PDA

View Full Version : virgin broadband size:XL

ledgah
05-03-2008, 19:54
I am thinking about subscribing to Virgin broadband size XL. I am staying at a shared flat in Turnpike Lane, London. There are gonna be about 5 or 6 users, using the broadband.

My questions:

- Since I am the power user I am really wondering what kind of download speed can I expect to have?

- What cable modem does Virgin provide and does it support WLAN. If not, what WLAN router would you recommend?

- Is worth going with Virgin or should I make a contract with other provider?

Regards,
Mac

Hugh
05-03-2008, 20:00
Ledgah
- can't answer your first question, as you will need feedback from local users
- VM CM isn't wireless; you will need to purchase a Wireless Router (I would recommend Linksys WRT54GS)
- not sure what you mean by your third question; you can only get VM XL through VM, not another provider. If you mean another BB package from a different supplier, a lot of people speak highly of Be, but it depends how close you are to the exchange.

ledgah
06-03-2008, 13:17
Foreverwar, thanks for recommendations.Yeah, I meant other BB package. To be honest I don't know anything about the ISP in England, but it does look that BE offers a very good service.

Sorry to all the others for posting this in the wrong forum. Huh...

:)

dilli-theclaw
06-03-2008, 13:20
Moved (and cleaned up) - Can I remind members if you do spot a thread in the wrong place you can report it.