PDA

View Full Version : Cable modem config down to 1Mbps!

jrhnewark
28-02-2008, 18:45
Afternoon all,

We recently downgraded to the 4Mbps package and got the correct parameters set on the cable modem - 4Mbps down, 400kbp up.

Tried to use our Vonage service today and the quality was bad and breaking up really badly. Web browsing was also quite slow.

Had a look at the operation config on the cable modem, and it looks like we've been put down to 1Mbps down, 64kbps up.

Anyone got any ideas why this could be? This was 9am this morning. As far as I know, the bill was paid and all should be well... :erm:

Sirius
28-02-2008, 18:47
Afternoon all,

We recently downgraded to the 4Mbps package and got the correct parameters set on the cable modem - 4Mbps down, 400kbp up.

Tried to use our Vonage service today and the quality was bad and breaking up really badly. Web browsing was also quite slow.

Had a look at the operation config on the cable modem, and it looks like we've been put down to 1Mbps down, 64kbps up.

Anyone got any ideas why this could be? This was 9am this morning. As far as I know, the bill was paid and all should be well... :erm:

I think that is a config given to a modem when there is a problem with the bill or the change from one tier to another goes wrong.