PDA

View Full Version : New modem issues

roblz
08-03-2008, 13:37
Hi,

I have just received a new modem in prep for the upgrade from 4 to 10Mb, I went through the telephone registration process (MAC address etc), however after that I was going through the web registration process and the username is my neighbour's ntlworld email address, which is un-changeable.

I phoned the tech support people back and they told me that they can do nothing and I have to phone customer services to get a new modem sent out.

Have spoken, and got cut off from customer services, and just before I was put on hold and disconnected the guy said he would arrange for an engineer to come out. Surely they can re-assign the modem to me rather send an engineer out?

I would be most grateful for any insights in how to work with customer services on this issue (I don’t have any holidays left before the end of the month to take a day off for an engineer!)

Thanks

JenJen
08-03-2008, 15:20
If you have already rung tech support and given them the mac address of the new modem, you dont need to complete the online registration.
It will only see your details as already registered and throw up lots of errors.
Just POPO(power on, power off).
Once the modem and pc are rebooted, you shouldnt get the reg site popping up on IE.

roblz
09-03-2008, 19:32
Thanks Jen,

Tried that and still get the "We need to register your modem before you can start..." page?

Is this because I don't have a modem registered to my account, the new one being reg'd to my neighbour and the old one being defunct and removed?

I can browse to some site (this one and the BBC), but email and messenger don't work at all......