PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Down (again)

dbateman2k5
05-03-2008, 12:27
Hi

Tried to go online at home today (about 8am), and I've got no access.

Done all the usual checks and rebooted modem/router several times. I have also phoned customer services to check if my broadband account is fine, which it is.

Lights steady on modem are: POWER, ENET, SYNC, & READY.

RECV light flashes every 5 or 6 seconds.

I can't even get into the modem status page at 192.168.100.1.

Have yet to phone the dreaded 0906 tech support number.

Checked status page via a friend's connection and see that maintenance was done on the Fareham UBRs between 1am & 6am today. Wondering if this is causing the no connection issue.

Any ideas, suggestions, or help much appreciated.

Richy99
05-03-2008, 12:32
try it connected directly to the modem and bypass the router to see if you can acess the modem status

dbateman2k5
05-03-2008, 13:10
i also did try that twice and no internet or modem status page (sorry forgot to mention that in first post).

techyguy4
05-03-2008, 17:50
i also did try that twice and no internet or modem status page (sorry forgot to mention that in first post).

Even if there is a network outage, the modem config page should open. (192.168.100.1). When the modem is connected directly to the pc, you can try pinging as well.e.g. pinging the default gateway.

dbateman2k5
05-03-2008, 18:31
No joy. Config page won't open and unable to ping.

kiltedscot
05-03-2008, 18:44
I had exactly the same issues last night, I come the glenrothes area in scotland

i could at times get into the modem and got the following 2 messages from the log, "critical Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out " and"information Got a map with the new UCD change count, and changed upstream parms "

when i looked athe connection satus in my router it would get a dhcp address but nothing else, and would not ping it.

G

dbateman2k5
05-03-2008, 19:52
any ideas on what i should do ?

dbateman2k5
05-03-2008, 22:28
Arrived home from shops, rebooted modem, started pc, and it's all working again.

I assume last night's maintenance on the Fareham UBR's might of caused the outage.

slingading
06-03-2008, 09:13
Mine has been down around teatime every day for the past 8 days. Ive made numerous calls to support and got told various stories, offered various kinds of help but still no joy. An engineer was booked for last Saturday but he failed to turn up. Im running out of ideas now, my on demand content on the tv also fails at the same time as the internet, the online light just flashes.

Ive had 2 years of excellent service but this last 8 days has been a major disappointment.