PDA

View Full Version : Exceptional service

avanti4010
04-03-2008, 15:57
As someone who had cause to write letters to the MD Customer Care and Neil Berkett Acting CEO a few months ago after a series of service problems, I feel compelled to record the exceptional service I have received today.

When I switched on around 10-15am I could not get a connection with only two lights showing on my "antique" Motorola SB4100 modem.

I phoned Tech Support and spoke to Amid who immediately arranged to a Technician to visit between 12pm and 4pm today.

At 11-40am the technician Nathan-Lee Ambrose arrived and agreed with my own diagnosis that the modem was knackered after over 7 years of use.

A new one was quickly fitted and after a few problems with my PIN number I was back on line by 12-30pm.

So from my initial phone call to getting a replacement modem set up only 2 hours had elapsed.

I consider this to be exceptional service and place on record my thanks to the Virgin Media staff involved.

Keith

dav
04-03-2008, 16:10
Indeed, credit where it is due.

(My inner cynic is tugging at my coat-tails. I'll just see what it wants...);)

Hugh
04-03-2008, 16:19
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar........

none
04-03-2008, 17:24
A positive thread about Virgin's customer service :O , best make it a sticky, just for posterity lol

scrotnig
04-03-2008, 17:48
I did one a while ago too...in fact I've done a couple.

I've also posted negative ones when they have got things wrong, but a lot of what they do is good and I am still a customer.

jcuk
04-03-2008, 19:40
sounds pretty unbelievable! and i work for em! but yeah that sounds superb, i gotta say i also have a sb4100 on 20meg and it runs like an absolute dream never had 1 single problem with the modem since i got it many years ago.

but yeah, fantastic!

frogstamper
05-03-2008, 12:30
Well if I should have the need to ring the dreaded VM customer service I will know in future to ask for Amid, he sounds like one in a million, well done Amid.

Nugget
05-03-2008, 16:12
As someone who had cause to write letters to the MD Customer Care and Neil Berkett Acting CEO a few months ago after a series of service problems, I feel compelled to record the exceptional service I have received today.

When I switched on around 10-15am I could not get a connection with only two lights showing on my "antique" Motorola SB4100 modem.

I phoned Tech Support and spoke to Amid who immediately arranged to a Technician to visit between 12pm and 4pm today.

At 11-40am the technician Nathan-Lee Ambrose arrived and agreed with my own diagnosis that the modem was knackered after over 7 years of use.

A new one was quickly fitted and after a few problems with my PIN number I was back on line by 12-30pm.

So from my initial phone call to getting a replacement modem set up only 2 hours had elapsed.

I consider this to be exceptional service and place on record my thanks to the Virgin Media staff involved.

Keith

Yeah, but the technician did turn up 20 minutes early - what if you hadn't been in? Bloomin' Virgin - never turn up want you want 'em to ;) :D

avanti4010
05-03-2008, 17:06
He told me he would have gone to lunch and called back!!

frogstamper
06-03-2008, 01:12
Wow, what a guy!!

mrsnooch
07-03-2008, 00:37
They obviously know your track history for being a bit of a complainer then!! Don't want to upset you any further hehe.

What can you say, somedays Virgin do indeed perform above and beyond!

EYEZ
07-06-2008, 18:05
Just to add this -

Having had Speed Issue's and continous lies told to me over a period of Time,
I emailed the CEO on Friday 6th June at approx 5.30pm.

Saturday Morning 7th June and had a phone call at 9.15am from his assistant,who told me they had already looked at my account and
Speed Problem.
She told me that i wud get a call straight away.

5 Mins later another phone call from Stewart in Liverpool TS.
He informed my that the upgrades to my Local UBR@Newton Abbott to relieve the Tx-load is scheduled to be completed by 8 Aug 2008 and would apply credits to my account for 6mths.

I must admit i was happily shocked...More of this for all wud be NICE !!

Well Done VM !!

;)

mrsnooch
07-06-2008, 18:29
What do you mean by credits? Sorry if its obvious lol.

Raistlin
07-06-2008, 18:36
Always nice to hear about when things have gone right as well as when things have gone wrong - nice post, thanks :tu:

EYEZ
07-06-2008, 20:37
What do you mean by credits? Sorry if its obvious lol.

They have reduced my XL BB by a certain amount for the next
6 mths,and its called a Rolling Credit.

;)