PDA

View Full Version : Terayon TJ210 died

onasre
24-03-2008, 22:07
hello

this first post for me here , :)

i have just bought Terayon TJ210 from Ebay , but it seem the Modem not working , when i plug it i got Green light on all the ports but the test one is Orang .. nothing flashing just soild light , and the Modem Not detected by windows 98 or Xp .. the guy sold it for me said he is Sure it's working .. i want make sure that modem can be fixed befor return it .. see below the image to the lights i get when i plug it

AbyssUnderground
24-03-2008, 22:14
You bought it from eBay. Problem solved.

It is illegal to buy them from eBay since its not the sellers property to sell. You cannot use it on the Virgin network because it is not registered to you or your area. You have essentially purchased stolen goods and are attempting to use the Virgin services without a subscription.

This sort of discussion is not allowed on Cable Forum in any way, shape or form.

BeckyD
24-03-2008, 22:27
I'm afraid AbyssUnderground is absolutely correct. You will never get this modem to work as it was not authorised by VM and you could even get into trouble for attempting to use it. Do you even have a VM account? I can't see why anyone would buy a secondhand modem as VM provides one as part of the service.

I would suggest you try and get a refund from the seller, but I suspect they will be long gone with your money....

Hom3r
24-03-2008, 22:31
Plus even if you some how ever did get it working, it'll never go above 10Mb, (I had one, from NTL)

onasre
24-03-2008, 23:42
ididt know its illegal , why eevn they let them put them on ebay .. i contacted the seller to get my money back

mmm
24-03-2008, 23:59
The TJ210 was actually optionally purchased by customers back in 2001, for 150 quid I recall, in which case the above statements are incorrect. They are not compatible with QAM256 or 10Meg service so they are nothing more than bookends at the moment - but the Artesan 12V 1.2A PSU may have some value!

MovedGoalPosts
25-03-2008, 00:02
ebay don't police the stuff that is on there for sale. ebay are just after the seller advert fees. I hope you can get a refund, but I wouldn't hold your breath. As with everything it's buyer beware :(

The terms of service of cable state that customers should return their kit to Virgin, or it should be disposed of at a proper facility. They prevent resale, but people don't read the small print of their terms of service.

More to the point unless you are subscribed to cable services, and using the kit that is being supplied to you by Virgin Media, you are in breach of any terms of use and may be commiting crime by obtaining services without payment.

BeckyD
25-03-2008, 00:31
The TJ210 was actually optionally purchased by customers back in 2001, for 150 quid I recall, in which case the above statements are incorrect.

Ahh, now you mention it, I have a vague memory coming back to me. :D IIRC, the option was either to purchase, or pay a slightly higher rental with the modem included. I opted for the latter. Perhaps the eBay seller bought his/hers and didn't realise there would be any problem selling it on to someone else.

I did manage to get about 6/7Mb out of the old thing, so it could suit someone using a 4Mb or lower connection I guess. Though it's all moot as it's still useless to onasre.

onasre, I wish you luck getting a refund. I am still curious as to why you needed to buy one off eBay though.