PDA

View Full Version : Dropped Connection Issues

Soundlab
28-02-2008, 20:25
Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues over the past couple of days in the BN postcode area ?

For the past few days my broadband connection keeps dropping out - which has killed me on the PS3 a couple of times by logging me out of the PS3 network. Right pain in the butt.

I've also noticed my tv losing a signal every now n then (V+ box light flashing) although this has generally been separately to the broadband playing up.

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues too ?

Cheers.

boroboi
28-02-2008, 20:45
Ive had two problems in the TS10 area over the past week with not being able to get on any website what so ever...

Ive used openDNS and Virgin's so neither seems to be the problem, however online gaming and messengers always seem to work fine :S

Maybe in your case its just a fault in the area

Soundlab
28-02-2008, 21:32
Just following up on this, it also looks as though my supposed 4mb broadband connection is down to 2mb for some reason.

I've just run between 15 and 20 tests on the Robin Walker test page and all of them came out just over 2mb. Not very impressed with that.

boroboi
28-02-2008, 21:45
half the time its the test servers that are slow not your connection.

Try www.speedtest.net and try the server in paris... many people do this on the forum and it generally seems to be ok, the maidenhead server isnt as reliable.

Also try downloading some files from various websites, it might just be the speedtest servers.

bbwannabe
29-02-2008, 01:00
My connection keeps getting cut throughout the day. Annoying as heck...

brommy
29-02-2008, 08:26
yes mine seems to keep cutting out and then resetting itself , i'm pleased i'm not the only one with this problem i am in the LN2 area

bbwannabe
29-02-2008, 11:19
Connection seems to be more stable now. At 4am, connection went totally dead. I decided to give my router and modem a reset and seems to have done it some good.

Soundlab
29-02-2008, 16:47
half the time its the test servers that are slow not your connection.

Try www.speedtest.net (http://www.speedtest.net) and try the server in paris... many people do this on the forum and it generally seems to be ok, the maidenhead server isnt as reliable.

Also try downloading some files from various websites, it might just be the speedtest servers.

Thanks, gave it a go and this was the result

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/02/1.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Some 4mb that is ! lol !

Soundlab
29-02-2008, 19:12
Hmm, my first call to VM Broadband support has given the response:

"Disconnect your PS3 and your router from the network and run your modem directly to the PC to see if that resolves the problem, if not, phone us back".

Considering the PS3 is switched off most the time I wouldn't have thought this would make any difference at all.

BenRyder
01-03-2008, 15:56
I'm having the exact same problem in the PO15 area (via Cosham).

The modem doesn't lose its connection (ie. Cable flashing on the modem) but the internet access is lost for about 2 minutes, then comes back back to normal.

I tried pinging Google.co.uk and was getting about 35% packet loss.

Nothing reported on the status pages for South Coast. Looks like a call to Virgin.

MrE
01-03-2008, 16:25
I'm having the exact same problem in the PO15 area (via Cosham).

The modem doesn't lose its connection (ie. Cable flashing on the modem) but the internet access is lost for about 2 minutes, then comes back back to normal.

I tried pinging Google.co.uk and was getting about 35% packet loss.

Nothing reported on the status pages for South Coast. Looks like a call to Virgin.

I have the same problem as you (Po15 Fareham) must be a local problem :mad:

If you call VM, can you post their response?

Thx
MrE

bbwannabe
01-03-2008, 16:54
argh!!!! (over three days) [TS5 Postcode]

BenRyder
01-03-2008, 18:37
I have the same problem as you (Po15 Fareham) must be a local problem :mad:

If you call VM, can you post their response?

Thx
MrE

Hi MrE,

I'm away from home visiting family for mothers day. Sadly won't be back til Monday but trying to access my machine remotely is failing. Maybe you can call them and find out what they know !!

Ben

Soundlab
03-03-2008, 20:17
Jeez my service is appalling at the moment.

TV keeps dropping out randomly (V+ light just starts blinking to show it's lost it's signal) and my broadband just keeps freezing and stops working for a minutes or two.

Customers Services for both TV and Broadband have been completely useless - and just tell me there's no fault in the area (I am reporting the fault !!!!).

Starting to wish I hadn't agreed on a new 12-month contract 3 weeks ago. This is a complete joke.

Shin Gouki
04-03-2008, 01:47

I'm having the exact same problem in the west midlands.

Seems that no end of people are experiencing this.

webcrawler2050
04-03-2008, 01:50
Seems so..

I think it could be a result of the upgades that are happening every where.

Just a thought?

Shin Gouki
04-03-2008, 19:00
Sick of this now.

It took me about 5 minutes to get here.

Soundlab
04-03-2008, 19:11
I've done some download speed checks on a couple of sites - and I'm getting 70kb/s - wihch is well under 1mb speed.

Not at all impressed.