PDA

View Full Version : Dear Trevor Elliott ( MD CUSTOMER SERVICE )

arcamalpha2004
23-03-2008, 10:47
Hello Trevor, in response to your undated letter to me which arrived yesterday.

You claim that you have been recently making some improvements to the way you look after my bills.

Good on you Trev, but I should only receive one bill from VM, you see I only take Broadband from VM.

But lets carry on, you say that VM have noticed that I haven't been charged enough for my Telephone service, sorry Trev, but I was not aware that I had a Telephone Service from VM to pay for, I have that old fashioned copper wire telephone service that VM ridicule at every attempt, so lets carry on and see if VM can hear me optically.

You claim that the team have corrected the problem, again Trev I do not see that there was a problem to address, because I have BT as my telephone provider.

But the letter goes on, When your next bill arrives ( ah, good to see that you realise I should only get one bill, even if you dont know for which services ) take a look ( dont worry Trev I will ) and you'll see the correct cost.

The correct cost to me Trev is for Broadband only, because I have a Telephone account with BT.

And in ending, you say as this was our mistake, ( the mistake was sending this letter out Trev ) we wont ask you to pay the difference, we'll just make sure that we take the right amount from your next bill onwards.

Well Trev if you are to take the " Right amount " what was the point of the letter?

I understand that VM are desperate for customers, I am regularly bombarded with the propaganda material, but is this not over stepping the mark a bit?

Anyone else had a confusing letter from Trevor?

BenMcr
23-03-2008, 11:33
Unfortunately this is a standard letter that the Account Integrity Management (AIM) team are sending out

What it should have said, is 'we have noticed an error in the amount we are charging for your service and have corrected it'. It shouldn't have mentioned the telephone, or whether you were being under or overcharged (as the team identify and correct both) and I don't know why it does. Previous letters (if and when there have been) haven't mentioned which service it was for.

The reason the letter was sent is that previous account sweeps have been done with no notification barring the bill, which as you might imagine, was not popular. This was an attempt to give seperate notice. By the looks of it, some tweaking still needs to be done

What they are doing with these checks is making sure all accounts:
1) Are paying for the service they have and have the services they pay for, e.g paying for BB L but BB XL is provisioned on the modem or vice versa.
2) That discounts applied on an account are valid for the services. e.g. Customer has broadband only but is getting a TV discount.
3) Where appropriate, replacing legacy ex-ntl discounts with the current Virgin ones

arcamalpha2004
23-03-2008, 11:57
Ben, thanks for the reply.

Saying that some " Tweaking " needs to be done is missing the point, given that I only have BB with them, and also how many more of these phantom service letters have been sent out?

VM really do bring problems onto themselves by acting in this way.

Looks like its on the phone tuesday to find out what the hells going on.

Thanks anyway.

arcamalpha2004
26-03-2008, 11:15
Having contacted VM through e-mail it now appears that the letter I received referring to a telephone service was in fact about my broadband service.

Because of the incompetence of VM I suppose I expected nothing less.

Firstly some background from my part.

Last year I was having nightmare service on my 4mb broadband, it was no better than dial up.

So because they could not sort the issue I got onto retentions.

The guy I spoke to said he sympathised and offered a FREE upgrade to 20 mb.

I stated that if they could not give me the 4mb they were being paid for how could they give me the 20mb?

He stated that they could give the higher speed and that it would cost me no more.

Before I put the phone down I asked how long the offer was for, he stated 12 months, I would have to call again before the 12 months was up to speak to VM.

So since then the service has been fine, no issues from me.

Since I contacted VM about the " Telephone " letter I got this reply today.

"Thank you for your e-mail dated 23 March 2008 regarding your enquiry
into the letter received about your monthly service charges. I am sorry
that you have had cause to write to us about this.

Having checked your account I can confirm that the letter is correct.
On 17 September 2007 a discount was applied to your account for £12.00.
This was applied as a one month gesture, however this has continued
until March 2008, our audit team have noticed this error and removed the
discount. The correct monthly charge is now £37.00 for 20mb broadband.

