PDA

View Full Version : Activated Call Barring but...

hardtarget
01-03-2008, 20:06
I activated call barring today for premium numbers like international and 08 numbers,
The CS said it will be affect in 24 hours,

Been a couple of hours but its still not been activated.
i know he said 24 hours but they usually say that just for the sake of it and service are activated instantly most of the time.

He said the code to activate it is *340206# and to deactivate it is #3406*pin#

tried them but some woman says you have dialled an incorrect service number or something along the lines

Eric55
01-03-2008, 20:43
I thought call barring was activated with*227# and deactivated with #227# these are what I use.

haydnwalker
01-03-2008, 22:23
I'm not overly up on this but different numbers to activate/deactivate may be different on different platforms (ie ex-Telewest & ex-NTL)

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

I activated call barring today for premium numbers like international and 08 numbers,

i know he said 24 hours but they usually say that just for the sake of it and service are activated instantly most of the time.

He said the code to activate it is *340206# and to deactivate it is #3406*pin#

tried them but some woman says you have dialled an incorrect service number or something along the lines

Bear in mind that it might not work until monday too... try it again tomorrow and see... also try the numbers from the other poster...

Marge
01-03-2008, 22:29
I thought call barring was activated with*227# and deactivated with #227# these are what I use.

Think those are the anon call rejecting codes not call barring

Which area are you in OP as different codes for different areas :erm:

hardtarget
01-03-2008, 22:59
Think those are the anon call rejecting codes not call barring

Which area are you in OP as different codes for different areas :erm:
luton,
i rang them and they gave me the right codes this time
i have barred utgoing mobile calls and international calls,
will i be charged twice or just once no matter how many type of calls i disable?

for mobiles it is *347# and for international it is *342#

are there any other types of calls i can block?

Marge
02-03-2008, 00:41
You can use the facility as many times as you want, you just pay the fee monthly for having the feature on your line

If you have a look here (http://www.virginmedia.com/help/telephone/) and choose Midlands as your area, it has all the codes listed for call barring options you can use

hardtarget
02-03-2008, 02:13
You can use the facility as many times as you want, you just pay the fee monthly for having the feature on your line

If you have a look here (http://www.virginmedia.com/help/telephone/) and choose Midlands as your area, it has all the codes listed for call barring options you can use
isnt luton in the south east?

also i've barred premim rate calls but i can still call this number which calls international numbers
0871 999 14 14

dave_dph
02-03-2008, 10:48

Yes, but from the codes you are using it has the same switch type as the one in the ex-tw Midlands area. Check out the link given, you will see the various levels of call barring available.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

also i've barred premim rate calls but i can still call this number which calls international numbers
0871 999 14 14

I don't think 0871 is classed as a premium rate number, they usually start with 09xx.

Akia
02-03-2008, 12:32

Changes to the telephone really do take 24 hours because they need to go to the switch board to be changed. Its only the BBI and TV which change within a few mins unless your changeing the telephone at the same time which would hold the change to the BBI & TV untill the Telephone changes.

Rhyming Obituary
08-03-2008, 17:17

0871 999 14 14

It's a common misconception that 08 numbers are premium rate.

They're not, they what's known as local non-geographic (084 numbers)
and national non-geographic (087 numbers).

To bar calls to those types of numbers you will need to bar local or national calls from your line.