PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Prices

therock247uk
05-03-2008, 15:06
Currently we are spedning £45 a month for tv, phone and broadband we are on the lowest speed of broadband 2mb other ISP's are doing double the speeds for much less than £18.99 per month is there anyway I can get virgin to sell me there 4 mb package for the same prices we have been a customer for years since the days of NTL and I am not happy paying £18 a month for 2 mb id like more.

kingabs
05-03-2008, 15:34
call retentions and say to them i am thinking of moving on to someone else but i thought i will give you the benefit of the doubt to see what deal you can offer me.

My brother did that and they knocked his £37 connection to £22 per month for the next year.

Hugh
05-03-2008, 15:47
You don't say what your other packages are; why not get the 3 for £30, and upgrade the BB?

therock247uk
05-03-2008, 15:57
Current customers cant get that deal i thought...

Hugh
05-03-2008, 16:02
I did a couple of months ago - couldn't confirm that it available currently; why not ring up and ask? (that's what I did, and put my V+ etc on the deal).

jimbo1968
05-03-2008, 16:05
Ask and ye shall receive.

It's annoying but it's the way it works.

therock247uk
05-03-2008, 16:16
A engineer is coming next week to upgrade our digital box as we still have a NTL one (they rang us up today) would it be worth asking them? or should I just contact customer services?

jcuk
05-03-2008, 16:17
Depends, if you already have 3 services you really cant take out any new customer deals, simply because its for new customers taking on a new service /bb/tv/telco. However there are existing offers, best one going just now its the 3 for £56 which you can take on Assuming your paying LESS than or exactly £56.00 per month for your basic services.

If your basic servs combined come to less than 56, you can get the offer and recieve XL tv XL phone and XL bb lifetime offer, minimum 30 day cancellation so no 12 month contract

EDIT:

Another offer, if your paying less than £42.00 per month, you can get upgraded to XL tv, M phone and L bb as long as your basic services come to £42.00 or less, if your paying more, your next one is £56.00

kiltedscot
05-03-2008, 19:49
i called them last week, out of commitment, and fed up with tv and internet, they wanted a extra 10 to take my tv up a level and would not do anything unless i gave them my phone line aswell . i offered to do that lasyt year but they were not interested, so went elsewhere.

g

Hugh
05-03-2008, 19:53
That was then - it may be different now, it may not; only way to find out is to ask, and then make a decision on the answer, rather than presume one way or another (imho).

therock247uk
07-03-2008, 15:52
Thanks all for the suggestions I will try and see what I can do I gues...

ceedee
13-03-2008, 21:23
Current customers cant get that deal i thought...

I got a call this evening offering me a ridiculous deal.
The guy specifically mentioned that VM had decided to extend the special offers for new signups to existing customers.

I used to be on 4MB BB plus TV M package for £30.50 and dropped the TV a few months back. So I'm now getting just 4Mb broadband for £25/mth. Apparently I can now get an 'all in one' 4MB BB + TV + phone package for an extra £2.50/mth.
All three services for £3 less than I was paying for two!

Is this a 'popularity drive' by VM?
An acknowledgment that they could've been running the place better?
Perhaps they're desperate to snare folk into a fresh 12-month contract before they do something *really* unpopular?
Or simply that the figures show that triple-play customers churn slower?

(Told them not to bother upgrading me: I'll be leaving VM if they sell my browsing data via Phorm!)

the-cable-guy
15-03-2008, 05:30
lol i wouldnt believe it mate 2bh. i had some guy ask me if i wanted to get free tv with VM as i had 4 MB BB at the time so i said yes. then i spoke to someone else to place the order & they said that theres no such offer, so i spoke to the first guy again & he dined even saying it.

anyways iv now got tv with VM so iv got L BB & L TV for £29 a month. as they said on the phone that i could get L TV on its own for £11.50, i dont want a phone line you see. whether i get charged the quoted price is another story.