This may not be the resolution you were hoping for, but can assure you
our information is now correct.

If you have further queries regarding this matter or any other issue,
please use the link provided below: "

I am puzzled to say the least, because as I said I was given this for 12 months and not the one month as they state.

This is my reply to that:

"Further to my enquiry about the letter received from virgin media about the change in charges to my account by virgin media and the subsequent reply from virgin media.
First of all the letter I received from you stipulated telephone service, stating that I was not paying enough, as I pointed out I do not have a telephone service from you, so the letter was wrong.
However, it now appears that in fact the letter should have referred to my broadband service.
Quote: "On 17 September 2007 a discount was applied to your account for £12.00.
discount. The correct monthly charge is now £37.00 for 20mb broadband"

The above was given to me following a call to virgin media retentions because I was experiencing problems with my at the time 4mb service.
I had told the retention member that I wanted to cancel because there was no way that I was going to pay the amount I was then paying for the poor speed I was experiencing.
He offered a 20mb FREE upgrade so I did not leave virgin media, ofcourse now you will say there is no record of this.
I asked how long the offer was for and he said 12 months, so this is in contrast to the one month you state.
I have no intention of paying £37 for the 20mb service because as I have said this was given to me FREE because of virgin medias inability to provide me with the correct and proper service I should have been getting with 4mb.
Any attempt by virgin media to take £37 from my account will lead to small claims court action to recover monies owed and also the cancellation of my account.
I trust the above will not be required because this mess will be sorted out.
Yours sincerely,"

How do VM get away with offering such sub standard service is beyond me.

BenMcr
26-03-2008, 12:06
Because you should have not been offered that upgrade it the first place. As I've said in another thread (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34/33629187-vm-reneging-ex-ntl-competitive-discounts.html) the £12 upgrade was only supposed to be give to customers who:

1) had other services
2) had an upgrade on one of those services (ie TV L to XL or Phone M to L or XL)

If neither of those conditions applied, the offer should not have been given.

However one of the billing systems (the ex-ntl standalone broadband one) would allow you to apply the discount without those conditions being met.

As part of the billing migration these accounts are being identified and the incorrrectly offered discount removed.

The discount did not recontract and could be removed at any point after 30 days if the official conditions ceased to be met (i.e someone downgraded TV XL to L etc)

In future all discounts offered by Virgin have strict rules built into them to specifically stop this sort of thing happening.

It was the agent that you spoke to that did it wrong, not VM themselves

arcamalpha2004
26-03-2008, 12:20
Ok Ben thanks for the feedback.

However, the point is that the discount was applied in response to the poor service I was getting, and with regard your comment about ex-NTL, when the discount was applied it was under VM, so why would the ability to apply an NTL discount be there in the first place when the company was " now VM "

My feelings are that VM cannot be trusted, and anyone who has been " Given a discount " should be very wary.

Thanks again ;)

Just to add, what are the odds that this person who applied the discount is still working for VM?

BenMcr
26-03-2008, 12:23
it was an ex-ntl billing system, that was designed and built for ntl.

The discount was a Virgin discount that ran from the start of Virgin in Feb 2007 to Dec 2007

The ex-ntl billing system is being fully discontinued by VM in May, but obviously they have still have to use it to bill for customers who have billing broadband on that system, so that is why the discount was on there.

If for instance, you were billed on the VM billing system, the agent would not have been allowed by that system to put the discount on the account, because the rules would not have been met

arcamalpha2004
26-03-2008, 12:31
it was an ex-ntl billing system, that was designed and built for ntl.

The discount was a Virgin discount that ran from the start of Virgin in Feb 2007 to Dec 2007

The ex-ntl billing system is being fully discontinued by VM in May, but obviously they have still have to use it to bill for customers who have billing broadband on that system, so that is why the discount was on there.

