PDA

View Full Version : ssshhh.premium rate for tech support to be scrapped

on in an hour!
05-03-2008, 19:27
keep it to yourselves,but hopefully by may the 25ppm broadband tech support line is rumoured to be being scrapped,the new line wont be free, as a big percentage of callers into the line are still calling with probs that arent related to VM's equipment,but its more likely to be an 0845 No charged at a national rate.:) quick edit: as my first post states,'its rumoured'.although i can categorically state 'its being looked into'.(not exactly a state secret) all happy now??

Mick
05-03-2008, 19:31
Thought 0845 was local call rate...

This move wouldn't have anything to do with BT (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/381/bt-challenges-the-likes-of-virgin-media-and-bskyb-over-their-help-desk-call-charges) scrapping theirs would it? ;)

on in an hour!
05-03-2008, 19:32
Thought 0845 was local call rate...

This move wouldn't have anything to do with BT (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/381/bt-challenges-the-likes-of-virgin-media-and-bskyb-over-their-help-desk-call-charges) scrapping theirs would it? ;)
no mick,simply a reaction from the directors to customer pressure,believe me,they are listening ;) by all accounts if the problem is deemed to be customer related they may offer them the option to redirect to a premium rate line,but then again which companies do you know will set up a helpline free of charge to fix problems that arent directly related to their products/services/

WHISTLED
05-03-2008, 19:34
Thats not been signed off yet has it. Its been suggested not agreed and shoulnt be on here.

none
05-03-2008, 19:35
Could it be that the money gained from premium phones lines is to now be subsidized from some of the large sums of £££££ £Â£ from the Phorm deal :/

on in an hour!
05-03-2008, 19:39
Could it be that the money gained from premium phones lines is to now be subsidized from some of the large sums of £££££ £Â£ from the Phorm deal :/
ever the sceptic eh none ;)

none
05-03-2008, 19:52
ever the sceptic eh none ;)
wouldn't want to be any other way :)

on in an hour!
05-03-2008, 20:00
wouldn't want to be any other way :)
fair comment.which is what this sites all about after all :gpoint:

Toto
05-03-2008, 20:05
Can we hope that every non Phorm thread will not be hijacked into one?

on in an hour!
05-03-2008, 20:09
Can we hope that every non Phorm thread will not be hijacked into one?
:clap:

Akia
05-03-2008, 20:41
Its a bit too soon to be making statements like that. Its been suggested that something needs to be done. and the staff have been asked to comment on suggestions on what to do but thats as far as it goes.

I do now understand why VM like to keep staff in the dark about stuff and they are normally the last to know. If they can't discuss stuff internally with staff without it being posted on internet forum what choice do they have but to not say anything till they are ready for it to be made public.

Toto
05-03-2008, 20:46
Its a bit too soon to be making statements like that. Its been suggested that something needs to be done. and the staff have been asked to comment on suggestions on what to do but thats as far as it goes.

I do now understand why VM like to keep staff in the dark about stuff and they are normally the last to know. If they can't discuss stuff internally with staff without it being posted on internet forum what choice do they have but to not say anything till they are ready for it to be made public.

Spot on.

Mick
05-03-2008, 21:04

Yeah but my problem with this is that Virgin Media isn't an institution that is on the same par as the Secret Service. There is nothing wrong with VM coming out and saying they might be suggesting it, but like its former identity (That would be ntl) it likes to keep things from its customers. If they are asking the staff for suggestions how about they ask their customers as well...???

on in an hour!
05-03-2008, 21:26
Yeah but my problem with this is that Virgin Media isn't an institution that is on the same par as the Secret Service. There is nothing wrong with VM coming out and saying they might be suggesting it, but like its former identity (That would be ntl) it likes to keep things from its customers. If they are asking the staff for suggestions how about they ask their customers as well...???
as in my previous post mick, i said they are listening,this thought hasnt come just from staff,its also through the feedback from customers,dont forget,when they ask staff about customers perception as they see it (i.e. through talking to customers), this needle point is coming through again and again,as to the suggestion they cant keep anything 'in-house',this makes me sound like a spy double dealing with the bloody russians!!! how come you people dont slag off tv boy when he posts 'coming soon to VM' regarding future content,this info is from a trusted source (as is mine) and in no way confirms VM's intentions,but i wouldnt stupidly report this info, if I hadnt been convinced by what i was told,that it could happen.as i said 'ssshhh,its rumoured'.chill out a bit you lot!!! ;)

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

akia,its way past a suggestion,as other posts have confirmed.

