PDA

View Full Version : fish finder

papa smurf
24-03-2008, 12:17
i'm thinking about buying a portable fish finder,any one ever used one if so do they work, i go on my holls to the Norfolk broads every summer and in 21 years we as a family have caught 3 fish and 2 eels, i think the fish go on Holiday the same time as we do, so its time for some high tech help, my sons go fishing localy with good results ,its just on holiday we cant find the fish.

handyman
24-03-2008, 12:20
I thought those sorts of finders where for sea fishing?

papa smurf
24-03-2008, 12:22
seen some on e bay for rivers and lakes for 0.6 m depth -100m

Taf
24-03-2008, 12:38
My mate has a couple, but was nagged into not using them as they are "unsporting".

bw41101
24-03-2008, 12:42
i'm thinking about buying a portable fish finder,any one ever used one if so do they work, i go on my holls to the Norfolk broads every summer and in 21 years we as a family have caught 3 fish and 2 eels, i think the fish go on Holiday the same time as we do, so its time for some high tech help, my sons go fishing localy with good results ,its just on holiday we cant find the fish.

Fishing on the Broads is not easiest of venues as they tend to get hammered. However, things to consider: :erm:

Main species - Bream. These fish are bottom feeders, so tackle must be set up accordingly.This means either legering (best) or float fishing (good if set around six inches over depth). :erm:

Absolutely loads ground bait. This can be combinations of: hempseed, sweetcorn, pellets chopped worms, maggots and bread, fished with a size 12 to a 16s barbless hook. Put loads in to start with and then feed little and often during the session.

Lastly somewhere quiet and secluded well away from noise and disturbance. In addition, Bream are creatures of habit and tend to patrol the same areas over and over again, I.e. if you catch them at 16:00 hours in a certain place, they'll be there around the same time the following day. ;)

Local knowledge can also be very useful. Speak to the local tackle dealers for information and don't forget your fishing license - it's a £1000+ fine if you're caught fishing without one. :shocked:

More information can also be found here: http://www.gofishing.co.uk/

Good luck.

papa smurf
24-03-2008, 19:38
My mate has a couple, but was nagged into not using them as they are "unsporting".

unsportings ok do they work ?:D

zing_deleted
24-03-2008, 20:04
dynamite is really unsporting lol

papa smurf
24-03-2008, 20:11
dynamite is really unsporting lol

thing is i want to go back next year ,and i dont think i'll be very popular if i nuke the place:D