyway, Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi said they've been in talks with automobile manufacturers (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=128714) who initially "hated the idea of deformation, now they're slowly coming around to it ... We've still got a few to convince, but we will. Expect deformation in the very near future: very, very soon." Sounds almost too good to be true!

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/29/gran-turismo-to-feature-vehicle-deformation-soon/

Cerberus
30-03-2008, 17:07
Done all the C and B class races. Now things are getting a bit harder in A. I say I did C + B but I did get silver in 2 C races and in 2 B races. Won first A Class with Gold but need a better car with better handling I think.

Any1 else on the A class ? can you recommend a good car to use now. I used the Nissan GT-R for the first race and its fast but its not so good for the twist and turns as it can easy spin out of control.

Also whats with people just trying to ram you off the track online ? It's so sad. People are to busy playing bumper cares lol.

There are going to be races where you will get penalties for crashing into people online. Some idiot did it to me whilst I was in first place. Let's say I wasn't too pleased and it's a good job voice chat wasn't enabled. I got my own back in the next race.

I am struggling with a couple of races on the B class. I just cannot get to grips with the London track. The Nissan GT-R is a great car to use. Yes it has masses of under and oversteer, but used correctly it's not too hard to control it.

icestar2
30-03-2008, 17:14
I am struggling with a couple of races on the B class. I just cannot get to grips with the London track. The Nissan GT-R is a great car to use. Yes it has masses of under and oversteer, but used correctly it's not too hard to control it.

The london Track I found really easy lol what car are you using on it ? I think I used the Honda Integra. Just brake early take the hard corners slowly and hit the gas on the way out. I can understand how it can seem hard and it has some really nasty turns but I found that one really easy. As I say m8 if you havent already give the Honda a go on it. Seems to eat that track up TBH.

Cerberus
30-03-2008, 17:24
Funnily enough, the Honda Integra, I haven't used on that track. I've just used the Nissan GTR and it just doesn't like it. Yet it loves the Suzuka circuit which imo has a few more difficult twist and turns.

Will try the honda and let you know how I get on! :tu:

Stephen
30-03-2008, 17:54

Here's some info on the car damage possibly comming soon. Maybe in an update or maybe in the full release.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/29/gran-turismo-to-feature-vehicle-deformation-soon/ I really don't understand Sony saying some manufacturers don't like the idea of car damage, PGR to name but one has licenced cars that you can damage for years.

I am on Class B and there are a few from C and B that I can only get silver on, namely a couple of the timed laps and passing all cars on one lap.

Cerberus
30-03-2008, 18:21
I am on Class B and there are a few from C and B that I can only get silver on, namely a couple of the timed laps and passing all cars on one lap.

The idea is, so I am lead to belive is that you complete all classes (doesn't matter if you get the odd bronze/silver) and that unlocks a quick tune feature, which will allow you to tune up a car. Then you go back and change the bronze/silver into gold.

I'm not 100% about this, but I am going off what I have read and been told, so dinnae blame me if it's no true. :tu:

Stephen
30-03-2008, 19:42
The idea is, so I am lead to belive is that you complete all classes (doesn't matter if you get the odd bronze/silver) and that unlocks a quick tune feature, which will allow you to tune up a car. Then you go back and change the bronze/silver into gold.

I'm not 100% about this, but I am going off what I have read and been told, so dinnae blame me if it's no true. :tu:
From what I understand is you complete, A,B and C and that unlocks S class which is the tuning class. You can't tune in any other class still.

I think they seem to have made a couple of the challenges a bit too challenging!

icestar2
30-03-2008, 19:59
I really don't understand Sony saying some manufacturers don't like the idea of car damage, PGR to name but one has licenced cars that you can damage for years.

The problem is that GT is using alot of cars and they are all official cars so they have to get the damage licence for them all. It would be a bit silly if you could damage some cars but not others. At least thats my thinking.

Cerberus
30-03-2008, 20:34
From what I understand is you complete, A,B and C and that unlocks S class which is the tuning class. You can't tune in any other class still.

I think they seem to have made a couple of the challenges a bit too challenging!

Cheers for that! :tu:

I like it that it's a wee bit too challenging, doesn't make the game easy to complete and add that wee bit more competition to it.

For example. C Class - Race where you have to beat the lap times with the Cappucino. Tricky, but imo with a wee bit of effort, can be done. Also the Honda Integra race where the mini Cooper always wins. I have been 0.55 seconds away from it. Again, bit of effort and jobs a good un.

