PDA

View Full Version : Only House on street with no cable! Please help!

Veej29
03-03-2008, 17:11
Hi All,

I live (own) an apartment in an old house converted to 7 flats. We all own the freehold and have all agreed to get cable to the property as SKY dishes can not be placed on the outside of the property.
Cable is in the street and going to both private houses each side of our property. We are less that 30 feet from the road.

After speaking with Virgin about 15 times and leaving message upon message with the spotters i have got no where! They said they need access to Property and an agreement from the Landlord to bring the cable to the house and in to apartments. I can provide both of these yet I can get no further with Virgin! In 2003 one of the apartment did get cable but they said is now irrelevant!?

We are miles away from the BT exchange so the internet service is SHOCKING to the point we can't get BT Vision!!!

I'm at my wits end trying to sort this out.. Please please any advice? Can we not pay a fee? or get an indipendant cable installation?

Help .. help :(
:shrug:

Nedkelly
03-03-2008, 17:36
Hard one as trying to get someone out is very very hard in some areas or no one knows which dept to call .Have you tried ordering services from VM and hope someone turns up .If they cant install it for a reason then a supervisor would have to come out and look at the property .:)

Veej29
03-03-2008, 18:06
I tried just ordering the services online but it stopped me and told me to ring the sales team who then pushed me on to the spotter team answer machine. I've spoken with the customer services who did exactly the same. Round and round i go!

The property is in the Croydon area so not remote.

I can't believe my only choice is VM. Are they the only domestic cable company?

Nedkelly
03-03-2008, 18:22
If only they got there finger out .We sometimes do work for direct sales on this matter as intalls can drag there feet .Do you ever see cars with VM on them in your area as these wil be direct sales and some of them know what to look for :)

Veej29
03-03-2008, 18:41
I can't say i've been looking for a VM van. Actually what is 'VM' :)
THe area is fully cabled up except for my property. Is there no way we can get one of these direct sales people out to us? WHo are 'They'?

Nedkelly
03-03-2008, 18:47
VM = Virgin Media Direct sales drive cars with the logo on them is there anyone is this area who can help :confused:

Veej29
04-03-2008, 12:52
Please if there are any of these VM direct sales people on here, or if any one can point me to one i'm be very greetful!

doe
05-03-2008, 16:39
Hello all,

I have had the same problem for 9 weeks. in the past week i have been requesting service online using flats number as mine was suppose to be unserviceable. So sin monday, i have been calling an 0800 number on one of their replies and today i got a call from the spotter who is going to do the installation for £30.

But first we need to confirm where the grey box is situated. Can't wait 2 get home.

Veej29
05-03-2008, 17:13
do you have the 0800 number? The last number i had was given was 0121 and no one has called back from there.

Is ti possible that when they come you can get a contact number for them?

Truly anything could help me here as I'm just exasperated by the whole thing! Another contract or new service provider coming through the BT line is just a waste of time.
:bigcry:

doe
06-03-2008, 10:32
do you have the 0800 number? The last number i had was given was 0121 and no one has called back from there.

Is ti possible that when they come you can get a contact number for them?

Truly anything could help me here as I'm just exasperated by the whole thing! Another contract or new service provider coming through the BT line is just a waste of time.
:bigcry:

Veej29, check ur PM.

I have made some progress. The spotter is on is way to mine.

londontech
06-03-2008, 16:51
Hard one as trying to get someone out is very very hard in some areas or no one knows which dept to call .Have you tried ordering services from VM and hope someone turns up .If they cant install it for a reason then a supervisor would have to come out and look at the property .:)

that would be a waste of time for all parties concerned as a cable would need to be pulled to the property prior to arrival. :D

JenJen
06-03-2008, 19:41
The issue here is that that VM need the House Owners permission to install bb. Give VM your landlord's name and address and request they send him a form to complete. Once that is given, the install can go ahead.

orchid
10-03-2008, 14:54
Veej29, check ur PM.

I have made some progress. The spotter is on is way to mine.

Can I have that number as well please? Our neighbouring flat already have VM, but have called the 0121 number a couple of times, as well as Cust Serv and made no progress :(

I see VM vans in our area all the time, so it shouldn't be this hard!

since1979
10-03-2008, 16:42
I found out you may be better off writing to them not sure of the address i found it on this forum and now i have an installition date on fri 14th Mar hope you can find the address and if i find it again will post it for you.

doe
12-03-2008, 17:21
Can I have that number as well please? Our neighbouring flat already have VM, but have called the 0121 number a couple of times, as well as Cust Serv and made no progress :(

I see VM vans in our area all the time, so it shouldn't be this hard!

Check PM

since1979
17-03-2008, 12:21
This is the address i wrote to and got a reply and then phone call and now i have VM installed all within three weeks of writing.

Customer Concern
Matrix Court
Llansamlet
Swansea
SA7 9BB

Hope this helps

Locky33
31-03-2008, 22:21
Just reading through this, I contacted virgin media by email reference installing service to a new estate on behalf of some residents. I got given this lady's number who seems to be quite helpfull on the email the number is 0845 650 3131 extension 6135 Hope this helps if anybody looks back at these posts for reference.

chaders
12-04-2008, 19:33
if your flats are in an old building it is more than likely you can get cable , look for the " t " point on the pavement at either end of the property . or alternativley they can pull through the neighbours T point