If for instance, you were billed on the VM billing system, the agent would not have been allowed by that system to put the discount on the account, because the rules would not have been met

I appreciate what you say Ben.
But as I have said, I was told then that it was for 12 months.
Now there is no way that I am being called a liar ( not aimed at you ) because that is what I was told at the time.
In my books a verbal agreement is an agreement, and if they want to renege on that then they had better think carefully.

beeman
26-03-2008, 22:54
As part of the billing migration these accounts are being identified and the incorrrectly offered discount removed.

The discount did not recontract and could be removed at any point after 30 days if the official conditions ceased to be met (i.e someone downgraded TV XL to L etc)

In future all discounts offered by Virgin have strict rules built into them to specifically stop this sort of thing happening.

It was the agent that you spoke to that did it wrong, not VM themselves

whether or not the agent had the authority to do this HE DID enter VM into a 12 month LEGALLY BINDING contract to offer this service, and so VM do have a legal obligation to continue this offer until September. However the onus is on the customer to PROVE he was offered this for 12 months. Though the (small claims) court dose tend to believe the customer over the company in these sort of claims (especially when backed up by the many thousands of customers who have had similar discounts ILLEGALLY removed.

BenMcr
27-03-2008, 01:07
Virgin have a legal right to withdraw any price at any time with 30 days notice.

If it is substatial change (as this was) then the customer has a legal right to cancel their service with no penalty

Secion J3 from T&Cs

If:
we and/or Virgin Media Payments increase our charges under this agreement;
we make significant changes to the services so the services you are entitled to receive in return for the charges you pay are significantly altered or reduced; or
we and/or Virgin Media Payments make significant changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement (including the other legal stuff),
you may cancel those services affected without penalty by giving us at least 30 days' notice in writing. If you cancel any services in these circumstances, the increased charges will not apply to those services during the 30 day notice period and paragraph J2 will not apply if you cancel before the end of the minimum period. If you do not give us notice of cancellation within 30 days of any increase in charges or changes to the services or this agreement being notified to you or, if later, receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges, we and Virgin Media Payments will assume that you have accepted the increase in charges and the changes to the services and this agreement and you will no longer be able to cancel your services under this paragraph.

whether or not the agent had the authority to do this HE DID enter VM into a 12 month LEGALLY BINDING contract to offer this service, and so VM do have a legal obligation to continue this offer until September. However the onus is on the customer to PROVE he was offered this for 12 months. Though the (small claims) court dose tend to believe the customer over the company in these sort of claims (especially when backed up by the many thousands of customers who have had similar discounts ILLEGALLY removed.

I agree that the resonable thing to do *might* have been to say, based on the circumstances surrounding the credit in the first place (and obviously each case in different), we can extend it to September.

But to take a company to the small claims court for breach of contract, would not have to prove you were out of pocket before/when you took them to court? I didn't think you could sue for future 'errors'

arcamalpha2004
27-03-2008, 22:03
Ben, I am going to be " out of pocket " paying for a service that VM gave me for 12 months, forget the argument that it was the agent that gave the discount, that agent was and in all likelyhood still is employed by VM.

So yes, between whenever VM decide to increase the price and when the offer was supposed to end I can claim for compensation, plus inconvenience and interest also.

The other side of the coin is Ben, VM have assumed that I want to keep the 20mb service by stating that the new payment will be £37 per month.

Anyone else who has been ripped off in this manner, I suggest they do the same.

Sorry Ben but in my eyes they have acted like snakes in the grass.

BenMcr
28-03-2008, 11:40
If you do not wish to keep the broadband at the price that it will now be you have two choices.

Either phone them up and see if they can give you a proper reduction based on the official price list, or close the account which would be actioned in 30 days time

I know it is a harsh choice, but the only way Virgin are going to move forward and improve their billing accuracy is get to point where all the incorrect prices are removed.

handyman
28-03-2008, 12:33
The problem Ben is that Virgin have offered a product (20meg broadband) over a contracted period (12 months) at a set rate (£37 less £12 Discount = £25).

