PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Internet

lavrentis
17-03-2008, 10:17
Hello I am on the ADSL Virgin Broadband and I m wondering whether there is a website which can tell me if I can get Cable Broadband. I have been impressed with the services I get now so I am considering an upgrade.

Also anyone living In Lincolnshire how do they experience Virgin Media Cable Broadband.

Kymmy
17-03-2008, 10:20
Go through the order procedure for cable internet on the VirginMedia website and it'll ask you for your postcode first of all, that'll tell you if you can get CABLE.

Apart from that the speeds tend to be a lottery depending on where you live, just do a search for Lincolnshire (or even your town/city) on this site and you should get some feedback. If not it normally means that no-one in that area is complaining.

Kymmy

lavrentis
17-03-2008, 10:24
Thanks for the advice, this is what I got of their website.

It looks like your home is in our analogue area. This means you can get some of our Virgin Media cable services including superfast broadband, over 35 TV channels and great value deals on your mobile or home phone.

This is really surprising becasue when I got my ADSL broadband back in November(I think) it said it wasn't availible in my area. Does this mean that I can get the 20MB Cable Broadband?

Thanks,

redhand
17-03-2008, 10:31
No unfortunately you cant get any cable services at the moment, only analogue.

Nemeth
17-03-2008, 10:42
No unfortunately you cant get any cable services at the moment, only analogue.
Are you sure? When I check a postcode I know is in a non-cable area it says it's in a non-cable area, allowing me to choose services that will be delivered down my BT phoneline. No mention of analogue area, superfast broadband or TV.

lavrentis
17-03-2008, 13:25
I think I might give them a ring, see what they say.

Ansems_keyblade
06-01-2009, 01:57
Is there any chance you could post what they have said?

Noggo
06-01-2009, 09:39
Ansems,

As post #6 of the thread is dated 17th March 2008 and Lavrentis hasn't posted anything since then, I think the chances of getting an answer is from him are slim. I would suggest you either ring, check the postcode checker at((http://allyours.virginmedia.com/) bottom left hand side) or even check out samknowns broadband checker (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php) which also advises of all the services currently available to you, including cable if available

Result from samknows should look like this:

Summary of results for DY102?? at 09:34 06/01/2009

Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
The following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT Wholesale SDSL
AOL LLU
O2 / Be LLU
Bulldog LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Tiscali LLU
Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)
Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)
Virgin Media (Cable)

Please select the options on the left for more information about broadband
availability at your location.

Laters,

Noggo

lavrentis
16-01-2009, 22:51
Never fear.

Lavrentis is here and writing this message to you on ADSL broadband. :D

Unfortunately, cable broadband is unavailible in my area still they tell me. I got told to ring someone else up in Virgin to check if or when I could get cable broadband. I didn't bother in the end but I am happy with my internet.

Sorry for my lateness in my reply.

Thanks

broadbandking
17-01-2009, 08:57
Some analogue areas can get broadband and phone but not digital TV but always best to call up.