PDA

View Full Version : Program has been "Recording" for 2 days!

dazzah
04-03-2008, 13:58
Afternoon all,

Anyone seen anything like this on the Sky+?

I was having some problems following thr storms with picture breakup, had a play with the dish and the picture seems to be coming through fine now.

However, there was a program that started recording on Monday morning, lasting 1 hour, and the planner is saying it is still recording.

The red recording light is not on, however the box is getting confuswed and saying other things are clashing, I guess because it thinks it is recording one thing already.

When we try to delete the errant recording, it says "deleting" and then just goes back to "Recording"

Any help most welcomed!

Dazzler.

jellybaby
04-03-2008, 17:54
Have you tried restarting the box?

dazzah
04-03-2008, 18:52
Tried a couple of times, no joy

greencreeper
05-03-2008, 01:16
Sounds stuffed. Mine sometimes is just blue on power on. Also beeps and whirrs of its own accord, randomly chooses to appear paused but not actually recording anything, forces me to exit mid-paused program, chops the end off recordings, fails to record for reasons known only to God, and randomly selects to record programs. Otherwise it's very reliable.

If it wasn't electrical, I'd be acquiring Holy water. Good luck with yours :)

davyc
21-03-2008, 11:39
Afternoon all,

Anyone seen anything like this on the Sky+?

I was having some problems following thr storms with picture breakup, had a play with the dish and the picture seems to be coming through fine now.

However, there was a program that started recording on Monday morning, lasting 1 hour, and the planner is saying it is still recording.

The red recording light is not on, however the box is getting confuswed and saying other things are clashing, I guess because it thinks it is recording one thing already.

When we try to delete the errant recording, it says "deleting" and then just goes back to "Recording"

Any help most welcomed!

Dazzler.
I imagine you may have solved this problem now. However I can report a similar problem a while back. Eventually solved it by stopping the recording when a clash was reported. Then power-off reset.
DC