I am just concentrating on unlocking all classes just now, then tidy up the silvers and bronzes. :)

Stephen
30-03-2008, 21:28
The problem is that GT is using alot of cars and they are all official cars so they have to get the damage licence for them all. It would be a bit silly if you could damage some cars but not others. At least thats my thinking.
PGR has loads of cars also as does Forza, and they both have car damage. I think its more that Polyphony Digital(that make GT) aren't really fussed about car damaged, even though fans really want it. As its probably a lot of effort to create the car damage models.

Not only that but GT still uses all the same sound effects that were in the original GT1 on the PSone. You'd think they would have updated there sound files a bit by now.

Both mentioned games have cars by ferrari and Lamborgini and are damagable, so I don't see where Polyphony are coming from saying that there are car manufacturers not willing to allow damage.

Also GT is lacking Porsche cars and yet these other games feature them, I think there is some more to these being missing from GT.

Still its a decent enough game all the same. Although on 720p I find the game has a lot of jaggies, where as at 1080i they are not noticable.

icestar2
30-03-2008, 21:49
PGR has loads of cars also as does Forza, and they both have car damage. I think its more that Polyphony Digital(that make GT) aren't really fussed about car damaged, even though fans really want it. As its probably a lot of effort to create the car damage models.

Not only that but GT still uses all the same sound effects that were in the original GT1 on the PSone. You'd think they would have updated there sound files a bit by now.

Both mentioned games have cars by ferrari and Lamborgini and are damagable, so I don't see where Polyphony are coming from saying that there are car manufacturers not willing to allow damage.

Also GT is lacking Porsche cars and yet these other games feature them, I think there is some more to these being missing from GT.

Still its a decent enough game all the same. Although on 720p I find the game has a lot of jaggies, where as at 1080i they are not noticable.

But do they have all the cars that GT has ? If so then I can see your point but if not then it is possible that 1 -2 could be creating the problem.

Your right that the GT series didnt seem bothered about Damage but personally I aint to bothered about it either. I know thats personal preference though. If it does get the go ahead then it has to be done right as GT is a Driving Sim and we dont want burnout damage lol or Need for speed pro-street type crashes (Damn they are bad, Poorly Bad).

GT prides itself on having car realism e.g. handling/speed etc etc. I know for some not having the damage is annoying but I dont think its a majour problem as the GT series has always done well the way it is and why change something if its not broke ? Especially if the 1million just on pre-order's was correct for a game thats basically a demo to the full release.

As for missing porsche cars well dont forget as said this is only a taste of the full game. There are many many more cars that will be available once the full game is released. 60+ cars for a demo is bloody good TBH if you ask me.

I do see your point and I think its maybe a mix of both points rasied.

shawty
30-03-2008, 22:09

Porsche cars were in GT4 under the name of RUF, if my memory serves me right, RUF is a company that converts Porsches and make them 'better', Like AMG do with Mercedes.

http://www.rufautocentre.com/

Cerberus
30-03-2008, 22:51
Porsche cars were in GT4 under the name of RUF, if my memory serves me right, RUF is a company that converts Porsches and make them 'better', Like AMG do with Mercedes.

Yup you are correct indeed. Damage is apparenlty going to be added to cars in the final release. I am sure icestar2 posted a link earlier with regards to car damage. So it is something that is being worked on.

I remember in GT3 that in endurance races, you had to pit in to change tyres because of tyre damage and change the oil every so often. That's the only damage I have seen in any of the GT titles.

Right off for a game now. Going to try and conquer London.

Stephen
30-03-2008, 23:10
But do they have all the cars that GT has ? If so then I can see your point but if not then it is possible that 1 -2 could be creating the problem.

Your right that the GT series didnt seem bothered about Damage but personally I aint to bothered about it either. I know thats personal preference though. If it does get the go ahead then it has to be done right as GT is a Driving Sim and we dont want burnout damage lol or Need for speed pro-street type crashes (Damn they are bad, Poorly Bad).

GT prides itself on having car realism e.g. handling/speed etc etc. I know for some not having the damage is annoying but I dont think its a majour problem as the GT series has always done well the way it is and why change something if its not broke ? Especially if the 1million just on pre-order's was correct for a game thats basically a demo to the full release.

As for missing porsche cars well dont forget as said this is only a taste of the full game. There are many many more cars that will be available once the full game is released. 60+ cars for a demo is bloody good TBH if you ask me.

