PDA

View Full Version : virgin selfcare - how to delete alias?

feynman
05-03-2008, 23:24
hello,

i have one mailbox with 2 alias, i receive spam addressed to one of the alias and it has no other use so i want to delete it...

problem is in selfcare i can 'tick' the mailbox or the alias i want to keep, but the one i want to delete is greyed out like the empty alias and can not be ticked...

any idea how i can delete this alias please?

Acathla
05-03-2008, 23:28
you can't delete the master alias of the account which I presume this one is.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

You might be able to speak to CS about getting the master alias changed but why not leave it. It wont do any harm.

feynman
05-03-2008, 23:46
its not doing any harm but it receives spam addressed to that alias so i want to delete it...

its just an alias i chose, i thought the 'master' was the 'mailbox'?, the mailbox is listed at the top in bold, below are 3 aliases, (one empty), the one i cant delete is listed first, does that make it a master?

Acathla
06-03-2008, 00:06
Can you do anything via this system? (Note only valid for ntlworld addresses)

https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi-bin/xtrmail

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Note I've just woke up and realised you said selfcare which means your probably ex-telewest so that link wont help. Hopefully someone else can help :(

feynman
06-03-2008, 00:26
yes ex telewest/blueyonder...

thanks anyway...

v0id
06-03-2008, 00:34
you can't delete the master alias of the account which I presume this one is.

Yes you can :confused:

The only way you would be prevented from deleting or changing an alias is if you're using it for your webspace address, until you've assigned a new one for your PWP)

feynman
06-03-2008, 00:45
i never use my pwp, must have named it with that alias years ago...

thanks v0id, problem solved...