I fully understand that there is a large amount of inconsistent and badly applied discounts but the thing to do in this instance would be to read the account history, contact the customer and have a system where a manager could login and apply the £12 discount making sure it ended in September as agreed.

What also should happen is that the customer should be contacted 1 month prior to that discount being retracted and offered to keep the service at £37 or downgrade back to the price point they were at. After all they customer only wanted 4mb service in the first place.

arcamalpha2004
28-03-2008, 13:36
The problem Ben is that Virgin have offered a product (20meg broadband) over a contracted period (12 months) at a set rate (£37 less £12 Discount = £25).

I fully understand that there is a large amount of inconsistent and badly applied discounts but the thing to do in this instance would be to read the account history, contact the customer and have a system where a manager could login and apply the £12 discount making sure it ended in September as agreed.

What also should happen is that the customer should be contacted 1 month prior to that discount being retracted and offered to keep the service at £37 or downgrade back to the price point they were at. After all they customer only wanted 4mb service in the first place.

Handyman thanks for that.

Virgin media cannot even get it right in the first place.

They said it was to do with my Telephone service, I do not have a Telephone Service with them, I am with BT.

They made out in the letter that a mistake was spotted, well it helps in the first place if the so called mistake relates to a bloody service I am getting.

Ben, VM are saying it was an incorrect discount, in my eyes, and certainly to my ears at the time it was 12 Months, why when I was seething with the PP speed on 4 meg I was getting would I agree to a £12 or one month reduction, around the time this happened it was well known for VM to give 12 months and that is what I heard from the agent.

The letter simply says that there is nothing to worry about that they will make sure in future I pay the correct payment, as Handyman says they have not even had the decency to do things right.

I am still awaiting a reply to my follow up email from them, I want this issue sorted to my satisfaction, not to the benefit of VM'S bank account.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

If you do not wish to keep the broadband at the price that it will now be you have two choices.

Either phone them up and see if they can give you a proper reduction based on the official price list, or close the account which would be actioned in 30 days time

I know it is a harsh choice, but the only way Virgin are going to move forward and improve their billing accuracy is get to point where all the incorrect prices are removed.

Ben it was " a proper reduction " in my eyes that I got last year.
Aswell as removing " so called incorrect " prices they should get their facts right in the first place, particularly when writing to customers about accounts they do not have.

As I have said before that agent would not have applied the discount if ( a ) VM did not approve of it or ( B ) if he would have said it was only for a month, because I would have told him to pull the plug on the account.

I appreciate people having loyalty to their employer, but VM really do take the proverbial.

Akia
29-03-2008, 01:27
As I have said before that agent would not have applied the discount if ( a ) VM did not approve of it or ( B ) if he would have said it was only for a month, because I would have told him to pull the plug on the account.

Do you wanna bet. All Customer Relations staff work on commision. Each disconnect or save counts. By him putting on that discount for you he will have got a 'save' meaning more commision for him. Hes not bothered about the after effects as its unlikey you'd go back to him so he dosn't have to deal with it. As the staff are targeted on their save rates and credit spend (how much credit they have to put on the account) he's benifited and some other poor staff member will have to clean up the mess and take a hit on thier credit spend or take a disconnection.

My advice. Ask to speak to only the person that made the offer to you. Make them take the hit and make them accountable and have to deal with you. Then once you've done that and they've resoved the problem and given you the deal that was promised don't leave it at that. Make a formal written complaint about the person and the fact of all the problems you've had since.

arcamalpha2004
29-03-2008, 07:03
Do you wanna bet. All Customer Relations staff work on commision. Each disconnect or save counts. By him putting on that discount for you he will have got a 'save' meaning more commision for him. Hes not bothered about the after effects as its unlikey you'd go back to him so he dosn't have to deal with it. As the staff are targeted on their save rates and credit spend (how much credit they have to put on the account) he's benifited and some other poor staff member will have to clean up the mess and take a hit on thier credit spend or take a disconnection.