I do see your point and I think its maybe a mix of both points rasied.
From the car lists on all three games I think they have almost the same roster of manufacturers.

I wouldn't actually say that GT5P is a demo. GT HD was a demo. To me a demo is something that maybe offers 1 or 2 levels or maybe 4-5 cars. Something on a small scale. GT5P is more like a scaled down full game. Offering 71 cars and 7 tracks is not a demo.

This is at least a full game of sorts.

The same was said of GT 4 Prologue. That I am sure had a lot less than GT5P

mouqeet
30-03-2008, 23:11
Try gettin turismo on ebay i heard it cheap on there

Uncle Peter
30-03-2008, 23:12

They do that yes but the actual RUF branded cars are built from the ground up on new, un-numbered Porsche chassis. Maybe the Porsche licence will be negotiated for the final game.

icestar2
30-03-2008, 23:24
From the car lists on all three games I think they have almost the same roster of manufacturers.

I wouldn't actually say that GT5P is a demo. GT HD was a demo. To me a demo is something that maybe offers 1 or 2 levels or maybe 4-5 cars. Something on a small scale. GT5P is more like a scaled down full game. Offering 71 cars and 7 tracks is not a demo.

This is at least a full game of sorts.

The same was said of GT 4 Prologue. That I am sure had a lot less than GT5P

Yeah fair point I do agree thats its far more than a demo I was just putting it in layman's terms.

For example. C Class - Race where you have to beat the lap times with the Cappucino. Tricky, but imo with a wee bit of effort, can be done. Also the Honda Integra race where the mini Cooper always wins. I have been 0.55 seconds away from it. Again, bit of effort and jobs a good un.

My fingers are bleeding almost but I have finally just got Gold on that one m8 just this minute lol. I must of played it 40-50 times lol but I finally beat the Mini Cooper right at the end comming just 0.14 ahead. I think the trick is you have to use the slipstream like the race description tells you. Flat out it was hitting 157 but when using the slip stream of the other cars around me I was hittin 165-168 :)

Cerberus
31-03-2008, 11:31
icestar - I smashed London up last night with a Honda Integra Type R '07, that made me clear B class with only one silver and one bronze on there. I started A class and wiped the floor with the Ferrari F430 '06 using the Nissan GT-R '07. I have now got gold on all the races of the Gran Turismo series in A class. I am going to complete the rest today.

Don't forget there are other events you can enter too. Look in the Dealership and you will see events whilst browsing cars from different manurfacturers. So even after the claasess are done, there is still plenty to do.

icestar2
31-03-2008, 15:50
I have done one of the dealership races but cant remember which one. I have all gold but 1 silver in C now. I have gold but 2 silver in B I think and I have 2 golds 2 silvers and a bronze in A still with around 5 races to play yet.

I stated using the Chevrolet Corvette Z07 on the A class and its been helping me out alot.

Glad to hear that you destroyed london with the Honda Integra. That car really just does eat the track up :)

STONEISLAND
31-03-2008, 15:59
I have done one of the dealership races but cant remember which one. I have all gold but 1 silver in C now. I have gold but 2 silver in B I think and I have 2 golds 2 silvers and a bronze in A still with around 5 races to play yet.

I stated using the Chevrolet Corvette Z07 on the A class and its been helping me out alot.

Glad to hear that you destroyed london with the Honda Integra. That car really just does eat the track up :)

Which part of the menu do you do the dealership class?

Stephen
31-03-2008, 16:51
Which part of the menu do you do the dealership class? You go into each dealership and next to the option for showroom there is a dealership event.

STONEISLAND
31-03-2008, 16:57
You go into each dealership and next to the option for showroom there is a dealership event.

I didn’t notice that, but will look out for it.

Thanks

Cerberus
31-03-2008, 18:28
Seriously, buy the Ferrari F430 '06. That car goes like there's no tomorrow. Good accelaration. The only downside is keeping control of it on tight corners.

Buying a Dodge Viper or Ford GT next. Was doing the 5 lap race all afternoon, the first race you get in A class. Earned loads of cash at 20,000 credits per race. Yes a bit boring, but needs must.

icestar2
31-03-2008, 18:45
Seriously, buy the Ferrari F430 '06. That car goes like there's no tomorrow. Good accelaration. The only downside is keeping control of it on tight corners.

