PDA

View Full Version : Repull nightmare

hoggerz
09-03-2008, 11:04
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help. I live in a converted flat on the top floor and the cable which serves the flats is a single coax which is split to feed each one. I had problems with my TV reception and a tech came and said I needed a repull and a new cable run internally up to my flat as the signal was too weak by the time it got to me. I arranged this but nobody showed up. I used the newsgroups to rebook an appointment and again noone came, I rang 9 times and eventually someone came 3 hours late but couldn't do the work. Apparently he didn't do internal cabling (the white coax) he only did the external cabling (the black one) which is poking out of the drain outside. They were worried about damaging a wall outside the flats. So that cable is still outside. They told me they couldn't get hold of their boss and that I should ring VM and explain. I rang them and as far as their system showed the work had been done. I explained it hadn't so they rebooked it again. Yesterday an engineer came but again he couldn't do the work, but pormised someone would come back and do it. Nobody came and again it shows as completed on VMs system when I contacted newsgroups for help. What can I do? I don't want to cancel but VM really don't seem to care, so maybe I should call sky. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mike

Mick Fisher
09-03-2008, 15:13
That's awful!

Well from what you say, it appears that VM just do not want your custom and are just mucking you about in the hope that you will give up and go away.

Unless you have masochistic tendencies :) or some ulterior motive to force VM to install, matter of principle perhaps, then your best bet is to get Sky.

It's a far superior TV experience anyway IMO and I have tried them both.

Good Luck with whatever course of action you decide on.

xspeedyx
09-03-2008, 16:02
Welcome to cf

Sorry t hear about this I am just thinking maybe they booked a normal special request ring one more time and ask the rep to call ops and say a emergency repull needs to be done as the work is not been completed or ring c/rels and they will try and push for this

Druchii
10-03-2008, 00:19
Welcome to cf

Sorry t hear about this I am just thinking maybe they booked a normal special request ring one more time and ask the rep to call ops and say a emergency repull needs to be done as the work is not been completed or ring c/rels and they will try and push for this
As a note: c/rels is Customer Relations.

hoggerz
10-03-2008, 22:32
Hi
Thanks for replys. I've called them a few times but they tell me I have to wait for a manager to call me within the next 48 hours. They say they can't put me through to anyone as a complaint has been lodged so i have to wait. They promise someone will have called me by tomorrow, but i've heard that one before. Oh well.. Tried to call cancelations, after 15 mins of that bloody music they finally answered, but they put me on hold to check something then terminated the call! Oh well.....

Hoggerz

boroboi
12-03-2008, 09:05
Theres some complete numpties working in callcentres these days.

I've worked for Barclaycard, and that just would not be tolerated.