My advice. Ask to speak to only the person that made the offer to you. Make them take the hit and make them accountable and have to deal with you. Then once you've done that and they've resoved the problem and given you the deal that was promised don't leave it at that. Make a formal written complaint about the person and the fact of all the problems you've had since.

Akia thanks for the reply.

I am aware that the agents work on a commision basis, but my whole point is that as far as I am concerned this discount was given with the blessing of VM.

VM as far as I see can now be taken up for breach of contract, which they will be if they do not contact me because their promised " within 48 hours " has lapsed.

I will want the matter escalated so I can then have ofcom take a look at the matter.

VM are cheating their customers if any more proof is needed take a look at the mobile phone fiasco.

Thanks again.

arcamalpha2004
30-03-2008, 14:13
Just had a telephone call from VM some half hour ago.

The lady I spoke with said she had checked the file and had found that a discount for 6 months had been applied in respect of the problems I was having, I said that last week I had a letter stating it was one month.

She said that if it had been 12 months then a new contract would have been required, that no 12 month discount would have been offered without a new contract.

I replied that at no point in our conversation was a new contract mentioned, and that the adviser had clearly said the discount was for 12 months.

So looks like its to ofcom to see if they can clear up the mess, because frankly I am not impressed with the constant different stories from VM.

Here is my reply to them I sent:

Sir/madam,
With regard the above complaint reference number and telephone call from virgin media today 30th march 2008.
The adviser informed me that checking through the file there was a 6 month discount placed on the account in respect of the broadband, and that if it had been a 12 month offer it would have required a new 12 month contract between myself and virgin media.
Firstly, the quote of six months seems to have changed from what I was initially told last week
quote : Thank you for your e-mail dated 23 March 2008 regarding your enquiry
into the letter received about your monthly service charges. I am sorry
that you have had cause to write to us about this.
Having checked your account I can confirm that the letter is correct.
On 17 September 2007 a discount was applied to your account for £12.00.
discount. The correct monthly charge is now £37.00 for 20mb broadband.
This may not be the resolution you were hoping for, but can assure you
our information is now correct.
If you have further queries regarding this matter or any other issue,
please use the link provided below:
www.virginmedia.com/contact (http://www.virginmedia.com/contact) end quote

As I have previously stated, I destinctly heard the adviser whom I was talking to at the time state 12 months, admittedly it was only towards the end of the conversation that I remembered to ask how long the offer was for, and he said 12 months, not one month or six months as it now seems, nor was there a new 12 month contract mentioned.
What I wanted was the offer I was given in the first place, which would mean that in september I am given the choice of keeping and paying for 20mb or downgrading to a cheaper speed.
Seeing as following todays call from virgin media that you are not willing to do that then I will now contact ofcom to lodge a formal complaint with them.
I would have preferred to have had this settled in a civil way but I am left with little choice now.
Yours sincerely,

Virgin media cannot be trusted, I will now contact ofcom because basically I've come to the end of the road with vm's complaint system, their words not mine, I asked for the complaint to be escalated, she informed me it had, so now its upto ofcom.

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 15:26
As I have said before, in another thread the next stage would be CISAS who are Virgin's nominated Alternative Dispute Resolution Service

Ofcom WILL direct you back to them. From their website (http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/isp/cancelled/formal/)

If you’ve gone through the company’s formal complaint process and your concerns still aren’t resolved, the next thing to try is the company’s Alternative Dispute Resolution (or ADR) scheme. The ADR scheme acts as an independent middleman between the company and the customer. If the company’s in the wrong, the ADR scheme can order the company to fix the problem and, if needed, pay compensation.

Ofcom does not investigate individual consumer complaints and we will not respond to you about your individual complaint. However, we monitor all consumer issues and may investigate a company if monitoring data reveals a particular problem. You can help us by filling in our consumer monitoring survey form.

Please note that this survey form is for monitoring purposes only and you should not expect Ofcom to address your individual case. Individual complaints should be raised with your provider first, then with its Alternative Dispute Resolution service if the issue has not been resolved.

