PDA

View Full Version : Cams for TomTom ?

Quam256
16-03-2008, 07:26
Is there anywere I can get the speed cams for free ?

Tightscot
16-03-2008, 08:46
Go here (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras#compatibility) and register for free...

TheNorm
16-03-2008, 09:05
Go here (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras#compatibility) ...

TomTom isn't supported on that site.

Tightscot
16-03-2008, 09:12
TomTom isn't supported on that site.

are you sure - it is listed as supported...unless thats tom tom for win mobile...?

TheNorm
16-03-2008, 10:02
are you sure ...?

Oops! I saw that "CityMaps, RoutePlanner" were not supported and stopped looking!!

Note to self: don't post before the second cup of coffee. :dozey:

Quam256
16-03-2008, 10:54
Oops! I saw that "CityMaps, RoutePlanner" were not supported and stopped looking!!

Note to self: don't post before the second cup of coffee. :dozey:

lol

Paul K
16-03-2008, 10:59
Register for free but you have to pay £19 for a years subs before you can download the cameras?

Losttheplot
16-03-2008, 11:01
Register for free but you have to pay £19 for a years subs before you can download the cameras?
Yes thats right. They are the ones I use. I don't have a problem paying a small amount for all the effort that goes into the building and checking of all the info.

Quam256
16-03-2008, 11:12
Yes thats right. They are the ones I use. I don't have a problem paying a small amount for all the effort that goes into the building and checking of all the info.

Looking at what they offer it is worth it . Thanks

Graham M
16-03-2008, 11:31
I get a years subs to the proper Tom Tom cameras for £9.99/year, when it runs out, I go into Currys and get a new card, and they're separate from POIs unlike the Pocket GPS World ones too

bopdude
16-03-2008, 11:36
Is there anywere I can get the speed cams for free ?

There are loads of places, let us know what unit your using, that would help a little. I.E. ppc TT one etc etc. After that, I'll pm you the relavant site addy, can't post them om a public forum :nono: :nono:

tweetypie/8
16-03-2008, 13:14

keeping your foot of the gas is the best and cheapest option.

MovedGoalPosts
16-03-2008, 13:18
keeping your foot of the gas is the best and cheapest option.

But since cameras are "supposed" to be in sites where there is a high accident risk, isn't it nice to be driving at the correct speed and get a warning you are approaching an increased risk area?

Wicked_and_Crazy
16-03-2008, 13:56
But since cameras are "supposed" to be in sites where there is a high accident risk, isn't it nice to be driving at the correct speed and get a warning you are approaching an increased risk area?

Plus it tells you where temporary cameras could be so again it should make you aware that its a risk area even if there isnt a camera

Quam256
16-03-2008, 14:14
Im using a tom tom one .

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

I find a lot of the time the speed limits change on a lot of roads and the maps are not kept upto date quick enough.I like having the extra information from the speed cams as a second piece of info as they seem to be updated a lot quicker .

Nidge
16-03-2008, 17:49
Try www.globalpostioningsystems.co.uk

Graham M
16-03-2008, 17:56
Nidge; that comes up as a place-holder page for me :confused:

handyman
16-03-2008, 17:57
I thought they had gone out of business until I realised you had a typo. http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/?PHPSESSID=a9fdf673c1ce8ef6c4cd63577e658691

Though they sold out to expansys.

Nidge
16-03-2008, 20:08
Nidge; that comes up as a place-holder page for me :confused:

I thought they had gone out of business until I realised you had a typo. http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/?PHPSESSID=a9fdf673c1ce8ef6c4cd63577e658691

Though they sold out to expansys.

Opps sorry:dunce::dunce::dunce:

LSainsbury
16-03-2008, 21:47
I get a years subs to the proper Tom Tom cameras for £9.99/year, when it runs out, I go into Currys and get a new card, and they're separate from POIs unlike the Pocket GPS World ones too

The TomTom cameras aare utter crap - when were they last updated uh?

The PGPS cams are updated monthly - sometimes twich a month and you can have one complete POI with all cameras or you can seperate them out into mobile, fixed, Gatso etc.

And if you find a camera that's not listed or find one that been removed and after it's verified by one of their "spotters" you get a lifetime sub.

They may be a bit more but they are MUCH MUCH better.

Go for the Pocket GPS ones and tell Darren I sent you! :p:

tweetypie/8
16-03-2008, 22:35

your missing the point rob ! theres no excuse for not driving at the correct speed.

Quam256
17-03-2008, 00:03
your missing the point rob ! theres no excuse for not driving at the correct speed.
I agree with you completely ,but it can also be used to keep you alert to the speeds in the area .

Nidge
17-03-2008, 06:03
The TomTom cameras aare utter crap - when were they last updated uh?

The PGPS cams are updated monthly - sometimes twich a month and you can have one complete POI with all cameras or you can seperate them out into mobile, fixed, Gatso etc.

And if you find a camera that's not listed or find one that been removed and after it's verified by one of their "spotters" you get a lifetime sub.

They may be a bit more but they are MUCH MUCH better.

Go for the Pocket GPS ones and tell Darren I sent you! :p:

My Tom Tom maps seem to be spot on, there's a place on the A60 where my Tom Tom picks up a mobile camera spot, on the other systems like Navman, Garman it shows nothing. I was driving home the other day and there was a mobile speed camera van at the site where Tom Tom says it is.

Graham M
17-03-2008, 08:48
I get updates for my Tom Tom cameras at least twice a week :confused:

bopdude
17-03-2008, 09:15

Well I don't know about other drivers, but the 'new' sign system of circle signs with all manner of crosses and colours confuses the hell outta me, why oh why couldn't they, if they're putting a sign there anyway, stick it up in numbers :mad: At least with my TT it tells me when I'm over the limit for the stretch of road I'm on.