PDA

View Full Version : HELP Please DNS Problems

willas00
23-03-2008, 19:19
I changed the nameservers on a .org domain last night and now I cant view the website to get it back up and running on its new name servers.

I've been informed my a number of people that the domain is viewable and someone mentioned to me it could be Virgin's DNS Server has not updated the DNS for it yet.

I cant dns the domain it comes up unable to resolve.

The website is www.angelfm.org

I've tried diffrent PCs on my network and asked other people on the stav.blueyonder line and they cant view the site.

Is there any thing I can do so i can get onto the site?

Can any one else tell me if your having the same problem.

Tech_Boy
23-03-2008, 19:56
I got
CRITICAL_ERROR:
Line : generic, class2.php

Error reported as: [6]: Unable to form a valid connection to mySQL. Please check that your e107_config.php contains the correct information.

When I clicked the link.

Jon T
23-03-2008, 19:56
I can connect to the site ok, but I get a MySQL/php error.

You should be aware before changing DNS names that any change can take up to 48 hours to fully propogate the entire internet.

Toto
23-03-2008, 19:58
I changed the nameservers on a .org domain last night and now I cant view the website to get it back up and running on its new name servers.

I've been informed my a number of people that the domain is viewable and someone mentioned to me it could be Virgin's DNS Server has not updated the DNS for it yet.

The website is www.angelfm.org (http://www.angelfm.org)

I've tried diffrent PCs on my network and asked other people on the stav.blueyonder line and they cant view the site.

No problem on ex ntl system

Server: cache1.ntli.net
Address: 194.168.4.100

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: angelfm.org
Address: 83.170.82.37
Aliases: www.angelfm.org

Your SQL server connection is shot though.

CRITICAL_ERROR:
Line : generic, class2.php

Error reported as: [6]: Unable to form a valid connection to mySQL. Please check that your e107_config.php contains the correct information.

willas00
23-03-2008, 20:12
Yea im aware there's a MySQL error as I havnt sorted the MySQL DB out yet.

Need to get onto the domain first only I cant.

I keep getting page cannot be displayed!

cleshe
23-03-2008, 20:29

The website is www.angelfm.org

displays ok for me, didn't try to log in though as it is really of no interest to me. I use opendns not the 194.168.4.100 ntl one though.
Just tried again on another computer using the ntl dns server:-it worked fine.
If you are still having problems, try opendns. It's a free download.

willas00
23-03-2008, 21:45
I still cant connect to it. Rebooted my Modem, Router and PC still nothing.

Went through to the site direct though my modem and still nothing attached the router still nothing.

I rang Virgin Up spoke to some guy who thinks he knows it all.

He told me to do a trace rout and i did and it says unable to resolve target so he said its not a Virgin Media problem.

However i explained to him Other people I know who are on the stav.blueyonder.co.uk line cant access it he said sorry nothing I can do without more information.

Any one got any suggestion? The hosting company told me it could be the DNS server has not updated the IP address yet.

chickendippers
23-03-2008, 22:00
Try switching to Open DNS: http://www.opendns.com/

DNS updates have always been very quick for me on the ex-ntl network. Being in the web hosting business I frequently find nameserver changes happen for me before the customer!

willas00
23-03-2008, 22:16
Try switching to Open DNS: http://www.opendns.com/

DNS updates have always been very quick for me on the ex-ntl network. Being in the web hosting business I frequently find nameserver changes happen for me before the customer!

changed the DNS servers and boom works!

nopcode
23-03-2008, 22:42
yup just read this and tried it, works fine on Open DNS on my setup. Not switched back to check otherwise tho.

willas00
24-03-2008, 00:17
Based on the fact if i use the OpenDNS servers i can view the site but nor can any one else (that i know of) view it on the stav.blueyonder.co.uk line.

I asked my friend who is also on the stav.blueyonder.co.uk line to do a tracert to angelfm.org and she got unable to resolve.

Therefore Virgin Refuse to help as they said its a PC problem.

But that would mean a few PCs having problems!

I've been told .org can take up to 24hrs to update on certain ISPs. I prosume if this is true stav.blueyonder.co.uk is taking up to 24hrs.

Any one confirm this at all?

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 23:48 ----------

and god said there would be light at the end of the tunnel well its been 24hrs since the namservers where updated and its working on Virgin's DNS Servers!