You should find details of the company’s ADR scheme either on the back of your bill, or available from the company’s customer services staff.

There are here http://www.cisas.org.uk. However they will require Virgin to send you a deadlock letter before CISAS will take it on (or if 12 weeks have passed since you wrote to Virgin)

You should first of all let the company know that you have a problem with them. The company then has up to three months to try and settle that problem with you, or to issue you with a deadlock letter which will refer you to us. If you come to us before going to the company then we will be unable to handle your complaint and will refer you to the company.

If more than three months has passed since you told the company of your problem and you have still not had your complaint resolved to your satisfaction, you may then come direct to us.

arcamalpha2004
30-03-2008, 15:31
As I have said before, in another thread the next stage would be CISAS who are Virgin's nominated independent complaint resolution service

Ofcom WILL direct you back to them

There are here http://www.cisas.org.uk. However you will require Virgin to send you a deadlock letter before CISAS will take it on

Thankyou Ben, I have infact submitted my case to cisas.

With regard Deadlock letter, the person who rang me said there would be no deadlock letter, that I had escalated the issue as far as I could, I have explained all this to cisas, thanks again.

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 15:48
VM are cheating their customers if any more proof is needed take a look at the mobile phone fiasco.

What fiasco? Virgin are withdrawing the rolling over on the minutes and texts. They have given everyone ones months written notice of this. The contract is a 30 day one. Therefore anyone who wishes to, can cancel at any time.

It doesn't affect those customers who have taken the 100/100 with free phone offer which is a 12 month contract.

Seems all above board to me

arcamalpha2004
30-03-2008, 22:31
What fiasco? Virgin are withdrawing the rolling over on the minutes and texts. They have given everyone ones months written notice of this. The contract is a 30 day one. Therefore anyone who wishes to, can cancel at any time.

It doesn't affect those customers who have taken the 100/100 with free phone offer which is a 12 month contract.

Seems all above board to me

Ben with respect I think you take your loyalty to your employer too far at times.

They have given everyone one month written notice having told people through text, and that is where the main gripe is by the look at the comments regarding what I see as a fiasco, sorry if you do not agree with the word.

Akia
31-03-2008, 01:22
They can't win,

If they'd have send just a letter you'd have people complaining that they never recived it, (as i hear day in day out).

Sending a text and a letter I'd say is the best option all round. Text messages have delivery reports whereas snailmail dosn't at least via text they can check to make sure people have got it.

Mick
31-03-2008, 01:29
Sending a letter about a change of service is the best way, sending a text is not professional IMO. Virgin Mobile sending that text to me on Friday has cost them my custom.

Ooh and hmm - there appears to be a clash of topics here ... :erm:

arcamalpha2004
31-03-2008, 04:50
Sending a letter about a change of service is the best way, sending a text is not professional IMO. Virgin Mobile sending that text to me on Friday has cost them my custom.

Ooh and hmm - there appears to be a clash of topics here ... :erm:

Thanks for noticing Mick, pity Ben did not.

Hugh
31-03-2008, 11:13
Thanks for noticing Mick, pity Ben did not.
:erm: You raised the mobile phone topic in your post #16, where you stated "VM are cheating their customers if any more proof is needed take a look at the mobile phone fiasco".

Does that mean you can raise an off-topic point, but no one is allowed to rebut it? ;)

arcamalpha2004
31-03-2008, 15:57
:erm: You raised the mobile phone topic in your post #16, where you stated "VM are cheating their customers if any more proof is needed take a look at the mobile phone fiasco".

Does that mean you can raise an off-topic point, but no one is allowed to rebut it? ;)

It may have been off topic but is as far as I see relevant.

Now I've made my point and people have had a go back the mobile phone fiasco can be discussed elsewhere.

arcamalpha2004
02-04-2008, 15:01
Had a reply from consumer direct today that says that if I was told the deal was for 12 months I should expect them to honour the deal.

They advise contacting vm ( which I have done ) and make it clear I am claiming from them, asking vm to check the call recordings to find exactly what I was told.