Just bought that now lol. Aint tried it yet because I need to take a bit of a brake from it before My eyes melt out and my fingers become burnt lol.

Cerberus
31-03-2008, 20:06
By the way

The Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 is pants

:p:

icestar2
01-04-2008, 01:32
Ok am going nowere now in the A class. I cant use the fast cars. I have 1 of 2 problems. I either go to fast and spin-out or I go right but cant get the acceleration out of the corners. Am really not going anywere fast.

I have 2 gold 1 silver and 2 bronze and thats it I cant do any of the other races lol.

I got the Ferrari F430 '06 But am useless with it. I just cant control the car at all TBH. Cerberus you said the Ferrari F430 '06 was good didnt you ? What driving setting's are you using m8. I'll cry if I cant progress any further.

Cerberus
01-04-2008, 02:31
Ok am going nowere now in the A class. I cant use the fast cars. I have 1 of 2 problems. I either go to fast and spin-out or I go right but cant get the acceleration out of the corners. Am really not going anywere fast.

I have 2 gold 1 silver and 2 bronze and thats it I cant do any of the other races lol.

I got the Ferrari F430 '06 But am useless with it. I just cant control the car at all TBH. Cerberus you said the Ferrari F430 '06 was good didnt you ? What driving setting's are you using m8. I'll cry if I cant progress any further.

My advice:

Turning off all your driving aids is an absolute must. You should have them turned off anyway, traction control especially will slow your acceleration.

Also, slipstreaming is another absolute essential, in case you're not aware, you can tell you're in the slipstream of another car because the wind noise dies down and it goes earily quiet.

Slipstream for as long as you can behind each car before overtaking to try and gain as much momentum as possible, overtake quickly and then tuck in behind the next car immediately.

Will have a look at my full settings and post ehre tomorrow for ya!

BTW: Forget the Ferrari. Use the Ford GT '06. It's like poop of a stick! ;) I did the Gran Turismo Series final race on the Fuji Speedway and that's got some tricky corners and bends. It ate them up like no tomorrow.

It's late now, off to bed, been gaming too much tonight already! :D

Will post you my settings tomorrow, but turn off traction control! :tu:

icestar2
01-04-2008, 18:21
My advice:

Turning off all your driving aids is an absolute must. You should have them turned off anyway, traction control especially will slow your acceleration.

Also, slipstreaming is another absolute essential, in case you're not aware, you can tell you're in the slipstream of another car because the wind noise dies down and it goes earily quiet.

Slipstream for as long as you can behind each car before overtaking to try and gain as much momentum as possible, overtake quickly and then tuck in behind the next car immediately.

Will have a look at my full settings and post ehre tomorrow for ya!

BTW: Forget the Ferrari. Use the Ford GT '06. It's like poop of a stick! ;) I did the Gran Turismo Series final race on the Fuji Speedway and that's got some tricky corners and bends. It ate them up like no tomorrow.

It's late now, off to bed, been gaming too much tonight already! :D

Will post you my settings tomorrow, but turn off traction control! :tu:

Cheer's m8. I dont use the driving aids anyway. I will try some slipstreaming. Its just with the twisty tracks its not easy with the Ferrari. I will do a couple races again and buy the Ford GT. Gotta use the Ferrari on the 1 lap race so will have to try gettin used to handling it.

Damien
01-04-2008, 18:36
Can you use the cars you get, credits, licences etc on the real game when it arrives then

Cerberus
01-04-2008, 18:44
Nae bother. That one lap race with the Ferrari is a right pain in the jacksy. It's going to take me a while to do. I only have that race left. Stick with the Ford GT for the American Muscle Car and Gran Turismo race series. Get a NSX for the Japanese Series and don't bother with Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07, it's pants. Have patience with the Ferrari, like I said it's a right pain. Slipstream and cut the odd corner when you can and avoid the gravel and grass when cutting corners!

Let us know how you got on!

Also try using the Ferrari on the Daytona Road Course in Arcade mode. You can get used to handling it and practice cutting corners on the course etc... :tu:

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Can you use the cars you get, credits, licences etc on the real game when it arrives then

Possibly, but there is nothing concrete. I am not sure (memory is bad) whether or not you could do that with previous versions of Prologue.:confused:

Cerberus
02-04-2008, 16:19
Manufacturers races are a complete pain. This is what bugs me the most.

