View Full Version : System Fault

asalcedo
12-03-2008, 10:23
Whenever I press the record button on my Sky+ I get

"For your information 06-0"

SYSTEM FAULT

Sky+ playback and recording are unavailable."

Whenever I go to the Planner I get "Please wait"

I have done a Full System Reset to no avail.

After the Full System Reset the standby light stayed red. After 10 minutes I press it on, turned green but did not see any special message on the screen.

I downloaded the latest firmware,

Pace/4.030/9f2106/

OS version 1.31b03
EPG Software Version: 5.03.g

Any ideas,

Many thanks,

Antonio

Mick Fisher
12-03-2008, 10:58
Have you phoned Sky to make sure there not a problem with your account? Also is your telephone line still connected and working or has your dish become misaligned re ongoing high winds?

asalcedo
12-03-2008, 11:42
My telephone line is connected.

My dish is as normal and I can still see Sky as normal on both Sky boxes at home.

No problems with my account but I have not spoken with Sky about this yet. I don't like the long waits and their not very helpful service, in my experience.

Thanks.

Mick Fisher
12-03-2008, 16:45
I mentioned the telephone because I had sky a long time ago but the service failed presumedly because of line of sight problems.

However when sky agreed to install their dish on a mast I went back to them because of continuing problems with VM's service.

During the installation the installer discovered that the sky phone line extension that was still there from the old installation did not work. He checked the plugs at each end were connected OK and concluded there was a break somewhere under the insulation. He said he doubted that it had ever worked?

The crew that did that original install were a bunch of cowboys, who got vertigo from standing on a door step, so I'm not surprised. :)

Bulky
14-03-2008, 21:23
your hard drive has given up the game , if it is under warranty ring sky and get them to sort it , if not replace it yourself , its VERY easy , sky will charge you 3 times the price of a new drive :)

asalcedo
15-03-2008, 10:05
Hi, bulkylad, that is what I think, new hard drive is in order.

It is not under warranty anymore. Where do I find one? And how do I load the software on the new one?

Many thanks,

Antonio

Bulky
15-03-2008, 22:21
Hi, bulkylad, that is what I think, new hard drive is in order.

It is not under warranty anymore. Where do I find one? And how do I load the software on the new one?

Many thanks,

Antonio

no software needed , just a compatable drive , looke here on how to do , think i put a samsung drive back in my sky+ box with no problems but look here for more info :)

http://www.morlocks.co.uk/sky.htm

asalcedo
19-03-2008, 11:41
Thank you bulkylad and others,

I have now replaced the hard drive for a 250GB Maxtor and it works beautifully, better than before, faster, more responsive and more silent.

Most obliged,

Antonio