They advise then contacting CISAS if vm is not able ( or willing ) to resolve this matter.

Now waiting for reply from CISAS.

BenMcr
02-04-2008, 19:01
They won't be any recordings of the conversation. Calls are only recorded for training purposes. They are not archived.

arcamalpha2004
02-04-2008, 21:40
They won't be any recordings of the conversation. Calls are only recorded for training purposes. They are not archived.

Convenient for vm hey ben?

Whether or not I am entitled to not be charged more during the 12 months I was promised.

Oddly enough just got one of those surveys from vm, needless to say I was not overly praising in my thoughts on how they have handled my complaint.

Every pound vm overcharge me between now and september will be claimed back through the small claims court plus compensation for undue stress and interest.

My advice to anyone thinking of taking vm do it on your own back, they cannot be trusted.

BenMcr
02-04-2008, 23:11
Convenient for vm hey ben?

Standard industry practice.

Every pound vm overcharge me between now and september will be claimed back through the small claims court plus compensation for undue stress and interest.

Which would come to a total of £90

(7 x 12) + 8% interest (which is the figure the courts use) = £90.72

Plus you will have to await the outcome of the CISAS investigation as per the court rules (http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex301.pdf)

Court rules require you to think about whether alternative dispute resolution is a better way to reach an agreement before going to court. If you refuse to consider this, you may not get your costs back, or the court may order you to pay the other party’s costs, even if you win the case.

The website to make a small claim is here http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/onlineservices/mcol/index.htm The Fee is £25 for anything below £300

arcamalpha2004
03-04-2008, 19:34
Standard industry practice.

Which would come to a total of £90

(7 x 12) + 8% interest (which is the figure the courts use) = £90.72

Plus you will have to await the outcome of the CISAS investigation as per the court rules (http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex301.pdf)

The website to make a small claim is here http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/onlineservices/mcol/index.htm The Fee is £25 for anything below £300

ben I am well aware of the procedure having previously taken someone through the small claims court.i am also aware of the amount vm have IMO frauded me out of but best to leave it at that for now,until the mediator looks at the matter.

Hating_waiting
05-04-2008, 16:59
I had my Virgin Media services installed a year ago. Broadband, television and phone line.
At the begining of February 2008, some builders cut through the cable that feeds my house causing me to lose all my services.
I informed Virgin Media of this the day it happened but as yet I am still waiting for my services to be reconnected. I have been without services now for over NINE WEEKS!!
I have so far called customer services 24 times. No one can tell me when the problem will be fixed as they say it is a construction issue, however, they have still sent me 6 install technicians that are powerless to help me as my services are installed already.
I have been given 5 different dates for when customer services 'think' it 'may' be fixed but so far it has not happened.
In the mean time I have been sent threatening bills, made up mostly of ADVANCE charges!
I have spent so much time, and money (mobile phone credit) trying to get some sort of answer and explination from these people. I have now started emailing them aswell. I sent my first email on the 30th March, and, despite being sent a reply saying they will look into my complaint and get back to me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. I have just sent my second email today, 5th April. So we will see what happens next!

Hate to Wait? Ha thats a laugh!

BenMcr
05-04-2008, 18:36
Not to be rude, but how does that post related to the rest of the topic?

arcamalpha2004
06-04-2008, 07:35
Not to be rude, but how does that post related to the rest of the topic?

Quite right Ben it could have been posted elsewhere but shows the frustration that people experience when dealing with the company that you work for Ben.

Why send install tecnicians for christs sake ben? they may aswell send beardy in, maybe then he will see the mess this company is in.

This company is still NTL in my books, what was needed was a clean sweep throughout the comapny when the vm brand came in.

" Hate to wait " I can see where the OP of that thread is coming from :erm:

BenMcr
06-04-2008, 14:33
Not saying what happened with that is right, but I am not discussing it unless it gets split into a seperate thread.

Not being accused of going Off Topic again ;)