ceedee
05-03-2008, 21:29
If they are asking the staff for suggestions how about they ask their customers as well...???
But that would mean having a dialogue *with* (rather than *at*) their users!
:shocked:

Hell, next you'll be suggesting that a VM blog might be a good way to communicate with customers...
;)

BarFly
05-03-2008, 22:22

Bit harsh, if you read Neils blog & have attended any of the ongoing Road shows, you can work out for yourself whats going on, by reading between the lines of the blog, or just ask a direct question at the road show...
so if there willing to make statements around it in the road shows & in neils blog, they know its going to end up in the public domain ( everything else posted there does, why wouldn't this be any different ).

lostandconfused
06-03-2008, 09:15
Good IMO, i hate that stupidly long greeting now, ive started saying it in my sleep!

PeteTheMusicGuy
06-03-2008, 10:46
Good News :)

Akia
06-03-2008, 14:07
as in my previous post mick, i said they are listening,this thought hasnt come just from staff,its also through the feedback from customers,dont forget,when they ask staff about customers perception as they see it (i.e. through talking to customers), this needle point is coming through again and again,as to the suggestion they cant keep anything 'in-house',this makes me sound like a spy double dealing with the bloody russians!!! how come you people dont slag off tv boy when he posts 'coming soon to VM' regarding future content,this info is from a trusted source (as is mine) and in no way confirms VM's intentions,but i wouldnt stupidly report this info, if I hadnt been convinced by what i was told,that it could happen.as i said 'ssshhh,its rumoured'.chill out a bit you lot!!! ;)

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

akia,its way past a suggestion,as other posts have confirmed.

TV Boy dosn't get his information from internal sources though. Just rumours and information thats already in the public domain.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Bit harsh, if you read Neils blog & have attended any of the ongoing Road shows, you can work out for yourself whats going on, by reading between the lines of the blog, or just ask a direct question at the road show...
so if there willing to make statements around it in the road shows & in neils blog, they know its going to end up in the public domain ( everything else posted there does, why wouldn't this be any different ).

But don't you think that if everything they put on the intranet didn't end up in the public domain they may be a little more open with staff.

piggy
06-03-2008, 14:38
nothing important gets on the intranet, by the time it gets there its old news!!

BarFly
06-03-2008, 14:40
But don't you think that if everything they put on the intranet didn't end up in the public domain they may be a little more open with staff.

i know what your saying, but there all intelligent guys up there, they know if they post something like that on a group bulletin board or blog it, it will end up in the public domain, so they knew it would get out, its a way of testing the water in an unofficial format.

& to be fair to them, if you attend the road shows or read the blogs, they answer what they can, & are trying to be more pro active & open, just got to get that train of thought to filter to everyone involved in VM ( ie IBM / Manpower & Addecco )

rmg
07-03-2008, 16:09
You get a refund anyway if it turns out to be a fault at Virgins end, right?

RIGHT????

Akia
07-03-2008, 16:14
nothing important gets on the intranet, by the time it gets there its old news!!

And why do you think that would be? Maybe becuase stuff keeps getting posted on forums like this.

Paul
07-03-2008, 17:10
And why do you think that would be? Maybe becuase stuff keeps getting posted on forums like this.

Im sure they are not stupid, they know this will happen, so they obviously are at the point where they dont mind.

lostandconfused
07-03-2008, 17:47
Im sure they are not stupid, they know this will happen, so they obviously are at the point where they dont mind.

I think thats true, they do post some things on there sometimes which they dont want released yet, there was something on the intranet last week which they asked to keep it under our hats or something, i cant remeber what it was about.

The problem is, VM employ loads of staff and it only takes one person to leak it out, and within a few days everyone knows about it. Thats why as call takers we would never be privvy to sensitive information.

its the same with all companies. That was one of the reasons i joined this forum in the first place so i would know what was going on the same time as the customers instead of a couple of days later:D

Akia
07-03-2008, 20:53
It was in regards to the Iplayer i think a update saying it was coming, But again thats all over the internet but that was mainly because the BBC sent out a press release as well.

And yes they are fully aware that things are posted, In fact on the bottom of the intranet it says that they know if happends and reminding staff not to do it.

lostandconfused
07-03-2008, 23:59
snip

And yes they are fully aware that things are posted, In fact on the bottom of the intranet it says that they know if happends and reminding staff not to do it.

ahh, i get bored before i get down that far!:D

moaningmags
08-03-2008, 00:01
I've never read it, I can't post on it so don't bother with it.
Annoys me though.