PDA

View Full Version : Cable Modem Log

terryb
20-03-2008, 01:57
Hi guys,
Having read a lot of posts relating to this sort of thing. so im hoping youll be able to help.
Ive posted before about certain ports being blocked when i ran a personal server on vm broadband, i was unable to find out what caused it to the point of getting a bt line for the server.
having now looked in the log for the cable modem and discovered the following.
does anyone know what it means?

Time Not Established Error (4) ToD request sent- No Response received
Time Not Established Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Time Not Established Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Time Not Established Warning (5) DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

in addition to the above, im now only getting 3 meg download speed and im suppose to get 20. its 1am? how can that be?

moaningmags
20-03-2008, 02:21
The logs are fine, what would be worrying would be lots of T3 or T4 timeouts.

terryb
20-03-2008, 02:23
kewl, thanks. it does look very worrying when youve no idea what it all means lol
all i need now is for them to improve the speeds lol
fingers crossed lol

frogstamper
20-03-2008, 03:30
kewl, thanks. it does look very worrying when youve no idea what it all means lol
all i need now is for them to improve the speeds lol
fingers crossed lol

I'm glad every things OK terry, I too posted a thread this week under "cable log help" after I went into the modem report page. Like you when I saw it saying things like"critical" and "urgent" I became worried and posted a thread only to be told by some kind soul I needn't worry because I too didn't have any of these T4 OR 5 messages, I don't think I will be going back to that site again!! What is it they say? ignorance is bliss.:confused:

whydoIneedatech
21-03-2008, 10:50
The is no problem with that log, what happens is when your modem reboots every single update for that modem is downloaded at once even ones that do not apply.
Its amazing how many people see these and worry about whats in front of them, if the modem was faulty you would be able get into that log as it would be dead.