PDA

View Full Version : Belt wearage.

Druchii
09-03-2008, 13:22
Well, the time has coem to finally get this right...

I wear a belt, with jeans, obviously, you know, traditional style, letaher with silver buckle. Anywho, that's not a question.

MY question to you lot is, which way should a man thread his belt? And is it any different to how a woman should thread a belt? i.e. belt tip (without buckle) to the right? or left?

I'm sure i remember being told once upon a time which way was correct and which way not, so, was i just imagining it?

alferret
09-03-2008, 13:27
I thread my belt starting at the front left so that the buckle is on the left when done.

ikthius
09-03-2008, 13:34
i wear my belts as if your threading the loops of your breaks from left round to right, buckle ends up on left side.

if its a traditional belt tip is to the left, if its a D-buckle belt, then it backs on itself to be the right side.

but to be honest, who cares.... as long as your comfortable putting it on and they hold yer breaks ups

ik

Druchii
09-03-2008, 13:39
i wear my belts as if your threading the loops of your breaks from left round to right, buckle ends up on left side.

if its a traditional belt tip is to the left, if its a D-buckle belt, then it backs on itself to be the right side.

but to be honest, who cares.... as long as your comfortable putting it on and they hold yer breaks ups

ik
Makes sense, seems i'm odd so far, i always thread from the right hand side.

Definitely holds things up :tu:

ikthius
09-03-2008, 13:42
Makes sense, seems i'm odd so far, i always thread from the right hand side.

Definitely holds things up :tu:

you left or right handed? my bro (left handed) does it the opposite way.

but to be honest, no one is looking at how your belt is put on

ik

MadGamer
09-03-2008, 14:35
I wear my belts so that the buckle is on the right. This is how ive always worn them.

MovedGoalPosts
09-03-2008, 15:09
Follow the scuba diving weight belt safety convention of "right hand release". If you apply it to normal clothes it everyone knows which way to grab and pull for action :naughty:

TheNorm
09-03-2008, 16:09
... everyone knows which way to grab and pull for action :naughty:

Is that where the expression "I pulled last night" comes from?

Maggy
09-03-2008, 16:10
I hardly wear one but when I do I thread it according to which way the top fastening fastens so the buckle holds it flat.

:scratch:

Well I know what I mean...:D

papa smurf
09-03-2008, 16:35
there is no way to get a woman to belt up.......so just please yourself:D

Maggy
09-03-2008, 16:36
there is no way to get a woman to belt up.......so just please yourself:D

Ah well unless you belt up in my car you don't get a lift.:p:

papa smurf
09-03-2008, 16:50
i cant see mine ..bellys in the way :blush:

Halcyon
09-03-2008, 17:07
I thread it round from the left so that you end up with the metal bit on the left and then the bit with the holes goes round and arrives on the right.

Druchii
09-03-2008, 17:41
Interesting :)

Thanks people, seems there is no right and wrong way as such, so wherever i heard that it must have been a load of old tosh.

tweetypie/8
09-03-2008, 20:58
I thread my belt starting at the front left so that the buckle is on the left when done.

same here.

WHISTLED
09-03-2008, 21:01
Buckle on the left and some womens belts are the opposite way.. apparently *looks around*

greencreeper
10-03-2008, 01:21
Buckle on the left.

Top tip. See a man with one of those soft, canvas belts, with the end dangling down in front, like a penis? Well that's because he's not that big. Best avoid - lot of issues there.