Inserted spoiler tags, just incase! ;)

Take a slight short cut - 5 second penalty.
Bang into another car whilst braking to take a corner or whilst braking - 5 second penalty.

Yet when another car 'accidentally' bangs into you - nae penalty! :mad:

Hows that realistic? Another slight downside to the game.

Oh and the Daihatsu one make event race is a total pain. I'd go quicker in a pair of roller skates. :D

Cerberus
02-04-2008, 19:42

Now this does contain a spoiler! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO!

You can quick tune in all classes once you have completed A,B & C classes. It unlocks S class, Quick Tune 9in any class) & The End Credits in GT:TV

If you've read it and have the game, then enjoy and keep working at it, if you haven't already! :)

icestar2
04-04-2008, 02:16
Well it looks like we may be getting the damage in GT5 and in GT5:P as a download.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/03/gran-turismo-5-prologue-to-get-downloadable-damage-this-fall/

How soon is "soon (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/29/gran-turismo-to-feature-vehicle-deformation-soon/)"? Well, sooner than we expected. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be getting a vehicular damage model, according to a new interview with IGN (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/864/864142p1.html). This long-awaited feature will be made available as a download and could be available as early as this fall. Polyphony's Yamauchi said that, "maybe by Fall we'll be able to implement it."

icestar2
04-04-2008, 10:25
Love the Ford GT omg what a car !!! Best I've used in the game by miles. Oh and the sound of it is just something else. Nice spot Cerberus m8. It like's to growl at you but it does the job like no other lol.

Just gotta do that Ferrari race now. I just cant get to grips with that car at all. Most i've got up2 is 8th place lol. I start doing well then spin out or take the corner to slow lol gonna have to work on them corners.

EDIT**

Just done the Ferrari Race. Only came third but was very close to the leading two. Couple better corners and I may have taken Gold. Thats A class done now. Guess its just Tune and cleanup now :)

Cerberus
04-04-2008, 13:36
Love the Ford GT omg what a car !!! Best I've used in the game by miles. Oh and the sound of it is just something else. Nice spot Cerberus m8. It like's to growl at you but it does the job like no other lol.

Just gotta do that Ferrari race now. I just cant get to grips with that car at all. Most i've got up2 is 8th place lol. I start doing well then spin out or take the corner to slow lol gonna have to work on them corners.

EDIT**

Just done the Ferrari Race. Only came third but was very close to the leading two. Couple better corners and I may have taken Gold. Thats A class done now. Guess its just Tune and cleanup now :)

Yup! It's a lovely car and the Ferrari when it's tuned up is nice too. More so the GT when tuned up is awesome. I have done most of the dealership races now. Going to get started on S class today.

On another note:

The European gaming community really, really loves Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. After a platinum pre-order (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/15/gran-turismo-5-prologue-pre-orders-reach-1-million-in-europe-alo/) and a stellar launch, the PS3 has been gaining quite a bit of traction. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/chart-track-hails-strong-q1-as-gt5-keeps-ps3-motoring), Chart-Track's Dorian Bloch said: "PlayStation 3 sales went up by 14 per cent for week 13, after going up 73 per cent the week before."

We're certain that we can expect a similar sales boom after the release of Metal Gear Solid 4 as well. In comparison, Chart-Track noted that "Xbox 360 sales were down by 11 per cent." The effects of Microsoft's price drop were strong, but looks like the power of GT overshadowed the efforts of Microsoft's bargain pricing.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Just a point to note. If you tune the Ferrari, make sure you alter the gear ratio for 5th gear. It hits 196 then a limiter kicks in and knocks the speed back down to 180. So you need to alter the gear ratio for that. Once I have a good setting for it. I will let folk know.

Also you cannot use tuned cars for the races that involve taking over the other 15 competitors. Bit of a pain I know, but that's making it too easy.

However, I am not sure if you can buy a pre tuned car from the Gran Turismo dealership and use that. I am working on getting 300,000 credits just now to try.

Cerberus
05-04-2008, 00:06
Get the Ford GT LM II Test car for S Class and a Mines car too.

Both of them stick to the road like adhesive.

The Ford GT LM II Test car isn't as fast as the normal Ford GT, but it sticks to the bends and doesn't lose any speed at all/

A request for the makers of GT5 too. How about players can make their own special soundtrack? I would be having Tiesto all the way. Listening to my iPod whilst playing this game with Southern Sun going is amazing. OK so it was a Paul Oakenfold tune, but Tiesto mixed it better. :tu: